Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning everybody. Not a cloud in the sky and no wind either. It feels cold however. I awoke early, turned the thermostat up and got back under the quilt for half an hour until the thought of a mug of coffee was too strong to ignore. I did consider waking Mr GF up "by accident" and letting him make the coffee but I didn't😇. It is supposed to get a lot windier and rain later today.

I really ought to do a grory hop. I need "essentials" such as wine, cream and chocolate.

Comment

• Morning.

Its a sunny day here with a bit of a breeze perfect for getting out into the garden.

Flo hopefully it won't take the kitchen fitters long with a team of 3 will you be back to normal after that or is there more repair work to do.

Enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sunshine?…..you lucky lot!…..tis dull and grey here but no breeze which is an improvement

Just had soft boiled dippy eggs with soldiers for breakfast.

I don’t think I mentioned that two of our chooks died whilst we were away. Two of our oldest hens but unfortunately not the bully.
        Looks like we also have rats again near the chook house too.
        Things always happen when you go away don’t they
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Dull and grey here but its dry.
          I was due for a haircut this morning but she just phoned to say she is ill.
          A trip to the library and then the post office.
          Some gardening this afternoon.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,not long up ,one of them night again,we got sun,i seem to have a lazy day on me,things to do ,BUT what,it makes me smile seeing some of the posts on here,FF you have to have a mess,so you can see the transformation,sending you some hang in there's,have a good afternoon all stay safe and Bgood2yourselves
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening All Just a quick update - the three men became one on Tuesday. Fitter's labourer (dad aged 75) taken home ill by second labourer who looked about the same age. Part of kitchen in but wrong sink unit so I have no sink until next week at least. Flooring and tiles not arrived - fitter thinks not yet on order despite my selections confirmed in January. Bombsite still. Oh well ............
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh Flo……hang on in there lass - it’s turning into a right farce isn’t it?
                Fingers crossed he’s not got covid

Comment

• Not a nice situation to be in FF,i don't think it is so much the mess,but the frustration of yet another fowl up with the team,i suppose you will recommend them then ,i have had lots of messes in the past with jobs,like taking down a lath and plaster ceiling ,glug glug,the black soot stuff got everywhere,even when a room was tapped up,it beggerd belief,we all here for you lass,am sure we all have lots we could share,
                  Well i finaly got around to shortening my jeans and putting extra belt loops on out the fabric cut of,and repaired a ripped coat for a family member,finaly got my folic acid pills today,be glad when they kick in,i have sewing ideas coming up,i have been looking at the fabrics i got,and what i could do with them,when i feel better,any how,sweet dreams all,i only hope I can sleep tonight,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening.

Its one problem after another Flo, hopefully you'll soon have your kitchen.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very cold again with a forecast of snow showers. Looking forward to my cup of Earl Grey when I get to work. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. I just cannot stay asleep. I awakened about an hour ago. I've been looking at recipes on google, etc but haven't got out of bed yet although the thought of coffee is quite tempting

Snow forecast here too for this morning.

We're supposed to be going care home visiting this afternoon, weather permitting of course.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop for me today not to sure after that but I don't fancy seed sowing in the GH during a hailstorm.

Greenishfing have you tried Pinterest for recipes ? there's lots to chose from.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Sympathy like there, FF. Hope it gets sorted out for you soon.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bit shocked by the news today. Feels a bit odd to be worrying about what are, in the scheme of things, really quite trivial matters. Anyway, they do have to be dealt with. Had a useful day yesterday and my desk is considerably tidier now that I've got all the paperwork off it. A bit more of the same this morning and then on with the proper work.

The smiles shot off really early this morning before I'd even got up as I had a bit of a lie-in. I ought to be grateful that neither they nor Frankie woke me up early.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Yeh - Snoop - felt sick reading the headlines this morning too.
                                We are surrounded by WW2 ‘events/ memories’ here which makes it feel so recent. Let’s hope things deescalate very quickly for the sake of those actively involved and globally.

I was planning on gardening today but there is a bitter wind…good job there’s loads of DIY to crack on with indoors.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X