X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Slightly overcast but its 7 degs.
    Lots of last minute jobs to be done as we are away tomorrow.

The smiles came earlier and were in high spirits.

Planting out sweetpeas today, fingers crossed.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad the smiles made it through. I got woken up this morning by fighter planes practising manoeuvres in our nearby mountains. I didn't much like the implications, but the smiles thought it a great lark to go and show the pilots how it's really done. I wasn't sure how long they'd be, diving and climbing and whatever else. Not my cup of tea at all, but I guess quite a bit of fun for a smile.

Managed to get one massive job out the way, followed by a smaller one just now. So making progress, slowly but surely. Hope your kitchen's coming along too, FF, just quickly and surely.

Interesting about the use of bread flour in Yorkshire puds. I'm saying nothing about this thread to Mr Snoop, otherwise he'll be asking for them for supper... Mind you, he has just cleared all the washing-up, so a reward is due.

Right, better get a move on. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning everyone, hope this finds you all well. Glad to here you will soon have a kitchen Flo…you deserve a medal after all this is over.
        Happy Birthday to your granddaughter Nicos, ours is a year old on Saturday…where has the time gone? Thanks for the smiles Snoop, need them today.
        Off for a catch up, have a great day everyone. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Birthday wishes to your granddaughter too Bramble. Little people now aren't they.....if you know what I mean

Well, I don't know who invented nettles but they must have been having an off day My hands are so numb
          Anyway- again I've managed to do more than I had intended, so I've come in for a brew.

Today is the last official day of hunting certain animals and the hunters and their dogs have been out in force - dogs barking , white vans speeding from place to place, horns blaring and different types of guns been shot It's all gone silent at the moment ( 2 hr lunchbreaks) then no doubt they'll start up again but this time alcohol fuelled I've brought Hibou in now I'm inside. Can't wait for it to be over.

Worrying times Snoop. Not heard any fighter planes here yet, but they do practice low level flying around our area.

Right...this brew needs a top up - anyone care to join me?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hmmmh. I can see the Thames Valley from my bedroom window and there seems to be a lot of noise and activity from the airfields.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Hi Janie - good to see you.
              Let’s hope things de-escalate quickly

Comment

• I was just thinking about making a Yorkshire pud and suddenly realised it’s pancakeDay tomorrow!.
                Nearly forgot!

Comment

• Good afternoon, cold and dull here today, had to go up to our sons this morning, to sit in with our youngest GS as he's not feeling well, son is in at work and and d.i.l. had a doctors appointment, after that I went a walk with the dogs, then made lunch, after that washed and dried all the dishes, if it wasn't so dangerous I would show OH Snoops post, where she said Mr. Snoop deserves a reward just for clearing the washing up, I wonder what my reward would be when I cook, wash, dry and tidy-up?? ah well I can dream, ​​​​​​
                  Well take care, keep safe and keep a smile close
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all,well,we all had a grand old day,the boys made a cake each,a walk to the shops was had,plus they caught sight of my trampette for the first time,they were good for me,i felt so alive and in control/fullfilled with myself,and said they would come again bless them, ,tomorrow son and friend are coming,do some more garden work,and set up my new laptop,so i hopefully will be able to post pics again,it will take me a bit to get used to it,as does anything new to me,when i have had another car am awful,takes me a bit to get used to it,got 1 bag of onion sets from wilkos,so will start them of in trays,so they have nice roots on by time the ground will be ready WOOOOHOOOO,life is getting better
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

We have sunshine and the birds are singing a perfect start to the day.

Lottie i've got a mini trampoline it really handy when I don't fancy going walking in the bad weather, enjoy yours.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Glad our sunshine has reached you Bren! It’s quite grey here this morning.

More gardening until I get rained off. Tbh I think I have enough to warrant getting out the shredder at some point soon.

Not just Pancake Day today, but also St David’s Day!
                        I always pick some daffs from the garden today to put on the table.
                        We used to live in Cardiff and I loved how people would proudly wear daffs .

I’ve also got some leeks pulled to cook something with them to add to the event. And yes, I do have some Welsh blood in me from a few generations back. ( also Scottish, Irish and English bloodlines so I’m always up for celebrating Saints Days!)

I’m also thinking of making Welsh griddle cakes as well as pancakes today but that’s really not good news for my ‘diet’ is it!

Bedt get out in the garden then and burn off a few of those calories!

Enjoy your day peeps - what’s everyone up to?

Comment

• Morning all.

Proper palaver trying to get on here this morning. If you don't hear from me for a few days, don't fear the worst. I nearly gave up today.

So, pancake day and there was me just about to succumb to a Yorkshire pud. I guess it's nearly the same mixture...

Busyish day again today. Builder has been round to have a look at drainage work that didn't get done way back when he did the garage. We also talked about the kitchen. Mr Snoop isn't keen to use him again, but there aren't that many builders around here that take on jobs out in the sticks.

Better get on with the show. The smiles are long gone so must have reached you ages ago. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• It was sunny but COLD early this morning. It's warmed up a bit now but clouded over too.

I had a look in the bookcase for the original Delia cookery book. Unlike Yorkshire pudding, where I never weigh or measure anything, I use Delia's pancake recipe. It's obviously a while (year) since I had this book out as there was a pencil already inside so it fell open at pancake page.

While I was getting Mr GF his newspaper I picked up oranges to squeeze over his, I've already got lemons for me.

It is lovely to see crocus coming up everywhere. A sure sign that Spring is around the corner.

I'll do bit of housework next as the occupational therapist is coming to see Mr GF in the morning and I don't want him/her to think I am a total slob.

Comment

• Afternoon All Couldn't get in here this morning - seems ok now. Work is progressing steadily, they're aiming for Friday finish. Still can't cook anything but at least I can see an end to it. Dull, damp but a bit warmer today
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon I've been out without needing to wear a coat
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X