X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West with Giraffes
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Just finished reading Dame Stephanie Shirley.

Let It Go.
      She employed ladies who worked from home in the start up software industry.
      ​​​​​​​When she made her fortune she gave it away to charity.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Girl A, ( actually just finished)

just started Shuggie Bain

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
          Just finished reading Dame Stephanie Shirley.

Let It Go.
          She employed ladies who worked from home in the start up software industry.
          When she made her fortune she gave it away to charity.
          That looks a fascinating read, Bramble. I went straight to my library Borrowbox and downloaded it to read
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

That looks a fascinating read, Bramble. I went straight to my library Borrowbox and downloaded it to read
            I hope you enjoy it Mohhwk,She was a great lady a very shrewd brain. Way ahead of her time.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I am currently reading a book by Alex Smith called Sweet Briar Rose
              Carrie

Comment

The book I'm reading is titled How to Read a Book. Anyone else remember the series of interviews of Mortimer J. Adler? I think Bill Moyers was the interviewer. Adler was an absolute genius!

Click image for larger version

Name:	51EG8AyJiQL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	2539449
                Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Hi All,
                  Sad to say but with the Crimbo period finishing then my B'day I never did much reading but I am now making up for it.

I am 10 chapters into a light relief book ( Harry And The Hendersons by Joyce Thompson),

A tie-in to a movie from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment (Speilberg et al). An unusual and havoc-wreaking housepet named Harry joins the Henderson family household. Just as Harry and the Hendersons come to love each other, the neighbors decide Harry's a monster and must meet his demise. Sounds like wild and wacky family entertainment.

I watched this film years ago with my daughter and thought it was quite amusing especially with the comedic talents that John Lithgow played.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	51PyWGtFziL.SX316.SY480._SL500_.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2541037

Geoff.

Comment

At the moment I'm reading Chris Atkins book, A bit of a stretch.
                    It chronicles his story of the time he spent in Wandsworth prison.
                    It was a real eye opener into the inner workings of the system.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Just finished The Beekeeper Of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri - a story about the flight of refugees from Syria to Europe caused by the civil war.
                      Now started The Salt Path by Raynor Winn - True story about a middle aged couple who lose their home and walk the South West Coast Path.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                        Now started The Salt Path by Raynor Winn - True story about a middle aged couple who lose their home and walk the South West Coast Path.
                        I've read that - it's an amazing story, and humbling too in many ways.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

I've just started reading Cherry. A Life of Apsley Cherry-Garrard by Sara Wheeler. He was a member of Scott's expedition.

Hoping reading this will get me back into reading. I've dropped most fiction I've picked up recently.

Comment

Hi All, About to start Vengeance In Venice by Philip Gwynne Jones.

Synopsis:- An invitation to an exclusive event during the Venetian Biennale gives Honorary Consul Nathan Sutherland the perfect chance to drink prosecco in the sunshine and meet some of the greats of the art world.

And then a world-famous critic is decapitated by one of the installations in the British Pavilion. A terrible accident, it seems, until a postcard is discovered in the victim's pocket: an image of Judith beheading Holofernes.

But this is not just a one-off. Before long, three more postcards have been sent out with deadly results. As the bodies pile up, Nathan finds himself getting closer and closer to the truth, but when he himself receives an image of Death bearing a scythe, it becomes a race against time to save his own life . . (Courtesy of Google Books).

Geoff.
                            Last edited by 1batfastard; 24-06-2023, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Afternoon all , just finished The Salt Path by Raynor Wynn and starting Wild Silence , the sequel .
                              Had them both for Crimbo and thoroughly enjoyed The S. P. , very life affirming.

Comment

I'm reading The Salt Path too and sometimes put it on audible so I can knit or do a jigsaw
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X