Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All A balmy 10 degrees here but raining and very windy. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Grey and cloudy out. Even though there's no frost, the smiles set off in a huddle this morning to keep each other warm. No sun makes it seem colder. Supposed to get very windy later as well. Think I might spend the day indoors after a brief outing to get more firewood in.

Plenty of work I can be doing indoors but first, a nice milky coffee courtesy of Mr Snoop. Anyone else fancy one?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A dry and windy here and the chimneys are howling but we've not lost the wind sock yet

Stay safe and enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning g all.
          A very windy day but its dry so far.
          Showers forecast so a donestics day for me.
          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• morning all,thanks for smiles and the milky coffee Snoop,seems much warmer today,i have been introducing myself to my sewing room and altering some clothes,not what i usually do,but need to stretch myself with ideas again,at the same time give me something different to wear,for only my time,it is taking me far to long,as i have lost my speed ,stay safe all,and do not hang onto any blow aways,LD looks at the weather and thinks about a walk to wilkos,for seed looking,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Warmer today, but windy and it's just started raining AGAIN.

Off to do the grory hop soon.

Comment

• Morning all. It's a breezy one here too, but with it a balmy 13C. I confess I like the wind, love to walk in it, so had a bracing walk earlier. The wind was so strong and right in my face for a long stretch till at one point that I considered changing my route for a more sheltered path, but in the end carried on.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon, it's been a very good day today, as it is OHs birthday I was going to take her out for an afternoon tea, but as we have been having strong gusts of wind and heavy rain she doesn't want to risk going out, so disappointing however there is a down side as well, with the high winds I can't get out to the greenhouse and the heavy rain means I can't get any wood sawn up either​​​​​​, well keep safe and if you do have the strong winds, stay at home if possible and remember even in storms its nice to pass on a smile
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon the winds calmed down a fair bit but its still raining. Not been far today only to the GH so I've joined Bramble doing household chores.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      Rary, you are so good at winding everybody up. You could probably even give Mr GF lessons.
                      Oooh that hurt I have just spent some time looking through some posts to see who greenishfing had mistaken me for, as I thought she couldn't really mean me, I have always seen myself as a picture of sobriety and very strait laced (how come there are no emogies with halos abin thur heid) definitely a case of mistaken identity.

Bren, you could have came up here to do some household chores instead of joining bramble, who I am sure will keep a very tidy house, at least here you would have had plenty to do and not spent your time wondering what you could do next
                      Last edited by rary; 16-02-2022, 04:27 PM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Thanks for the invite Rary but I'm sure if I'd left the front door I'd have been blown away.

Comment

• Blowing a gale here too. I'm thankful I am warm and curled up indoors tonight.

Rary is this the emoji that you were looking for?😇 or this?👼

By the way not many people are better wind up merchants than Mr GF who won the wooden spoon (award for stirring) in the local pub two years in a row in his younger days.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Still rough here, but not half as windy as last night. Still, no damage done anywhere around, as far as I can see.

I've left the kettle on the hob - off to do a grory hop now.
                            Have a good day all and stay safe in the wind, especially you Northerners.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop for me as well this morning mothhawk, no damage here either just lots of Silver birch twigs from our trees littering the garden..

Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning, I 've just awakened to the gorgeous aroma of baking bread. 7°C and the wind is nothing like as strong as in the night when I could hear it howling. Not raining but the forecast says 77% chance of rain later and 90% chance or rain/sleet/snow tomorrow with strong winds again.

I've just taken the bread out of the breadmaker and am trying to decide what sort of soup to make later to accompany it, and the sun has just poked it's head out too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X