I bet it doesn't mean cheaper seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet it doesn't mean cheaper seeds

One of Britain's oldest mail order plant and seed companies could be about to change hands for up to £200m (msn.com)
    Call me mr cynical, but when companies get taken over by investors, then prices invariably go up.

If they put their prices up by much, they'll price themselves out of the market. They're already quite expensive. Or used to be. I haven't looked at their website in a while.

Comment

I must say I don’t care much for them.Overpriced and very questionable quality.

I had several germination failures from their seed. They didn’t reply to my complaint that I had a germination rate of about 5% of their beetroot. About a year later they admitted on fb that sometimes quality gets sacrificed for quantity.

Last year they bought Suttons which I bought from several times- seeds and live plants. This year I got my plants- half of them dead and a slug in one packet.Got partial refund after slating them on Trustpilot.

Very much hit and miss but not worth risking for the price they want.

Comment

if you look at the main seed companie I think most of them are owned by the same venture capital outfit so you don't get choice really. Its a cartel really.

ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X