Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning the garden did look pretty and sparkly earlier especially the GH thats the only good point to frost,

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    I must buy a couple of birthday presents today, both for elderly men, one 80 and one 95 this week. I am struggling for ideas; neither of them are gardeners or drinkers and I already supply them with jams and chutneys etc. Any ideas welcome.
    They probably have most things the need so it does get difficult here's a few things I can think of.
    Lap tray,
    Fleece blanket
    bird feeder
    a selection of teas
    new pen

hope this helps
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-02-2022, 09:49 AM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Brilliant, mothhawk.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Breezy but 10 degs here.
        The vapour trails are back in the sky here as well.
        All signs of getting back to some kind of normality I hope.

Very hard to buy gifts for older peeps who usually have all they need at this stage of their lives.

How about book tokens if they are readers and a nice fleece rug to wrap up in while reading.
        I love to get book tokens as I get so much pleasure of choosing a book already paid for.

Snoop, I hope you get the rest of your fruit trees planted today.
        Enjoy the day akl.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Chilly here too, but blue skies. I buy my 92year old MIL a box of greeting cards/notelets and some stamps and she likes word search books
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Lots of gift ideas I do like the Hat and notelet/stamps

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Quick nip in.

Not been to see my granddaughter yet - later this week lottie.

Nice birthday gifts already suggested.
              I like to give practical gifts too. I was looking at a selection of wax wrapped cheeses to send as a thank you gift the other week.
              Depending on how much you want to pay… ( you could order a box of 6 and split them two or three ways?)
              https://www.cheshirecheesecompany.co...avers.html?p=2

Plug in night light for the landing and some chocolate
              An electric heat pack for use in a chair if they have aches and pains
              A small kettle with a fun mug or two?
              Thermal vest and a selection of coffee/ tea

Just a few thoughts.

Right…quick grory hop…
              Keep warm and safe peeps!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all,not been outside yet,i need to get my carcus out to the shops,i need more seeds now am waking up ,so could have a look in the local garden centre,not been yet,it is well within walking,even if i just choke on the prices and go elsewere,i will have been and seen,i find it difficult to get myself out the door on my own,but ok once am out and upon return,sounds stupid eh,
                Snoop i do not envy your tree planting,your very brave,wishing you good luck,thanks for the smiles,some nice inexpensive gift ideas peeps,another one is,make a small afternoon tea tray,sanies,cakes,favourite tiple ext,and share it with them and whoever else,the company would am sure be most aprpetiated,to me it would mean more than a gift,as i would feel realy thought about ,awe Nicos it will be so nice to have them cuddles again with her,have a lovely day stay safe and Bgood2yourselves
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly night last night but bright blue again this morning. There are dogs up the valley, so hope it's just a farmer out with his mutt rather than hunters.

Another busy day ahead. Work and yet more trees. It's taking longer than I thought. Yesterday's session was useful though. Six cherry trees in and a review of the holes I decided I wasn't going to use. In fact, they're in decent sunshine for quite a bit of the day. But would be very cold in winter. Anyone got any views on very hardy trees that would survive?

There was a fair amount of giggling in the smiles' bag last night. Not sure why. Whatever it was, they were in a very jolly mood when they set off this morning.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning. A lousy night's sleep but never mind.

Iit's the 80 year old man's birthday today. I ended up buying him a shirt I think he'll like and I'm going to invite him for a meal with us at the weekend, or another day of his choosing, including fetching him and taking him home afterwards. I'm going to visit him with his present later today.

It's quite a lot warmer today but damp, with rain forecast later. The wind must be more or less westerly as I can just hear the motorway traffic in the distance.

I think a trip to a garden centre is on the cards for later
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 08-02-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Dull, grey and drizzling rain here.
                      No plans for the day but hope to get out for a walk.
                      A visit to the post office and donestics is exciting as it gets.
                      Have a good day all.
                      Hope your friend has a happy birthday GF.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,over cast but dry,my poly tunnel is coming around lunch today,earlier than first said ,happy birthday to that young man GF,
                        Went local garden centre,not much of anything,am surprised it has that status and not just shop,maybe have a look in good old wilko's later on,weather depending,fancy some strawberry plants ,and need seeds ,all i need now are some firm plans as to,what is going where,my new ground tends to be on the wetter side,Bgood2yourselves
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. Goodness it's much milder again today - 12C, there's a lot of dark cloud but it doesn't feel like it's going to rain. I potted up my chitted sweet peas yesterday, and today I've put them outside under a cloche with some others that have been out since December.

My two local GC's are the same, LD, gardening stuff seems to get pushed further and further to the edges as the main space fills up with stands of gifts and cards and fancy jams and biscuits, and clothes. there aren't half the racks of seeds that there used to be. I used to love browsing the seeds, but now get most online where there is a better choice.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just been running up and down the driveway trying to catch the attention of a delivery driver…. 2 new batteries for the campervan.
                            They must have driven past about 4 times
                            Brought back memories of trying to be served at a bar…I really must blend in well with the surroundings
                            It turns out that these are the 2 original batteries from when the Toyota was imported into the uk back in 2007. That’s not a bad life for them is it?

Much warmer here in Yorkshire today too - I plan to do some weeding later.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

I've spent the morning baking and batch making soup had some for lunch the rests in the freezer. Afternoon plans are gardening and maybe a stroll.

Our nearest GC's seem to be a place you go for afternoon tea.. We do have a nursery that's good otherwise I use the Corn merchant they have a good selection of seeds and other garden products.

Comment

• Evening all,got my poly,now got to wait until it can get put up,i want it done now ,hehehe,hope it not to long before son comes,then the game of shuffle things about,to make way,it will tack time but,hey ho ,Bren never thought of them,there is a place near me,if the prices are owt like the chicken food,then it will be on line job,
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 08-02-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X