Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, it has actually been a dry day today, was out with the dog before breakfast as I thought it was going to rain, but as said dry all day, after breakfast I had some housework and washing to do then was out and sawed up several branches, so now have a fair stock of wood, didn't get round to altering the chimney, and with storms forecasted I won't be altering it any time soon, looked into ordering an afternoon tea but couldn't give a garunteed delivery before 6pm so think I will go to a local hotel for the afternoon tea, now need to ask her for the money for it​​​​​​, just back in from walking the dog a clear sky with a cold wind blowing, so doubt 8f I will be back out tonight. So keep warm and safe and smile Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
      Good evening, it has actually been a dry day today, was out with the dog before breakfast as I thought it was going to rain, but as said dry all day, after breakfast I had some housework and washing to do then was out and sawed up several branches, so now have a fair stock of wood, didn't get round to altering the chimney, and with storms forecasted I won't be altering it any time soon, looked into ordering an afternoon tea but couldn't give a garunteed delivery before 6pm so think I will go to a local hotel for the afternoon tea, now need to ask her for the money for it​​​​​​, just back in from walking the dog a clear sky with a cold wind blowing, so doubt 8f I will be back out tonight. So keep warm and safe and smile Goodnight
      Rary you do make me smile. You cheer me up on a miserable day. As I didn't get a Valentine's day card or present yet again Mr GF has now told me to tell my sister to "alert" him next year. As if it will make any difference! The last, and only, time I got an amazing bouquet was in what even Mr GF calls impression time....about 30 years ago.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 14-02-2022, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Good Morning All They're coming to replace the ceiling on Thursday, yay, at last a start! Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Great to hear things are finally moving, Flo, hopefully it will all crack on now.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

We didn't bother with Valentines day either we use the same cards each year they go from the drawer to the mantlepiece but neither of us got around to it this year.

That's good news Flo

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Great news Flo. We are having a new boiler fitted today and the mess and inconvenience is awful. I don't know how you have coped with weeks and weeks of it. At least you are turning the corner now.

It is raining yet again. Where does it all come from. I think we are getting somebody else's share as well. Forecast for the rest of the week is more of the same.

Comment

• Good morning all. Dry and bright 7 degs.
                An indoor day today as I have a cold and dont want it to get worse.

GF, what lots of interior work done and it creates a horrible mess.
                Hope it doesn't go on too long.

Flo, you're a saint for putting with all the upheaval for so long.

Have a good day all

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, down at my daughters and it’s pouring rain!!! They keep saying it’s going to clear soon but doesn’t look likely! Hope your weather is better.
                  Have a great day!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Bright out there again. No frost. Feels like it could be time to start sowing... Frosts forecast for the weekend though, so I'd better make space for taking things indoors overnight. Cue Mr Snoop complaining there's nowhere to walk (we have no windowsills, everything goes on the floor).

Loads to do today though. So better get a move on. The smiles were a bit sluggish this morning but eventually set off. Looks like I've got more tax inspecting to get through... On a positive note, I offered Mr Snoop the choice of bread today and he chose sourdough white. The first time ever. The last lot were very good but the only difference was I put the dough to prove in the car, where it's warmer. So it's gone in the car again today.

Have a great day, everyone. Good luck, FF. Loads of faff ahead, but the end is in sight.

Comment

• mothhawk, I keep forgetting to ask: how are your Netherton loaf tins doing?

Comment

• good morning all,they were not kidding about the weather were they,had a better sleep last night,and a lay in,had to force myself up,ref valentines day,when you with the one you love,every day is so,i believe the idea was for the single/free gents to woo a lady,until comertiolisation took over,FF pleased you getting a start,nothing worse than a ceiling and plaster,it comes together very slowly,then suddenly it's done ,as for plants everywhere Snoop,is only for a few weeks,and look forwards to what is at the end of it,that's what am doing in my messy concervatory,good news is,the tree will be coming down on Thursday if all goes to plan ,it will soon straighten out when poly is up and running,i am blessed with lovely neighbours all around,as is not my tree,see you all later,food is calling,and need to try and engage my brain in something useful
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          mothhawk, I keep forgetting to ask: how are your Netherton loaf tins doing?
                          It only arrived on Friday, Snoop, and I want to buy some flax oil to give it an extra coating before I use it. I'll get some on Thursday when I do the grory hop. I'm itching to use it, it's a lovely shape, much more square than regular tins, 12cm wide (inside measurement) by 17cm long, as opposed to 9cm wide, so it should make a loaf you can cut a proper slice off.

I'll take some photos when the big moment comes.

Talking of photos, Flo, are you going to give us some before/after photos of your kitchen? I think we'd all love to see some.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening, another nice day, though there was a shower this morning which I got caught in while out with the dog, then OH wanted to do some shopping, wasn't out long but it gets her moving, once home another walk then sawing up more wood, also got a visit from our two youngest grandsons, then daughter dropped into collect Daisy so that's her away back home, onething I did hear was when OH was on the phone to her friend, who was wishing her a happy birthday for tomorrow and she answered that she would prefer not to be reminded of it, so following her wishes I will let tomorrow pass by without mentioning it any way she has our anniversary to look forward to in March, when we will head to the Lake District, so if she doesn't have to pay for a birthday present, she has that bit more money to pay for her treat for our anniversary need to go as its tea time, keep warm, keep safe and keep smiling. I now wish you all a goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, you are so good at winding everybody up. You could probably even give Mr GF lessons.

It's been cold, wet and miserable today. 6°C now and still drizzling. I am so glad that the new boiler is now fitted and working and we are warm. I must be getting nesh in my old age. (Just had to google "nesh" as I realised I hadn't heard the word in years). Yorkshire dialect: soft, weak, overly susceptible to cold, ME in other words. Yesterday we had sleet again, at least today it was only rain.

Comment

• Evening
                                ​Its rained here almost all day so only indoor things got done today.
                                I've been through my seeds sorting what I want to sow next and when I just need to buy compost then I'm sorted.

have a good evening.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X