This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

No frost today here so I'll be easily able to dig up some parsnips and JA's I think thats it for the garden today unless I sow more seeds.

Mothhawk I've got a robin just the one he's been on or around the garden since last year not spotted a mate yet.

Enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Got notification from supplier that the asparagus I'm after is in stock. So that's that ordered, along with my last seeds. All go here in the veg patch this year. Planting out the vines and blackcurrant bushes today and then that's it till we go and pick up the pomegranate and a few other items.

Busyish day today but pretty well under control. The smiles were pleased to hear that, but a bit taken aback at the cloudy skies even though I'd warned them. 'Muddy rain' forecast for much of Spain over the next few days but next to nothing here. Anyway, the smiles shot off as they didn't fancy turning up at your places covered in dirt.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.
        I've got the kettle on. Anyone fancy another cuppa?

Snoop, I'm thinking that in a few years from now you'll never have to buy fruit again. Lovely to be able to supply all your own needs that way.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all,it makes no difference what the smiles look like Snoop,as long as they are in good health ,it sounds like you have worked hard getting them fruits in,well done you.Just got a coffee thanks MH,then it's of in the garden again,hope it stays nice as it looks ,it is nice hearing about the wild life coming into their own again,the start of a new season,have a good day all,and Bgood2yourselves
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Busy morning as I got a last minute call to look after my grandson for a few hours.
            Getting ready now to go pitch and putting.
            Mild with 10 degs but a strong wind.

Well done Snoop on all the planting you have done, like Mothhawk says, you wont have to buy any fruit in a few years.
            The smiles arrived ages ago,lHave a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning everybody. I slept like a log last night. I didn't even remember Mr GF getting up at 7am until he reminded me we had a conversation. My contribution was mainly grunts of "too dark", "too early" however.

It's grey, breezy and rainy here, 7°C. I'm just waiting for the results of our lateral flow tests as we are going care home visiting this afternoon.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 12-02-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Now that you have have had a bit of practice and have now got some experience Snoop, you can come over and apply your knowledge to planting out for me, bed and board provided.

At a small cost ofcourse
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                  Now that you have have had a bit of practice and have now got some experience Snoop, you can come over and apply your knowledge to planting out for me, bed and board provided.

At a small cost ofcourse
                  When you mentioned the small cost I was just thinking that you Scottish men maybe suffer from "Yorkshireman syndrome" - short arms and long pockets when it suddenly occurred to me to wonder if kilts have pockets🤔

Comment

• Good afternoon, weather wise it's been cold and showers today, after taking the dog out this morning and getting soaked, my son phoned to see if I would take him to collect a couple of mirror doors, though his car is bigger than mine it doesn't have the same room in it and ofcourse once we picked them up he said he very likely could have fitter them in to his car which would have been a lot cheaper as he has an electric car, shades of his mother in him I think​​​​​​, I have been 0laying about with my new fire to find out how it's working, so far so good, now have somewhere to go at night rather than watch or listening to the TV, I have seen references to birthdays it's OHs in a 3 or 4 days, time and she doesn't want what I was going to give her, so now at a complete loss with what to get her, I had been thinking of taking her out for a meal, but she doesn't want to risk that and there is nothing that she needs, which I suppose is understandable, after all she has me so open to suggestions, guns and ropes not allowed, need to go as oldest grandson is coming for a visit, not sure if it's to see us or the dog, got a feeling it's the latte. Keep well and safe and keep smiling
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Afternoon All Raining here. Still no kitchen Snoop, I'm beginning to think it may never be done. Have a good evening All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Rary if MrsR doesn’t feel comfortable going out for a meal out you could order takeout or cook a special meal at home. Not sure what else to suggest.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren but I have been doing all the cooking for the past four months and have tried a lot of different recipes, so she has sampled all my culinary skills, my speciality being of course toast and bean's
                          ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

When you mentioned the small cost I was just thinking that you Scottish men maybe suffer from "Yorkshireman syndrome" - short arms and long pockets when it suddenly occurred to me to wonder if kilts have pockets🤔
                            What would I need pockets for, I have nothing to put in them

Comment

• Falling stars Rary? Good Morning All. Raining again here. Have a lovely Sunday All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. We went care home visiting yesterday afternoon which was going well until the elderly lady kept asking how our new baby is. (A baby at our age would be a world first.) It makes me wonder what happens in the human brain to make it short circuit.

It is pouring with rain again here but a bit warmer at 9°C.

Flo I'm crossing my fingers that you get your new kitchen soon. It seems to be dragging on for ever.

As I can't really see any joy in going out in this weather, which is supposedly set in for the day, I think I'll make some three fruit marmalade (orange, lemon and grapefruit).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X