Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the doctor rang back and then arranged an actual face to face appointment, which Mr GF has now had, booked a blood test for next week, and we picked up the prescription the doctor prescribed at the chemist, and are now home again. All before 11.30am.

Nicos, you have my sympathy on the ferry crossing.

Still no wind to speak of here, we've had showers but the sun has just popped out again.

Comment

• Good noon all,those that have snow can either keep it,or send it out to the north sea ,ref wind,i have seen it worse,the sky is looking like something's going to snow ,Pleased you got home safe and sound Nicos,hope you had a good trip overall,FF how nice your on your way,GF pleased you getting MR sorted out,always a worry ehh,them smiles are developing into supper beings,i wonder if some have made a nest near me,thank you girls for the kind words,in a few weeks they are having a Table top and tea bake sale,so i will bake,plus see about sewing a few shopping bags as well,will have to enquire about what sort of things are donated ext,my head is very busy again,with the garden as well,my pricked out babies are all thriving,thus far,almost ready to do some chilli/peppers,more coming on in the prop,stay safe and Bgood2yourselves
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Just read back…SNOW!…wow.
        Get busy with those snow angels!
        Anyone brave enough to build a snow creation?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all, and welcome home Nicos. You wouldn't have got me on a ferry in a Force 9! Still very blustery here, though it's blown away the earlier rain.

So, as Winnie-the-Pooh said, a very happy Windsday everyone!
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Called in at Lidl for a grory hop and couldn’t resist buying some dwarf nasturtium and radish seeds .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Called in at Lidl for a grory hop and couldn’t resist buying some dwarf nasturtium and radish seeds .
              You cannot have too many radishes. I love to pick them small and tender. A lot never get home from the allotment. Yet another pack sneaked their way into my basket last week somehow.

I only ever planted nasturtiums once but they pop up every year and apart from the fact that I love their bright colours they seem to attract the blackfly away from my veg. Win Win!

Comment

• My thoughts exactly gf!

Comment

• Another nasturtium fan here, they self seed, look pretty plus you can eat the leaves, flowers and seeds.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy to say no snow here.....yet. However we did get a bit of a blow earlier. Batten down the hatches weather. The power was off for about half an hour. I'd forgotten how dark the night could be with no streetlights etc.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Clear skies, sunshine and frost. Complete contrast to yesterday’s weather!
                      Hope peeps haven’t had too much damage?

A good morning for porridge and a good dollop of our daughter’s honey.
                      Once the frost has gone I’m intending to do a bit more clearing up in the garden.

Anyone got plans for the weekend?

Comment

• Morning all. Clear blue sky which has dropped the temperature down but the sunshine may lift it a bit. No doubt it will cloud over by mid morning. Can't see any damage anywhere, even the loose tarp on next door's shed is still attached. Hope everyone else is as fortunate.

Kettle's on and there's a farmhouse loaf made in my new cast iron pan yesterday, so you're welcome to toast and marmalade too
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

A bit of snow left in the garden and a few icy patches but hopefully that will soon be gone otherwise I'll be using boiling water to loosen the ground to get some parsnips out.

Luckily no damage here either mothhawk btw how was the new loaf pan, they do look rather impressive.

edited to say just spotted your loaf photo.
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 19-02-2022, 08:18 AM.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning everyone. There is no wind or rain at the moment but it is very cold. Rain is forecast for later.

Mothawk, the bread looks very moreish. Will it even get the chance to cool?

Comment

• Good morning all,
                              It raining here but I used by the forecast itsjust clearing the coast.
                              Not playing pitch deputy, itjusttoo miserable.
                              Nothingplnned but I might make some soup.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,we got rain and cold,it is hard to get and keep motivated,but laundry has to be done,and tidy that kitchen again,,that storm looks to have done a lot of bother in places,thank goodness all is ok around me,i feel sorry for those affected,stay safe and Bgood2yourselves,them smiles are glistening in their shelter
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 19-02-2022, 11:48 AM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X