This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

I'm sorry to tell you that it's bright blue sun here. Not too windy at the moment, though the weather people say it should get quite blowy later.

The smiles went and had a look at my seed potatoes and reported back that they've started chitting. They did a quick once around the room and shot off in your directions before I could tell them that I probably bought the potatoes too early, then. They'll be going in the ground well before the last frost. Probably better cover them up good and deep. That'll larn me. Again. Soon or later I'll heed the lesson.

Anyway, another busy day ahead of me so better get a move on. Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Morning all

Looks bright out although we had a windy night. Snow and blizzards forecast for tomorrow so that's something to look forward to....not!
      We seem to be getting a lot of storms these days so i reckon gloal warming has a lot to answer for.
      About to put the beef mince in the oven but unsure what recipe I am going to use with it. What an exciting life I lead. A Box/core workout on the cards for this evening. With a clean change of clothes required after each nightly workout, my poor washing machine is working overtime. My potatoes are chitting nicely and my leeks are practically ready to plant out so that will release the window sills for summat else!

TTFN and take care in these windy conditions.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
        A very windy night but its died down now and its raining.
        All kind of weather forecast for the next 24 hours so it could be anything.
        Out for lunch today with my two school friends so that should take care of a good part of the day,
        Stay safe and warm and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,we got a nice day here,the tree has been chopped,so much better,i am going to get a lap top,instead of this big thing i got,it is all in hand,sent of for some more seeds last night,WELL a girl must do ,even if all my planned things for the garden were set up,still not a lot i can do as ground is to damp,am just being very patient,not only that,it lets me see what else if anything i need to take into account or add ext,like where are the water barrels going to be placed,i have already changed the current net space use,from form brasicas to growing things up and over,i'ts the frame from a previouse blow away,size 3.5 x 4 m,so a lot of scope there,then there is a matter of the very large over hanging willow on the other side,makes me feel more alive,am off out to my fun tea dance,so need to go get tarted up a bit,see you later,stay safe and be good2yourselves
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• evening all,had another lovely afternoon,peeps are so friendly,i feel like have been there a long time,is nice to feel like i belong,so something to look forwards to one a week,keep hearing about this Eunice on the way,just take care everyone ,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ​​Glad to read you enjoyed the tea dance Lottie
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Raining here but not too windy yet. Ceiling is done. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Good to hear things are getting done, FF. And glad you had a good time out, LD.

Decent frost here this morning, but nowhere near as windy as it sounds in the UK. Hope you and your plots stay safe. The smiles were in two minds as to what to do, but they think they should be OK so set off as normal.

Busy day ahead, as per, but at least it's all sensible.

Have a great day, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Morning

Good news about the ceiling Flo hopefully the rest of the kitchen will follow soon.

Lots of overnight rain here so the gardens rather soggy only been as far as the GH yet. nice full water butts

Stay safe.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, we have snow here, started about 5, not that deep and has turned to rain now, but the school buses are off, so that gives two of the grandsons an extra holiday, personally if they were my sons I would walk them to school after all it only six miles and would be worth it for the peace and quiet well as the snow is here there will be no gardening today, the one advantage of the snow ofcourse is that my garden is as tidy as all my neighbours I hope you get some decent weather so that you can get you ceiling dried FF.
                      Well take care, keep safe and pass on some smiles

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all

Woke up late to a surprise guest........a three inch covering of snow. If there was a storm last night I didn't hear it as I didn't get to bed until 1.00. The reason i was late to bed was because I had drank an energy drink before my Box/core session yesterday evening and was still full of adrenilin on my return. When I did sleep I slept like a log though not awakening until 8.30 this morning.
                        A bit of shopping was planned for today but unless this snow clears a bit, it won't happen.
                        Tatty bye for now.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning. I had to ring for a doctor's appointment for Mr GF at 8am when they start answering the phone. Even though I started ringing constantly before they turned their answering machine off I was still number 34 in the queue. Never mind I got through and the doctor will ring back at some point this morning. Until that has happened I can't really make any plans for the day.

It is breezy here at the moment but not too bad yet. It should be raining here now, 97% chance, but actually the sun is out. The forecast yesterday was giving a forecast of snow for today but that has now changed to rain..... in other words it will probably snow at some point......not that I am cynical about forecasts of course.

Flo, I am glad that things are starting to improve for you at long last.

Lottie I'm glad you're settling in and starting to enjoy life.

Thinking about schools closing due to bad weather, when did this start happening? It never happened in my school days. Even at high school, ten miles away, if the "school special" bus didn't turn we had to walk a mile to the local station and catch a train and walk a mile to school at the other end. The local stationmaster was a lovely old man who used to let us into his office to warm up next to his fire while waiting for a train. That would probably not even be allowed nowadays.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’m baaaack!

Good grief…what weather!
                            Force 9 ferry crossing…say no more

Mostly unpacked but couldn’t resist a quick tour of the sopping wet garden. Daffs, crocus and snowdrops - so lovely to come back to some colour!
                            The lawns have grown another 10 cm and some parts are easily 20 cm tall. That’s going to take some mowing, although it looks lovely lush green colour!

Best get the wood fires lit and warm up these stone walls.

Keep safe and warm peeps….
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              What a miserable day with gale force wind and rain.
                              A definite indoor day today.

Welcome home Nicos, hope you had a good holiday.

GF hope the doctor will sort things out for your husband.

Flo, glad to see thing are moving along for you.

Snoop, the smiles didnt want stop off here this morning, it was just too miserable.

That's it for now have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Glad the smiles got as far as you this morning Bramble - they sheltered in our barn for a little while. I did offer them tea and crumpets but they declined!
                                Last edited by Nicos; 18-02-2022, 10:39 AM.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X