This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^ Good for you Mothawk..
    Rain has held off so far and it's actually quite bright and warm. Been on the lotty all morning, not loads to do so cut a couple of cabbages as gifts for new tenants who are making a go of it but haven't any crops of their own yet and spent plenty of time cultivating my social skills
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• The rain that started here earlier was minimal so we went to the allotment. It's probably less than a mile away as the crow flies (further by road due to having to cross the M1). What a difference. They must have had a cloudburst there, huge puddles, running water, and boggy soil surface.

Comment

• The garden seems to be loving all this mild, rainy weather we seem to be having of late. the only thig that doesn't seems to be the courgette. Hopefully things pick up soon!
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Evening it turned out to be a lovely sunny day here, shorts and t-shirt weather so I've been out and about.

Enjoy your evening.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
            The weather was fabulous here today.
            I have just finished up in the garden deadheading the sweetpeas.
            They smell beautiful.
            Sprayed the dahlias with soapy water to get rid of black fly.
            Have a lovely evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
              Clear, bright and sunny. No breeze and a comfortable 13 degrees. Apart from the dog that's been barking in the distance since 6.00 what's not to like.. (glad it doesn't live any closer.. got to count your blessings eh )

Time for toast, marmalade and a cuppa I think, there's plenty to go round so help yourselves..
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning just back in doors and ready for breakfast, sourdough oatcakes, bacon, eggs and mushrooms.

Fed toms, cucs and courgettes with comfrey earlier and didn't even get any on my crocs this time. at least they're easy enough to wash.

Was cool early on but now the suns on the garden so its soon warming up.

enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, had a great day out yesterday went up two Munroe mountains with my son, not seen him for almost a year and a half, great to have a catch up, even if the climbing nearly finished me off lol.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here too. I can't believe it was raining all day here yesterday while you had sun Bren and we're not that far away from you! Have a lovely Sunday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning had a lovely day yesterday sitting in the garden with both sides of the family who had come to meet our new granddaughter, have I mentioned we have a new granddaughter? Sun was out and the rain kept away until the evening so was fab.
                      Dull this morning but warm, rain due later.
                      No idea what’s on the cards today but going to have breakfast first...coffee’s on.
                      Have a great day everyone. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Wow, good stuff, mothhawk. That's a brilliant result.

So, a load of gaps between concrete blocks filled yesterday. Lots more to be done before we can get around to the actual painting. But we've made a good start. Mr Snoop has found some gravity-defying filler. Gaps in between the blocks in the ceiling of up to a centimetre, but it still stays stuck in and doesn't flop out.

When I've finished here, I've got some tidying to do. My credit card has gone missing but I'm sure it's in the house somewhere. But goodness only knows where. Then it's cake and cracker baking as we're off round to a friend's house for the big match. None of us are football fans, so goodness only knows why! Lots of goodness only knowing going on today by the look of it...

Better get a shufty on. Smiles over by the kettle, lurking round Mr Bones's buttered toast, which always warrants a smile. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                          A dull and drizzly start to the day,
                          Grandson coming for lunch so that will be nice.
                          Otherwise no plans.
                          Have a lovely Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Couldn't just squeeze into the morning

Thanks Snoop. It means H/M biscuits and cakes are off the menu for quite a while though But the woman who does the video is so upbeat I don't care

Hope you find your credit card - nothing worse than cancelling it then finding it under a magazine next day - been there, done that!
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 11-07-2021, 11:07 AM.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              Thanks Snoop. It means H/M biscuits and cakes are off the menu for quite a while though But the woman who does the video is so upbeat I don't care
                              That book you recommended (Helen Thomas) is much too good. On the positive side, H/M biscuits are popular here as gifts, so at least we never eat the whole batch!

Comment

• Afternoon all

I've just came back from an after lunch car boot sale. Wasn't impressed with the 'tack' on offer and spent a grand total of 50p on a little wooden handled set square.
                                I went with my daughter who set off from home at 11.30am. This meant I had to have an exceedingly early Sunday dinner at 10.30am. Cooked a pork joint,cabbage from allotment,sweet potato and carrots early this morning. I don't like to miss my Sunday Dinner for anything.
                                Looking forward to the match later on. C'MON ENGLAND!!!!!Make us proud.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X