X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Right, new post so I stop thinking about food.

Morning all.

Been awake for hours pondering on blessings and travails. The overall balance is positive, I'd say. The smiles headed out in a good mood once I'd totted everything up, so should be with you soon if not already. In fact, they're probably jollier than I am at the moment, as I'm really tired now and could do with a bit more sleep.

Had some frustrations yesterday, trying to sort out supposed attempted deliveries from online suppliers where no attempt was made. In my case, as the deliveries go to local shops and the petrol station and the attempts were recorded during open hours, it's plain to the suppliers that the delivery man is fibbing. And another online banking mess, and again not of my making. Oh and PayPal too. But... some very good things happened as well. So, despite my whinging I've got nothing to complain about overall.

Really busy day today, but I've managed to reorganise work (otherwise known as putting things off...) so I can do some weeding. The ground conditions are perfect for it and I reckon I could clear quite a large area today in not quite next to no time but still, not long. A lot of the brassicas I left to flower for the bees are starting to come to an end, so time to whip them out. Along with a lot of mallow plants that have sprung up. I've learned a lesson: definitely put down compost/muck in the autumn if I have it, as the weed problem will be more than halved.

Have a great day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Crossless buns? love it!…so long as they have lashings of butter!
    Salted butter. And marmalade if the bun is toasted. I think it might be the National Trust recipe that I used in the end. Really generous with the fruit and spice and totally yummy.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-05-2022, 06:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Not tonight Bramble they've given lows of 6c but it does get higher after the weekend so probably then.
    A quick P.S. I took the plunge and left them out tonight. The forecast was for a low of 10 but now saying a lowof 9.
    I have covered them with 4 layers of fleece, so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks Bren.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening, a funny day today and don't mean ha ha, I just couldn't motivate myself, I've done a bit of brushing up tided the hut a it, moved some stuff from one corner to another🙄 collected one of the grandsons from his work, put some, air into granddaughter's tyres, who by the way turned up just as I was preparing the tea so finished up feeding her as well then mixed some compost for my baskets and potting on, wasn't over at sisters but hope to be able to visit again tomorrow, also hope to have a bit more go in me tomorrow, however think I will go and anoy OH she is watching some program on TV and if I start talking to her she has to pause the TV ​​​​​​. Enjoy your day tomorrow and keep safe and keep smiling. Goodnight

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by bramble View Post

Bren, just wondering if you're considering leaving your tomatoes overnight in the greenhouse yet.
    I dont seem to have anyone to compare with this year?
    Not tonight Bramble they've given lows of 6c but it does get higher after the weekend so probably then.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Crossless buns? love it!…so long as they have lashings of butter!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^I'm already thinking about what we might have at the weekend. Hot crossless buns are on the breakfast menu. Terrible, isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon n’alln’all

petrol mower…but too heavy for me tbh…lots of turns and things to mow around and it’s the turning sharp angles which gets my wrists and back…still - can’t complain! We are lucky to have it in reality.
    Cant have sheep at the moment but I guess that will be something for future years.
    The area is a communal area for our guests so sheep droppings isn’t really an option.

Anyway…whoever passed on the rain - many thanks

I should have thought about it earlier….I’d just hung out 2 washer loads of clothes ! I hardly ever hang out washing either as the birds like to decorate it
    I think I’m wetter than the clothes now as we got the real , bounce off the road sort of rain MH ! I guess tomorrow will be a weeding day…yippee - so much easier!

Time to think about food - we’ll, in reality I’m thinking about it most of the day…so much for hunger pangs eh?

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,was raining now sun trying,Nicos that sounds a lot of grass,nevermind about the push mower,hope it's not sheep,hand cutters ,Snoop your rain sounds bad,hope the bonus is your well filling up,for when it stops,all go eh Janie,enjoy when it is set up,thanks girls,no need to worry about me,i got this sussed,had a really good night,1 position,it is no bother when am settled in the chair,but go to move ,certainty better than the effects of antibiotics ,i can be good,if really must be,i can always make cake,no strain in that,got an egg build up, GF the bed would won me over as well,off for a coffee and nibbles,have a good afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Dull and overcast but its dry.
    Going to the park for my walk before the weather changes its mind although no rain forecast.

Nicos, like Mothhawk said, hope it wasnt a push mower.

Janie, you must be so excited to be getting your juke box today.
    I will be interested to hear what mix of records come with it.

Take it easy Lottie, you dont want to do yourself any harm.

Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning

We've had a fair bit of overnight rain so butts are topped up and the gardens looking nice and fresh. I've done my morning plant shuffle toms, cucs and courgettes are in the GH for the day.

Enjoy your day.
    Bren, just wondering if you're considering leaving your tomatoes overnight in the greenhouse yet.
    I dont seem to have anyone to compare with this year?

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

We've had a fair bit of overnight rain so butts are topped up and the gardens looking nice and fresh. I've done my morning plant shuffle toms, cucs and courgettes are in the GH for the day.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

Thank you to whoever passed on the rain. I've got some. It isn't top quality, grade A, premium rain, but rather an economy, plain wrapper, can't really be bothered drizzle. But hey, anything is better than nothing

The bluetits are very busy back and forth to the box with tiny caterpillars, so I guess all the eggs must have hatched now. I wonder how many chicks there are. The blackbird is still sitting, though I've noticed two separate males are feeding babies somewhere. They load up with mealworms out of the fatballs and fly off towards the playing fields. The resident male chases them whenever he sees them.

Well done on the mowing, Nicos. That must be quite an acreage if it took 3 hours - hope you weren't using a push mower!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Cloudy and a bit chilly at the moment. A bit more rain due today but not much. Still got puddles of water that hasn't sunk in, so even the land is saying enough is enough.

Counted the asparagus plants yesterday. 19 of my good ones and 16 of the grass type up so far. That might be it, I guess. But not bad going. Now I've just got to keep them alive till we can start eating them.

The smiles were quite jolly this morning, despite the grey skies. I reckon they'll be round to see you, Janie. Sounds like you've got a nice day ahead of you.

Outside isn't very inviting, so a bit of gardening later, maybe. Meanwhile, I'd better get down to some paid work to keep the bank manager happy.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    ‘Morning all. Prince has been out and done his business, I’ve taken my pills and I’m now sitting down with a cuppa tea and the crossword. I have to clean my kitchen floor too GF, a job I’m not keen on but it always looks so worth it when it’s done.

Today is the day I have to make room for the jukebox. I know where it’s going but I have 3 pieces of furniture that need some work doing to them before 2 of them go upstairs and 1 is hung on the wall. I’ve decided to put them where they’re meant to be and work on them in situ. There’s a small chest of drawers that needs painting, a corner cupboard that needs painting inside, and a spoon back chair missing a caster.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X