This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooo Lottie!…a new polytunnel ! How absolutely fantastic

Looks like my last day with our son won’t be spent on a campervan adventure, but chipping off kitchen tiles! Ha ha!….home from home eh?

I’m starting to feel I was never meant to have a life of leisure!. Although I must admit that it’s a wonderful feeling to be able to help out in the more difficult day to day challenges.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, have been a bit busy the past couple of days, but when I came on just now I discovered that the post I had thought I had made on Sunday didn't post, my son and his family came in just as I was finishing it and I never checked to see it came up, a point to remember in future, though the next time it happens I will say the same yesterday I spent most of the day making up a presentation for the garden club, I really need to try typing a bit faster, today some shopping and getting stuff for the club, then this evening was the club night, where there was a presentation about the steelworks that used to be here, I know not gardening, but the February meeting is always about reminiscences and 17 members turned up, then stayed a bit later talking about it, so went well, now need to start thinking about next year's programme, might seem a bit early to be considering that, but really need to start planning early, we'll have a good, safe day tomorrow and smile
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Quite a shock to the system to get up at this hour. Seems mild and it's not raining. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Still well into the minuses at night here but another bright day. Looks like the anticyclone will break at the weekend. The forecasts show cold nights and cloudy days but only a teaspoon of rain. Can't remember when it last rained. Had a look down the well the other day. There's still some water in there, but not much. Looks like it's going to be another of those years where I fret about whether there's enough water to match my aspirations.

Busy day again today. But I'm keeping up with things, so that's good. Assorted peach trees to go in today as well. Oh, and a social call from the digger man later on. Always nice to see him, but I don't think he'll be too pleased when he sees the mess the dogs have made, charging up and down my expanded veg patch that he ploughed and left as flat as a carpet. I was hoping not to have to fence it in, but looks like it might be necessary after all.

Good luck with the polytunnel, lottie dolly. I'd be as impatient as a five-year-old before Christmas if I had one of those waiting to go up. Lots of good times ahead for you in there. The smiles say they'll make a special delivery to see you and join in the fun.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Good new about your polytunnel Lottie your head must be full of sowing/planting plans exciting times.

Its going to be fine here today so I'll be mostly outdoors or in the GH that does need sorting out especially the lettuce buckets.

best get on enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. 7°C here, with enough blue to make a pair of baby's britches. No tossing and turning, six hours of solid sleep😴😊. Later today I think a grory hop. The fridge is looking decidedly empty.

Yesterday's birthday boy loved his shirt. I don't often buy clothes for older people but due to side effects of some tablets a lot of his don't fit. He tried this on immediately and it fitted. I spent an hour or so with him and moved some furniture round for him.

I've still to get the 95 year old something. We're going to his party on Friday afternoon.

I also want to book a care home visit for Saturday (a supposedly rainy day according to the forecast).

I'm seriously thinking of starting some seeds off soon. If I start them too early on the windowsills I either kill them when they get to about six inches tall ar they end up far too leggy. The cooler windowsills have got potatoes chitting on them at the moment. I think I might try some peppers and aubergines soon though. My old window cleaner, retired now, used to laugh about how the contents of my windowsills changed throughout the year. Everything from chitting potatoes, seedlings, ripening tomatoes, onions drying etc.

This reminds me, I need some compost and to bring some little pots home from the boggy allotment.

Time for another dose of caffeine now. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,snoop,them smiles are just the best thank you,good luck with the new veg patch,a fence sounds good,if it will work,and yes,i do have planes for the poly my friends ,is good i got a large conservatory space as well,will not be long before some pricking out,and nurturing of the seeds/tiny plants i have sown,
                That is nice about the birthday boys GF,
                Nicos that is lovely to be able to help,think of it as holiday excersice,each tile another few calories gone hehehe,on that note,food is calling,have a good day and Bgood2yourselves
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Dry and bright with a 7deg temp.
                  I am going to sow my sweetpeas seeds today,
                  Then I need to do a tidy up of the greenhouse.
                  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
                  GF , glad your gift went down a treat.
                  Lottie, enjoy your new greenhouse.
                  Snoop, more tres planting but it will be worth the effort.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    * shakes plaster dust and rubble off clothing/ hair etc before sitting down.

I’ve decided to pop into a garden centre before going back home. Obviously nothing for me but it’ll be good to give a few plant/ seed gifts to the family. Garden centres are deffo a thing I miss - along with pubs

Yesterday I saw something I’d not seen for years.
                    I heard horses hooves clopping away on the road so I looked out of the window. Rag and bone man perhaps?
                    Nope.
                    Son lives near a cemetery/ crematorium and yes…it was a hearse drawn by two magnificent black horses with pink plumes. Even though it’s apparently a frequent occurrence here , everyone just stopped and watched them. Stunning animals prancing on the spot At the road junction…and strangely very respectful for the poor person whose funeral it was. Sad to see tbh , but also very uplifting at the same time.

Right, best get this brew on…help yourselves peeps!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good day so far. Care home visit booked for Saturday. Friday's birthday boy has rung to double check that we are going to his party. We are.

I've done the grory hop. I don't usually buy gadgets, particularly for the kitchen, but while zapping around Al*i I noticed a "twin pie maker" for £9.99 and for some reason it jumped into my trolley. Just been reading the reviews online and if it works as well for me and cooks pies in 8 minutes, as it seems to for others I will be really happy. I can't wait to try it. Mr GF is practically drooling at the thought and suggesting fillings, both sweet and savoury.

Comment

• Afternoon, it's soon dropped cool now the suns gone in, before that its been a tropical 22c in my GH. Lettuce buckets sorted and borders weeded.

enjoy your evening.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                          No wind this morning, and feels mild. Got a grory hop later, then I'll have a bit of a tidy up in the garden. The blackbird's been busy chucking newly spread compost all over the path, and I need to raise up some stepping stones a bit. I may get a bag of sand while I'm out, to put under them.
                          Have a good day all.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning. Cold and clear at the moment, 3°C, but forecast to be very windy and warming up to 7°C later. Spring still feels a long way away. I can't go out until the heating engineer has been, sometime this morning hopefully.

Mothawk I seem to have loads of blackbirds here too. Whenever I look outside they seem to be running around busily. At this time of year they make me smile, but I'm sure they've already marked out my cherry trees for future devastation and a Summertime treat.

Comment

• Morning all.

A really cold night last night. And still in the minuses now (nearly 10 am). Hunters across the valley too. So no incentive to go outside just yet.

Today is apple tree planting day. We've been discussing (I hesitate to say arguing but...) whether and how the vines should be supported, so I shall open a thread on that.

Other than that, more of the usual work.

The smiles were very brave this morning and went out despite the hunters. They didn't half hurry out in a bid to get away sharpish. Were probably with you well before I'd finished my first cup of tea. Time for coffee now. Anyone fancy a cup?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Wow, boilerman been and done his job already, so the day is now mine. Mr GF is now happily making his breakfast.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X