Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh…bit of good news- OH came back with the 150€ we were owed.
    Finally
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hurrah Nicos’ other half!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        Hurrah Nicos’ other half!!
        My thoughts exactly Jay!
        When he phoned me to say he was on his way home with all the money , the first thing I asked him was if he still had all his front teeth!

I guess that wish I made on seeing that shooting star I saw last night worked!

Comment

• Morning all

Pinch-a-punch, dark and raining

Nicos well done for OH

Kettle's on ..
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Perfect timing Bones - ta muchly for the brew!

October!!!!…. NearlyXmas

Comment

• Morning all

Glad you got a result with money owed Nicos! Have you got all the wood you need for now then? At a better price I bet!

Taxed my camper today. Was going to stop up to midnight last night to get my moneys worth but from this morning I can get it off the drive (legally) and work on it on the road in front of my house. The road has less of an incline than the drive so the sliding door won't keep banging shut on me. Still not sure whether I am going to make a rock n roll bed or not? As its a 'Camper for one '(and dog) I need to do some measuring to make best use of the limited space.
              Anyway, onward and upward!
              My eldest Son is moving house tomorrow so I have been seconded to assemble some flat pack furniture. That should be fun (NOT) but he has big strong brawny mates to help with the lifting.
              I must confess to being a bit jealous of his new home, in particular the large bi-fold doors from the garden to the kitchen
              Went to Aldi to get curtains and Aubretia advertised in there leaflet yesterday to find they had neither. Went to B&M next and managed to get a similar set of curtains for French Windows cheaper than was advertised at Aldi!

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I love making up flatpack Snadge…Shall I come over and do it and you come over here and help shovel rat sh!t and fibreglass?

We have a pull out slatted bed in the camper with a 15cm memory foam gel cool mattress ( for those heatwave nights we get over here!)
                I’ll try and find a piccie of our slatted bed.
                With a bit of tweaking it might give you more space during the day and a bigger bed at night - I’ve seen piccies of a similar thing, but with the base on hinges so it lifts up for easy access for storage underneath.
                Last edited by Nicos; 01-10-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	8641CF6E-909E-4956-81A4-513C9F945C33.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	2534072Click image for larger version

Name:	E2E53607-AB56-4EE8-A850-C2F599D85F9D.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	2534073

Comment

• Morning all. I need new curtains too. The last straw for my lounge curtains was when "somebody" was scraping all the crispy bits off a dish at the table (next to the window) and somehow sent a glass of red wine into orbit.
                    How can it be October already?
                    Care home visiting again later this morning, birthday present (90th) all wrapped up ready.
                    After yesterday's atrocious weather the sun is shining through the clouds this morning but it is still cold and the heating is on. Maybe a trip to the allotment this afternoon.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 01-10-2021, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Morning and welcome back Bramble.

Its good you got your money Nicos wonder how many others this has happened to?

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Well, I say that but it’s my pillows that I miss the most when I’m away…I’ve got them just as scrunchy and as puffy as I like them.
                      Do other people miss their own pillows or is it the mattress you miss more?
                      Mines the pillow as well, I like an almost flat one so usually I resort to using a folded towel.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,

Busy weekend ahead, need to get the garden ready for the rubbish weather ahead!

Happy Friday all!
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all.

Congrats, Snadger and Nicos and her OH.

In a right rush this morning. Off to the hospital yet again. Nothing urgent and I don't expect anything to come of it. Very boring, but they're looking after me.

Have a great day this, everyone. The smiles went rushing off after the dogs and Frankie with Mr Snoop on their walk and say they'll head off from their most northerly point.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            The sun is shining and its bright and breezy but just 10degs.
                            The dahlias are still in full flower but there are tons of dead heads to be removed.
                            I started my onion setts in modules before I went away and they have made a good bit of growth.
                            Unpacking and laundry are the order of the day.
                            My daughter and g daughter are calling this after noon so I probably wont get to the garden today.

Nicos, your camper is shaping up really well.
                            Glad to hear your OH got your money back for the firewood
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• So you're an old age traveler eh Nicos
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                                So you're an old age traveler eh Nicos
                                Oi you….less of the ‘Old’ if you don’t mind matey!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X