This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its wet and windy here today.

Not a good start to your trip Nicos hope it goes better from now on, already have my bacon and oatcakes thanks along with mushrooms and an egg very nice aren't they.
    I don't think calories count when your on Holls

Good luck with your planting Snoop

enjoy your day..
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• What a saga of a journey, Nicos. How did the windscreen smash?

Love Saxon and Norman churches. Sound like the journey through the UK was a holiday in itself.

Pass on the bacon butty, though. Just had Heinz beans on toast for breakfast. What a treat! Not as good as Bakewell pudding, mind.

Comment

• Morning all

Another fan of raspberries here but for some reason I am struggling to grow them well on my plot? On my old plot they grew like weeds.
        Bitter cold,windy and raining here this morning so not particularily looking forward to walking Kato this morning, but needs must.
        Prepared Sunday dinner last night so only need to cook veg. Brisket is in oven now and by the time its ready to serve it will have had 3 3/4 hours cooking so should be cooked enough. Served with tiny potatoes,carrots, petit pois peas,french beans,Haricot beans I have soaking and brocolli, I can't wait. I may even make some yotkies!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Sunny and breezy but scattsfex showers forecast.

Snadgar, dinner sounds very nice.

Nicos, what an adventure, goethe restof your trip is drama free.

Good luck with yourtreplanting today Snoop, it will be a real achievement when it's done.

All quiet here, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Dammit, I didn't get out quick enough with Kato and it is blizzarding snow now! Yuk! Just lit the woodburner to get warm and dry when we come back in!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• When I got up a couple of hours ago, it was raining/sleeting and looked so miserable. The sun has now appeared but everything is dripping. I think the forecast is for showers, strong wind and a maximum of 7°C.

I had to giggle earlier watching Mr GF struggling to put on a pair of fleece trousers. About six times he tried to get both legs into one leg hole. I'm glad he didn't succeed or he'd probably be attempting to do an impression of a pogo stick now.

I am contemplating going up to the garden centre to their potato weekend later although common sense says no, I've already got plenty. It might depend on the weather, the garden centre is on the edge of the moor and is in a high windswept location.

Back again, just been on the phone to my sister for an hour. The weather has changed so fast. Driving rain now.

Off to get some prawns out of the freezer next. It may end up as a pyjama day.

Comment

• Snoop -
                the window already had a crack in it , but not bad enough to fail it’s MOT.
                One more stone hit nearby just made it much bigger
                Its still driveable though which is at least a positive.

It certainly feels like it should be a PJ day. Pity really as I wanted to do some weeding to help out.

Right…best crack on with domestics instead to help out.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all,Geez Nicos,hope thats it out the way now,hope the little one liked the bunnies,Snoop you sure have your work cut out,and Snadger SNOW ,son just come,doing a bit of garden tidy up,some seeds passed on,any how,have a good day all,and stay safe,

That made me laugh GF,an accident averted ,
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 06-02-2022, 12:01 PM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon its still wet and windy here luckily no snow just a bit of sleet. nothing doing in the garden today I've only been as far as the GH for a few herbs.

Im enjoying a raspberry jam sandwich just now for lunch.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Still a pyjama day but I have been soaking and scrubbing seed trays/gravel trays for a couple of hours ready for eventually planting seeds on my windowsills. It's still horrible weather but somewhere in the back of my mind I was daydreaming about this years seedlings. Still more seed trays to clean when these are drained. Maybe I'll be more organised this year.....oooh, was that a flying pig?

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        Just one shower here but the breeze is so cold.
                        Son called with baby grandson.
                        Eldest grandson came for lunch.
                        Got nothing done butit was lovely to have the company.
                        Stay warm alo and enjoy the evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

I think yesterday's wet and windy has turned to calm and icy overnight. Still too dark to be sure, but it looks like here's a gleam of ice on the road and the car windscreen.

Best make a pot of tea and wait for the sun to show itself.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning. All the roofs and cars are white and frozen here too. Hardly a cloud in the sky which has a golden glow and a couple of very high vapour trails, (still quite a rare event since covid).

I'm glad your camper is still drivable, Nicos. (Predictive text kept insisting it was drinkable for some reason). I hope you are enjoying your trip, despite mishaps. Diets and holidays should never be uttered in the same sentence.

I must buy a couple of birthday presents today, both for elderly men, one 80 and one 95 this week. I am struggling for ideas; neither of them are gardeners or drinkers and I already supply them with jams and chutneys etc. Any ideas welcome.

Comment

• Morning all.

Got a really busy day today. Work and more tree planting. It's proving to be a bigger job than I thought. Poor Mr Snoop...

I'm hopeless at present buying, GF. But I reckon your principle of consumables is a good one. If they're mobile, a trip out for lunch or tea? Is something like that feasible in these Covid times? Must be awful being very elderly. Bad enough ordinarily but even worse now.

The vapour trails are increasing in number here. Still not as many as before, but looks like more people are on the move.

We were looking at our water bill today for the house in town earlier. Unbelievably, Mr Snoop said out of the blue of the house: "What can we do with all the electricity there? Buy another freezer?" That perked the smiles up no end and off they shot before he could change the subject.

Right, better get the show on the road. Mr Snoop has gone out with the dogs and will be making coffee on his return. I'd better look like I'd done some work in his absence... Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• What about a cap?

Click image for larger version

Name:	cap.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	2540885

https://www.zazzle.co.uk/95th_birthd...90163067518016
                                Attached Files
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X