This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Greenishfing i know of care homes were residents have been given baby dolls to cuddle those lifelike ones they seem be go down well.

You've probable all spotted the forum banner about the vine being of line tomorrow from 10.30 until 3pm. hopefully it will come back without problems.

enjoy your Sunday. even if you're sharing my wet and windy weather.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Quite warm here at the moment. No frost overnight. The weather forecast says it's cloudy today, but the sun has clearly got other ideas. Lunch outside today, I think. Mr Snoop volunteered to cook. Clearly he thinks it's been a long time since we last had beans on toast.

The fruit situation will be interesting. Some years we'll have more than we can eat, I suspect. Other years we'll have nothing due to late frosts. Either way, it'll look nicer. I need to find a book on caring for fruit trees. Was thinking of Hessayon, but I've been told there's a lot of information about choosing varieties, which would come a bit late now and probably not be very useful seeing as I can't get the same varieties as in the UK. Any advice, guys?

Sorry to hear about your kitchen, FF. Very frustrating.

How about a nice new purse for your wife, Rary. And as it's bad luck to give an empty purse as a gift, you could fill it with lots of nice crisp notes. If Mr Snoop wanted to give me a gift, I'm afraid I'd probably choose netting for my brassicas for next winter. Not very romantic, but I'm more than a bit fed up at the state of the purple sprouting and Brussels sprouts.

Right, better get on with things. The smiles set off ages ago and I've done next to nothing since. They'll get back and I'll have nothing to show for the day. By the way, sorry if the smiles thing is a bit silly or irritating. I used to really enjoy you sharing smiles, Rary, and when you were gone I kind of took up the mantle, but in a dafter way. Hope that's OK.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,
        Gray and raining here so it looks lik indoor.l

Flo, I hope you dont have to wait much Longer for your kitchen.

Rary, we had a gift of afternoon tea delivered to us a couple of times and it was lovely.surpise.
        Perhaps if there is anywhere in your area your wife might like that.
        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,what a miserable day outside,not been up long,had one of them wake times,was watching catchup tv till about 3 30 am,rary you make me smile sunshine,no gifts required,just be yourself,,
          Well i had a blast with the family yesterday afternoon,outside in the chill air,started with a fish lunch,played a bit of kick the ball around with a GGson,then i given a ride on the back of his suitable sized quad bike,they have access to a very big space,oh my ,i just could not help myself,all i did was scream,they are well taught on them,he is 7,what a boy,he gave everyone a ride,although i had to have assistance to get on and off it,wow,and yes would do it again,this gran/great gran is alive and kicking ,have fun everyone,and Bgood2yourselves .
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Oh rary afternoon tea is fab…my daughter got me this one
            https://kettleandcrumb.com/products/...noon-tea-for-2
            It was amazing and did us over 2 days. Because it was so good I bought it for my friend. It arrived well packaged in an insulated box!
            sigpic

Comment

• Hello everyone, been around keeping up with things just haven’t been joining in lately.
              Lottie your exploits are making me smile, thank you!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                Oh rary afternoon tea is fab…my daughter got me this one
                https://kettleandcrumb.com/products/...noon-tea-for-2
                It was amazing and did us over 2 days. Because it was so good I bought it for my friend. It arrived well packaged in an insulated box!
                They do look a good idea Jay, thanks I've saved the link.

Comment

• Good evening, out this morning with Daisy, got soaked, then changed and out to the church, back home changed and back out with Daisy, got soaked, made something to eat OH wanted some porridge, after that was out in the greenhouse for a time, think I will need to lift the lum for the fire it's 3mts high but will add other half meter tomorrow, when back in the house again took Daisy for a walk and though it, was raining it was just a light drizzle so not too bad, though can't, risk getting a cold or sore throat as the idea of a lunch box sounds good but will ee to go out singing to raise the money for it, and I only have a couple of days to do that, Snoop, I think the more smiles that are spread the better, so no complaints from me​​​​​. Right rain 8s off so for out again with Daisy, enjoy the coming week, keep safe, and keep smiling Goodnight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All 5 degrees here this morning and fine. I'm hoping to hear something about the kitchen this week. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

A quick say-hello before the break for our sponsors. Hope they don't go crazy with the weird ads again.

Very odd light here this morning. Tiny breaks in very dark clouds are letting sunshine through. The smiles went off to enjoy marvellous effect. They looked very silvery in the distance.

Very busy day today so better get a move on. Got my fingers crossed for you, FF.

See you later.

Comment

• Morning

Another wet and windy day here, hopefully not as bleak as yesterday.

They're really are dragging out your kitchen work Flo it must be frustrating for you.xx

Enjoy your day and see you this afternoon.

Comment

• Feels cold this morning, have a great day all…catch you later.
                          Fingers and everything crossed for you Flo!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. 6°C and cloudy at the minute. The weather forecast is predicting rain in the next hour, for a change. I've been awake since 5am for no good reason.

I'll finish making the marmalade later today. The tedious bit, cutting all the peel into slivers is done. It's just a matter of sterilising some jars, adding the sugar, and boiling to setting point.

I've got some pasta bake to deliver too.

Comment

• Good morning all,seems warmer,but looks really miserable out,we getting rain anytime soon,FF they know how to drag things out,nothing worse than,JUST waiting,GF i can smell that jam from here MMMMMM,Today has to be domestics,then is annual bloods,and hopefully some more potting on of the tomato's,son is starting some off i a few weeks,and we will swap,saves growing 2 lots,am hoping we not get rain all week,as a over grown tree has to be loped before the tunnel can go up,i can now see the garden taking shape,the smiles have landed thank you snoop,have a good day all,and Bgood2yourselves
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Just popping in to say hi.
                                Camper van is doing really well - really chuffed.

Keep warm and safe peeps!

Just preparing a Valentine meal so better knock on with it…..
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X