X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning it looks like being another sunny day here

We've got a Robbin that's been hanging around the garden for a couple of weeks it follows us around usually especially when I'm picking beans and raspberries its always underfoot. It takes worms/spiders from the compost lids when we hold them out we've not had a Robbin getting this close to us for a long time.

Enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning, all.

Yes, Mr Bones, Spain is a massive country. It isn't all wall-to-wall sunshine, like on the costas. And look at Nico's climate too on the first frosts thread.

So, today. Been out and walked the dogs and Frankie. Now having a brief break before going out to water and then I'd better be hard at work at the computer.

Picked our first figs yesterday. A good two weeks earlier than usual. Lovely and jammy. Loads more to come and lots of trees around so I can get some good big ones for the freezer after all the rain.

Better get on with things. The smiles got a bit distracted by some bee eaters this morning and left us partway through the walk. I hope they remember to head north rather than south.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all

Sunny day for us too yesterday (at last - and the beeb didn't even forecast it). Looks good for today as well. Shame about your aubs Snoop Puss makes me realise what a good growing climate we have.

In bed with a cuppa at the mo
    Happy Mondays, enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    A nice sunny day today, got the grass cut this morning and spent the afternoon just me and the little one as MrsD was out playing with her band.

We're still getting really good bunches of sweet peas. clinging on to summer for just a little while longer!!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    No chocolate in this one, gf. Not sure I'd like a Christmas cake with chocolate in either. Unless it was just a chocolate cake, in which case I'd be happy to eat it any time of year.

As for measuring cups, I use them for some things, but much prefer weighing ingredients. That said, I make Rachel Roddy's yogurt and lemon ciambella for which the yogurt pot is the measure. I'm careful when measuring out the flour and sugar, but I bet the contents vary quite significantly from one cake to another. Always works really well.

Plus, I presume it doesn't entirely matter whether you're using a yogurt pot, NZ cup, UK cup or US cup, as the proportions of the ingredients will stay the same so long as you're not weighing butter, for example. The Rachel Roddy cake uses oil, which makes for far fewer likely problems.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X