X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all and happy St Patrick's day.
    Beautiful sunny morning here.
    Lots of parades in Ireland today and thrn a bank holiday tomorrow.

Rock, yes I loved it.
    Years ago when on holiday in Blackpool we went and saw it being made.
    A lot of work went into it.

Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning all.

I'm not long out of bed. It's a miserable morning. If things improve I'll be meeting one of my sister's later.

Not letting the grass grow under my feet I ordered a new mattress yesterday which will arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. It's a good job Mr GF stayed in the car as he'd have had nightmares about the price 😱. I really cannot stand these modern memory foam ones. They are just too warm. They remind me of the foam ones you used to get on boats. The compensation on boats was the water lapping against the hull rocking you to sleep, as long as it wasn't stormy.

I was never a rock fan either but used to be bemused by the lettering in the middle. I saw a TV programme once showing how they did it.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Raining here too. Just getting ready to demolish a bacon sandwich. Have a lovely Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Loved those postcards, Nicos. Very imaginative. Good to see the Norman D-Day one too.

I never really liked seaside rock. A novelty and, yes, the letters going through were intriguing. But way too hard and not interesting enough in flavour. I'd have been up for a lemon one, though.

YH has gone out with the dogs, Mr Snoop is about to organise materials for the morning's work and I'm about to put two loaves in the oven after it has cooled down a bit after pizza for breakfast. There was leftover dough that needed using up, honest. The smiles hung around, enjoying the smell, so they might be a bit late on their rounds this morning.

Better get on with things, as I've got the usual loads to do, including making hot crossless buns with YH so he can take some home with him along with a loaf of bread. He's leaving tomorrow morning and we will both be very sorry to see him go.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

We have rain here for the day, its not stopped little robin popping in and out not many other birds around though,

Aniseed rock was my favourite especially once it had gone soft I hated those sharp crunchy pieces the stick broke into once you'd smashed it.

Hope the weather doesn't spoil it for for those who celebrate St Patrick's day.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning Nicos,
    I would love a cuppa . Oh yes the rock. I'm sure you can still get it, was never keen though but my dad loved rock infact anything sweet.
    Yes happy St Patrick's day. Well yesterday's frost and brightness is back to grey gloom

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all,D
    Woken by the rain bouncing off the window….I’m hoping it’ll ease off and I can have a bit more of a snooze!
    I am however contemplating a brew- anyone fancying one too?

I’ve realised it’s St Patrick’s Day. I best get some Irish Soda bread out of the freezer to celebrate!

No plans so far for today - unless of course it stops raining! Maybe I should check out the ‘ Must have been done by yesterday’ list for some ideas!

GF-you’ve reminded me of when I slept at my grandmother’s house. Her spare bed had a homemade feather mattress. I was only a tot when I stayed there but I remember sinking deeper into it as the night progressed!

Hadto chuckle atSnoops comment to those of you on your holiblobs to have an icecream for her!
    Can you still buy rock at UK holiday resorts? I’ve not had any for years- too sickly - but I used to love crunching my way through a stick and wondering how they managed to get the letters all the way through.

Whatever you get up today, enjoy yourselves!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    A cloudy start here and it’s definitely cooler again.
    Today OH will be glued to the tele- it’s the last three rugby matches of the Six Nations ….all on one day. I am happy to join him for some of it but not all
    I guess today I’ll be pottering

There are still loads of postcards on sale over here.
    One company produces really clever ( twisting words) for each region, as well as friendly mocking of idiosyncrasies for each areaThis is the one for Normandy…
    https://www.heula.fr/index.php?l=1&mcat=5&r=1
    They’ve really taken off selling loads of other things with their signature humour

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Sun here too and an early frost. Walk already done and washing on the line. Had sourdough open sandwich for breakfast.
    Right, need a cuppa.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning.

The sun is shining. It's quite cold and only forecast to hit the dizzying heights of 11°C this afternoon. It is however so nice to actually see the sun.

I used to like looking through all the smutty postcards at the seaside too. Do they still sell them or are they too non- PC now?

Snoop, where do geckos go in Winter? Do they hibernate? We have lots of birds and here, but I haven't seen a starling for a few years. We are inundated with grey squirrels. In Summer I see the odd hedgehog snuffling around after dark and a few years ago if I looked out around midnight there was usually a fox around. It might still be around but we tend to go to bed a bit earlier now.

Mr GF has woken up with backache this morning as have I a few times recently. I think it's time to have a look at new mattresses. I really can't stand the modern ones with foam though. I remember once sleeping in a feather bed which was wonderful when I went to bed and was like sleeping on concrete by the morning.

Sadly while I have been typing this the clouds have started gathering.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Morning All Sunny here too. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Lovely and sunny out pity about the earlier frost, its odd watching the sun melting it away as it crosses the garden.

Little robins still popping in and out an intruder robin appeared yesterday in the lean-to but was soon chased off.

It sounds like an assortment of bird/animal visitors for you Snoop. we only have birds, the odd cat and fox then last year the first squirrel came on our garden.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Bright blue outside. Warm night. Three of the birds in the barn and garage have decided now is the time to start the spring season for real. Strange not to see the one above the door any more. The geckos and bats are back in the garage. So instead of counting birds, I'll now be counting geckos.

I was woken by the alarm clock from a dream in which I was on the wrong platform for a train. And I had a heavy suitcase, so would I make it in time over to the other platform... Still got that residual anxiety and that was ages ago now. Hope that dissipates soon.

Right, better go and see what needs doing. Tea in the pot for them as wants it. Mr Snoop will be making coffee soon. I hope.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Enjoy your holiday Rary, we shall await the postcard

Postcards. The biggest faff was finding somewhere that sold stamps abroad and a post box

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All I remember chuckling at the rude postcards on the stands Have a good day

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X