Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about hair cuts and lockdown locks. Mrs. B hadn't visited a hairdresser for at least 18 months and last week called me into the bathroom, passed the scissors and asked if I could tidy it up a bit. I managed to shorten the length by a good 7 inches before she took the scissors off me but eventually I persuaded her to let me finish the final styling next morning.
    It looks nice and suits her and quite a few friends and associates have commented (without prompting) that it looks nice Best of all she likes it too.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
      All this talk about hair cuts and lockdown locks. Mrs. B hadn't visited a hairdresser for at least 18 months and last week called me into the bathroom, passed the scissors and asked if I could tidy it up a bit. I managed to shorten the length by a good 7 inches before she took the scissors off me but eventually I persuaded her to let me finish the final styling next morning.
      It looks nice and suits her and quite a few friends and associates have commented (without prompting) that it looks nice Best of all she likes it too.
      Mr B : 7 inches all at once! I am not surprised that she took the scissors off you. We women don't take change lightly. However it sounds as if your skills have been appreciated.

Comment

• MrPots has been cutting my hair every 4 weeks he just takes a bit of from all-over he would love to use the Wahl trimmer but I chicken out at having it that short.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• OH cut mine the same last yr MrB . It was driving me mad. He has been tasked with shortening it ever since
          Last edited by Containergardener; 07-04-2021, 07:41 PM.
          Northern England.

Comment

• I just would not trust my husband to cut my hair......ever. I have no definite reason why, just memories of the last time he attempted to cut wood and nearly lost his thumb.......I value my ears!

I went to get a pan out of a cupboard this afternoon to find it half full of water......leaking combi bloody boiler!!! Fortunately now, one plumber later, it is fixed. I'm not convinced by modern boilers any more. I was brought up with a monstrous coke fired furnace that from an early age I was in charge of feeding and cleaning. At least it was reliable and provided plenty heat.

Comment

• Good Morning All Back to the factory today. Dark and cold. I'd rather have my ears lowered than have Himself cut my hair! Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Cold here with a lot of clouds around. I've been wide awake for hours. I got up in the end so as not to disturb my other half and a coffee is going down nicely.

Comment

• Morning FF, morning all. Chilly out but the sun looks like it's going to rise again, as per. Just as well! Forecast is for a cloudy day but the sky's looking quite clear at the moment. They're also predicting rain at some point over the next ten days. Trying not to get my hopes up. It's been weeks since we last had any.

As for haircuts, I do my own. It's long. I gather it all up into a ponytail and chop off the end. Job's a good 'un.

Order of business for today will likely be the same as yesterday with maybe the added excitement of a bit of weeding.

So, on with the show. Have a good one, everyone. The smiles are extra wriggly today, so grab them if you can.

Comment

• Morning all
                    I'll have a couple of those smiles Snoop. Rabbit poo man phoned up yesterday just as we were preparing last nights pizzas (too late to venture out into 5 o'clock traffic) so he said he'd leave the bags on his frontage and I would pick up this morning. Got up early, popped to the lotty to pick up the trailer and went to collect only to find he'd not left them out. I'll pop back later.
                    Grocery shopping this morning too.

Enjoy your day
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                      Sorry to hear about your boiler GF and your wasted trip for poo MrB.
                      Yesterday was making a larger bed at mums, she has so many shrubs (mature garden) she wanted annuals planting area and bulbs. OH came to help, couldn't believe how easy her soil is to work with (sandy) unlike our heavy clay. My brother appeared delivering something and ended up helping too. Job done.
                      When I went to bed last night , within minutes I heard a screaming cat fight then the owl started on and on and on it went.
                      Working this morning so enjoy your day if you venture outside.
                      Its drizzle n mizzle here not that ice wind though.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning Supermarket shopping today hopefully it won't be as busy as last week the shop was only closed on Sunday but people seemed to be panic buying.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’m really enjoying hearing what you all are getting up to(or not!)

We woke up to hazy sunshine but no frost or snow, so I’m planning on gardening today. I might get the second grass cutting in of the year if it dries out in the midday sun.Be good to get that done before the rains arrive later on in the week.

cg...Hibou has had two ‘suitors’ calling out for her throughout the night recently...but no fights between then so far.Possibly because next doors have another spayed cat...?

Last year our other neighbour had a chimney fire (oh it’s all happening in our tiny hamlet!)
                          The cause was a jackdaws nest in the chimney...so they had it ‘properly’ blocked off apart from the actual liner.
                          So yesterday, OH said he was watching the jackdaws taking twigs to the very same chimney and making another nest in there

AND ...another pair building a nest in the other neighbours chimney!

Best warn them to light fires to deter them before they lay eggs.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all, dull and grey today.
                            Grocery shopping this morning is ad good as it gets.
                            Hopefully it will brighten up by the afternoon.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello all, Nearly the weekend

Didnt really do much last night in the garden, just watered a few things in the greenhouse.

MrsD has been giving me a trim since the start of the first lockdown. she is quite good at it now and im not sure i can be bothered to pay £10 to get it done professionally anymore!
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning, not quite so cold now, but frosty last night, cloud scudding by, looks like it might rain later, bit of potting in the greenhouse again today, Broad beans that I planted out the other week look to have taken a battering by the weather.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X