Horse muck and new(ish) trailer.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse muck and new(ish) trailer.

Just bought myself a small box trailer. Wife can't understand why!
    Idea is to get a load of free horse muck for my raised beds.
    Trailer was £75, do you think that was cheap??
    Bottom is new wood that's been ship varnished, will add another coat.
    Side needed paint so got some creosote from Wickes, probably not the real stuff as EU stuffed that one.
    So it's protected and also smells great.

I have 4 compost daleks. For a while I have been using one for kitchen waste. I keep adding stuff and it keeps eating it. Wondered where it was all going.
    I emptied it and the top foot was unrotted but the rest was full of lovely compost. Bagged it up and shovel back the unrotted stuff, made sure my little worms went back in.
    Want the get 3 bins empty for my manure run.

Any other manure tails ??

Jimmy
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Jimmy a trailers always handy and your was a good price they're handy to have especially for taking stuff to the local recycling centre when you've had a clear out.

Composting has always fascinated its like getting free compost out of things others just chuck away.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

good Price Jimmy. ROund here they go for around £1`00 for a 4ft x 3ft trailer. You can still getproper Creosote but itsnot available for the 'amateur' market ... try your local Cattle sales place you should be able to pick up a 5 gallon drum of it.

I know its a pain in the ass but If I was you I would pick your manure up in bags (old compost bags are good)
      • It make the handling easier and it means you won't have to clean the trailer out
      • Your wife won't be impressed with a stinky trailer,
      • and also you might want to use the trailer for other duties that won't helped with horse poop everywhere
      Composting is verging on black magic
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

We line our trailer with the thick blue plastic builders use.
        It’s easy to drag out too with the last bit of manure ( or whatever) instead of repeatedly scraping ( and potentially damaging) the base of the trailer.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yes thick blue plastic.
          Used to go camping with the kids in a huge tent. Wow that was years ago.
          We used a big sheet of blue plastic as a ground sheet.
          I think it's still in the garage. Will dig it out and see if it's OK. Plastic sometimes degrades but as it was building stuff maybe not. We will see.
          Thanks Jimmy
          Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X