X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like we have sunshine for the next few days. Sorry! ( and UV of 6 so I best dig out my suncream before I turn red!)

Tis good news for preparing the patio - and a perfect opportunity to sand down the patio tables and oil them …all 4 of them!

Anyway, more swimming today although I’d much rather be gardening. I’ve committed myself to doing the recommended minimum 150 mins of exercise per week - and that’s on top of any gardening.If I start breaking that self imposed rule then historically I know I’ll just find more and more reasons to bow out of it.

I’m fancying Cuprinoling the large plastic pots I was given. It seems to last a couple of years max before it starts to flake off, but I like the look rather than bright orange. I think I’ve got three shades of green.

Rary - I like your idea of using dog beds. Wish I’d thought about them when planning a water feature for my patio. There must be loads of old ones heading for landfill. I’m just working out about fitting in a drainage tube for my ‘ dry pond’ feature.

Have a great day peeps…do you get much wool at the charity shops Bren? I had to ask last time I was over as they didn't seem to be on display in most of the charity shops I nipped into - along with a few hundred knitting needles!
    Last edited by Nicos; 12-04-2024, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

I'm sorry to say it's bright here. And the wind has dropped too. According to the weather folk, we're into anticyclone weather for the next few days. It's being described as our first heatwave of the year. The word 'first' is a bit worrying.

Happy treasure hunting, Bren.

My new treasure, the new laptop, arrived yesterday. Opened the box, had a look and put it straight back in again. Could take me a while to get all the programs installed, so will leave that for next week. Perhaps a day when Mr Snoop is out and about and so won't have to listen to all the despairing sighs and curses.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Our daughter uses Tesco pharmacy I use the one next door to the doctors its handy they even have a connecting door. Charity shop and library today I've found some DVD's to take in as well.

I don't like to say CG but no rain here today, sunny intervals instead with a breeze.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    I think the dispensary has closed in our gp, i remember a while ago my brother had a couple of calls or message, even one off Dr saying about getting his prescription there to save jobs.
    He gets his from the supermarket like me which he passes going to and from work so is convenient. OH had to collect something from our dr and it was on he main street like a little kiosk.

Hope you get to you library and charity shop today Bren.

Weather is grim here again. I noticed on the national weather forecast that South was to get better weather
    I'm going shopping and collecting my prescription.
    Enjoy your nice weather if you have it. Not jealous at all

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening

I didn’t make it to the library or charity shop today so that will be tomorrow instead.
    MH our local pharmacy also had a backlog and a long queue. Never seen it so busy but there wasn’t any complaints everyone just chatted while we waited which I thought was good.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Afternoon all.

It's very warm outdoors so I shall go and plant out some dahlias I've grown from seed later. I've put the tomato plants outside to have a taste of fresh air so I mustn't forget to bring them in again this evening.

I found a tin of apricots at the back of the cupboard, use by June 2022.Evidently I'm not as keen on tinned apricots as I once thought! So I chopped them up, added some lemon juice and sugar, and turned them into a jar of jam. I do like apricot jam in a Victoria sponge, but I never buy it as I have lots of other home made jams made with wild gathered or home grown fruit.

My mum should have had her vitB jab yesterday, but after I had dashed out to the pharmacy the day before to get the dose in readiness, the nurse phoned to say it was postponed till Saturday as they had a lot of staff shortages. The pharmacy also has a backlog, claiming staff shortages as the reason. I don't know if there is a virulent illness going round, or if they are all taking holidays at the same time, or what. As the pharmacy is in the same building as the surgery perhaps they've all got something catching.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Woop-woop, it's the sound of da police

I'll be snooping about, Nicos will be nicking you and Bren will be potting you in clink. (Sorry Bren, it was the best I could come up with.)

Nice idea about the dog baskets, though, Rary.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon,this recovery is going very slowly, but each day there is improvement, I can't remember when last an illness took so long, but as said improving, I was going to tell Nicos that surely it will be the dentist who will be taking the plunge, and to Snoop it could be quite an area for the dentist to look at, but as Snoop has been so kind to me and wishing me well I won't do that😇 was out to the greenhouse earlier just to put some plants out to garden off and it actually felt quite pleasant, but don't have the energy to do anything at present, have several things to do but will just have to be patient, one of the projects is to we a couple of dog beds as raised flower baskets thinking of using these instead of actual baskets which would cut down the watering, reduce the amount of compost required and to a certain degree easier to keep the flowers tidy, ofcours I could be wrong but time will tell, I will now sign off for a wee while just incase one of the polis try to catch me, have a good day and pass on some smiles

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all. It's a nice bright sunny morning here.
    A trip to the post office and then to the library.
    Grandson Number 2 is calling for lunch, we havnt seen him for a while.
    My daughter is calling this afternoon to help me paint the white woodwork.
    I didnt particularly want to start the painting today but, her job closed down and I think she's bored being at home.

Snoop, I grow the ginger for the root, I never dic get it to flower, going to try harder this time around
    Good luck at the dentist.
    Have a good dsy all,

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Ok at the dentist thank you I hope you find something at the charity shop Bren. I usually do but not what I was looking for! Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Yesterday our new counter top oven arrived.
    It’s to replace the one in one of the gites which has stopped working.
    We’ll be using it when we’ve not got guests in preference to our massive 90 cm wide oven.
    So- after its initial ‘firing’ yesterday OH has asked me to try out some baking in it today .
    So Dorset apple cake it is then

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    CG oddly we've not seen the robins today they're both usually popping in and out. I've got some seed packets to drop of at the charity shop then i'll have a browse never know what I'll find, last time it was crochet magazines.
    I'll have to be on the lookout for ginger with sprouting eyes so i can join in.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Dry here too. Was lovely before but has clouded in now.
    Some work to sort and then some jobs outside I think.
    Hows your robins bren? I've had a pair feeding each other this morning but i've no idea where their nest is.
    Are you hoping to find something nice in the charity shop?
    I will get some ginger tomorrow and plant some up Bramble

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

It looks like being a dry day here so I'll finally get into the garden. I'm of to the library later calling at the charity shop on the way back.

enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Calm, chill and cloudy. Hoping to start clearing up the patio today - moving pots and power hosing the concrete .
    Might go for a bike ride later.

Good to hear the Smiles are back home Snoop. Sounds like they’ve had a bit of fun! Nothing like rejuvenating their batteries! …batteries?….I thought they were solar powered. ( or cake powered?)Ah…maybe that’s why they went AWOL ?

Looks like we’re in for a warm , dry weekend. Smashing

Enjoy your day peeps.
    Rather you than me at the dentist Snoop. Well done though on taking the plunge. Maybe you should treat yourself to something as a reward? And why not!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X