where are this months seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are this months seeds

In February I signed up to GYO magazine with a promise of 'Up to 10 packs of seeds with every issue'
    This months mag just arrived with no seeds.

OK, I get 'Up to', but I didn't expect 'Up to' to be none.

Is this the norm for the magaizine ?

I've not received my copy of this month's yet but usually there are a good range of seeds with each issue. Last month I received 9 packets, 9 packets the month before, 10 the month before and 10 before that.
    Last edited by Purple Primrose; 24-06-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Correction: the month before last was 6 packets not 9.

Comment

We moderators are at present finding it difficult to get replies from the magazine staff, this could be because of people working from home, not sure. I would suggest contacting the magazine directly quoting your subscription number and see what reply you get. I will send a message to the admin team, but the last one got no reply, sorry, but can't promise anything results wise.

Comment

I've had a reply this morning... see below

Thank you for your email.
          Our editorial team have recently made some changes to the magazine.
          One of these changes means that you will no longer be sent the same packets of seeds, but instead subscribers will be sent a variety of different gifts with their monthly magazine.

This months magazine had an invitation to join a lottery syndicate, so this months gift isn't even garden related.
          That went straight in the bin.
          I've asked them to cancel my subscription going forward.
          Last edited by keat63; 25-06-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Apparently this change was notified in an email a few weeks ago.
            I didnt see this.... anyone else ?

I'm somewhat dissapointed to be honest.
            The seeds opened up a whole new avenue of crops i'd never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by keat63 View Post
              Apparently this change was notified in an email a few weeks ago.
              I didnt see this.... anyone else ?

I'm somewhat dissapointed to be honest.
              The seeds opened up a whole new avenue of crops i'd never heard of.
              No I didn't know about any changes and I tend to agree re the free seeds, I can see a lot of subscribers letting the mag go and find an alternative one, seems to me the mag is going to be going digital in the future, I think the facebook/twitter generation is taking over, admin are certainly showing no interest in the forum, just using it as a vehicle for advertisers.

Comment

Mine arrived this morning, very disappointed to find no seeds, but an ‘extra gardening mag’?

The lottery thing I also, threw in the bin!

Shame, think I’ll be cancelling my subscription unfortunately.

Comment

It’s not looking good when subscribers were tempted with the mag due to the seeds, there’s going to be lots of disappointed people.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I rang up the free lottery numbers, they want to know your address, phone number, email and inside leg measurement(I might have exaggerated a bit there)
                    Needless to say I will no doubt find those details sold to goodness knows who and will no doubt get loads of spam mail and email and telesales ringing up, I very much doubt I will win anything, oh and they hit your with a tele sales pitch to try and get you to pay for extra lines in a syndicate, no thanks was the reply.

Comment

I already figured that it was a means to get more out of you, that's why mine went straight in the bin.
                      when I initially opened the envelope I expected it to be a £75 wine voucher.

Comment

The email did not state they were stopping offering the seeds. It talked about brand offers. As if they were additional. Very misleading see attached photo of email. I cancelled my subscription as I was only interested in seeds. Such a shame as I looked forward to trying new varieties. I wonder if any of the editorial staff know what gardening is. An additional gardening booklet and lottery ticket??

Comment

The additional "your easy veg garden" supplement is actually not bad, not free seeds, but alright.

Comment

"This months magazine had an invitation to join a lottery syndicate, so this months gift isn't even garden related.
                            That went straight in the bin."

My magazine hasn't arrived yet but hearing that there won't be any seeds with it is very disappointing. I have no interest in joining any lottery. Seeds are always useful and it's like getting a bunch of little surprise presents each month. The minute chance of winning something in a lottery is just not worth bothering with.

That email didn't give any indication that the seeds were stopping, just that there were going to be some other offers, i.e. more adverts trying to get people to spend more money.

I think there will likely be a lot of people who cancel their subscriptions.

Comment

Shame they couldn’t have just reduced the number of packets of seeds, to say 6 a month instead of 10!

If I wanted a lottery ticket, I’d buy one.

So sadly I will be cancelling my subscription

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X