What book you reading ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What book you reading ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	81E-zNhE8AL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	549.2 KB ID:	2532930

Hi All,
    Well what book are you reading ? At the moment I am on the last chapter of Clive Cussler's - Mediterranean Caper (Dirk Pitt series). I do recommend you read Pacific Vortex as this is really the first in the DP novel series although published after MC, part of the PV plot is even referenced in the MC book.

On an isolated Greek island, a World War I fighter plane attacks a modern U.S. Air Force base--a mysterious saboteur preys on an American scientific expedition--and Dirk Pitt plays a deadly game of hunter and hunted with the elusive head of an international smuggling ring. (Courtesy - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...erranean_Caper ),

IMPO Clive Cussler writes some of the best page turner books going in his genre.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 10-09-2021, 03:10 PM.

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post

IMPO Clive Cussler writes some of the best page turner books going in his genre.

Geoff.
    Wrote.
    He died last year.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Hi All,
      Hawkmoth - Thanks for the info I never realised you could say I am a recent convert to Clive Cussler genre books, but what I have read I have thoroughly enjoyed in particular the Dirk Pitt character very James Bondish feel with this guy I feel...

My next book that I have just started is Sword Of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski. This is the second book in his Witcher collection, if you like your Fantasy/Sci-Fi as I do then you should like these books and will set you up perfectly to view the adapted for TV series. The Witcher starring Henry Cavill - (Superman) in the lead roll of which the 1st season has already aired on Netflix recently and I await the 2nd with anticipation.

Geralt is a witcher, a man whose magic powers, enhanced by long training and a mysterious elixir, have made him a brilliant fighter and a merciless assassin. Yet he is no ordinary murderer: his targets are the multifarious monsters and vile fiends that ravage the land and attack the innocent. He roams the country seeking assignments, but gradually comes to realise that while some of his quarry are unremittingly vile, vicious grotesques, others are the victims of sin, evil or simple naivety.

In this collection of short stories, following the adventures of the hit collection The Last Wish, join Geralt as he battles monsters, demons and prejudices alike . . .

Click image for larger version  Name:	9781473211544-uk.jpg Views:	11 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	2532923

Geoff.
      Last edited by 1batfastard; 11-09-2021, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I’ve been trying to read a couple of Elmore Leonard books as OH raves about them.
        Nope - not for me - far too gritty for my taste
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Just finished reading The Holiday by T. M. Logan.
          Found it very enjoyable.
          I try not to read murder books, they just dont appeal me.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I'm reading Raymond Blanc's "Kitchen Secrets". Got it second hand for a fiver off amaz0n. Brilliant chef and he seems such a nice person too.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

I’ve moved onto some of the Lindsey Davis ‘Falco ‘ series.
              He’s basically an Ancient Roman detective.
              Very lighthearted and lovely descriptions of Ancient Roman life in Italy, Greece, Britain…wherever his investigations take him.

Comment

I've just finished "The Sentinel" by Lee Child and Andrew Child. It was good but definitely not the best Lee Child book I've read.

I've already decided what I'm reading next. It's a book I've read before, about 40 years ago and is the only book I've ever read that made me laugh out loud. "The Throwback" by Tom Sharpe. I'm sure that I'll have forgotten 99% of it.

Comment

Hi All,
                  Wow! certainly a varied mix of reading from budding chef's to making people laugh, just how it should be reading what you want when you want most of all enjoying doing it.

greenishfing - You reminded me of my mother reading James Heriots - All creatures great and small when I was at school in the 70's, sitting in her armchair in front of the cabinet giggling away thank you!....

Geoff.

Comment

Just about to start Scottish author Denzil Meyrick’s latest book ‘For Any Other Truth’ Book 9 in a series of books about a detective set in Kinloch which is actually Campbeltown.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't read many fiction books - usually on holibobs I go thru one but im currently dipping in and out of some of my gardening books that said I listen audiobooks most nights though when I go to bed ...
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

Hi All,
                        One chapter into the Freddie Starr Unwrapped autobiography, so far so good...

With 40 years in showbusiness under his belt, Freddie Starr's autobiography is full of humorous stories about his exploits both on and off stage, and his encounters with some of the biggest stars of the 20th century - from John Lennon to Elvis Presley and Dean Martin. But there's also a dark side to the story of Freddie's rise to success - starting with his tough childhood in post-war Liverpool. A father who would think nothing of challenging a workmate to a no-holds-barred bare-knuckle fight in his lunch hour. An elder brother who bullied him. A psychosomatic illness that struck him when he was only six years of age, robbing him of the power of speech and sending him to the only place he could be cured - a children's home miles away from his family, where he spent two long years learning to talk again. The violent people he hung around with in his teenage years in the Liverpool clubs, in particular his employer and mentor. The young blonde singer who broke into her own house just to attract his attention! In this book, Freddie reveals the truth about his broken marriages, his "overnight" success at the Royal Variety Performance in 1970, the occasional court case, the show biz scandals and what really happened to that poor defenceless hamster. (Courtesy of Amazon).
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	41HJN0RYZTL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	2534933

Geoff.
                        Last edited by 1batfastard; 15-10-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I'm one chapter into John Cooper Clarke's autobiography, "I Wanna Be Yours". He writes beautifully, I hope the rest of the book is just as entertaining.
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I enjoy Conn Iggulden novels, have read all The Emperor and The Conqueror series and now starting the Athenian series, also have his Dunstan novel but for some reason I just can't get into it. I am also reading again the Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time novels
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Earth is Room Enough by Isaac Asimov

15 Short sci-Fi stories published in 1957
                              Absolutely brill especially seeing as this was written about the future nearly 65 years ago!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X