X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatback number 22

New thread for all the gossip.

Link to old thread here ............ https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...back-number-21
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 13-02-2023, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Might as well add to the new thread then
      Northern England.

Comment

Hi all,

Another gloriously sunny day here again. Didn't get the car washed last night, Mrs D had other ideas involving a gazebo...

Hopefully i'll have chance tonight to give it a wash as some kind person has written "clean me" on the boot.

Have a good day all
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

Good afternoon all,lovely sunny day here,lawn cut,the hens love the cuttings to rummage through,they even left the dead mouse they were playing with,rest time now,then get a start on the borders, this weather is great,as long as not any hotter,sorry i just melt,have a good afternoon ,all the best with your jabs Snoop,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

26C here...bonkers!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Afternoon it’s tea and scone time I’ve spent the day in the garden some reading but mostly gardening just now it’s to 34c in my GH.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Dull and 13 degrees here, anyone like to share the sunshine?
                sigpic

Comment

We have enough to spare Jay, take all you want
                  21°C and hardly any wind.. apparently it's the warmest UK March day for 53 years.
                  Sitting at home now with a glass of refreshing cider and thinking about tonight's meal.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

It's been nice here today. Long walk with dog followed by picking up prescriptions then straight to the allotment which is close to the pharmacy.
                    Lots achieved at allotment then came home, took delivery of a load of cardboard from daughter (runs a Deli!) Because it was so nice I decided to give the lawn its first cut of the season.

TTFN
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The temperature's 8C here but it's not too windy. It's been raining all day and the fields now have small lakes in them. More is rain predicted for tomorrow but only 6C. Sunshine and a toasty 7C predicted for Thursday, Friday and Saturday and then snow Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I'm now hoping for a bit of warmer weather (double digits would be nice) to arrive soon so that I can get my tatties in the ground and start sowing other stuff.

Comment

Morning all.

Chilly out but could be worse: pockets of frost down in the fields but not much more than that. Nothing to scrape off the car before heading into town for our jab.

Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile and help yourself to a smile.

Comment

Morning all.
                          The early clouds are clearing so it looks like another hot one. Did a lot of weeding yesterday, just one small patch left to do in the front garden. The nigella seedlings that scattered themselves around are all well up but no signs yet that the verbena bonariensis has survived the winter. Still, early days yet. Need to deal with the raspberries today, they are making a bid for freedom across the veg patch.

Have a good day all.
                          Last edited by mothhawk; 31-03-2021, 06:37 AM.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

Yesterday was my birthday (second one in lockdown). I wasn't looking forward to it much. The weather however made it special. How could I not be happy when I spent nearly all day at the allotment pottering about and didn't need a jumper. My sister had told me not to make an evening meal. When I got home her other half appeared with a takeaway afternoon tea and grazing box from the local farm shop and brought the dogs to say hello (outdoors). Even after pigging ourselves the fridge is full to bursting point as I'd also done a big shop on Monday.
                            Today looks as if it's going to be another glorious day, (a little foretaste of Summer I hope). I'll be heading to the allotment shortly and then our second covid jabs this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              Morning all. Need to deal with the raspberries today, they are making a bid for freedom across the veg patch.

Have a good day all.
                              I am really happy about runaway raspberries. My neighbours big juicy ones have been trying to escape over the border for a couple of years and I have granted them asylum and they are happily multiplying at the edge of my plot (should get a good crop this year).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X