• Show
Clear All

• Sleep well Lottie - you deserve to xxx
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all

So pleased you've moved at last Lottie and can start settling in

Already been out and about this morning, 11 degrees and a cold breeze but the clouds are breaking up now. Must have had some rain in the night, still dry under the potatoes though.

Happy Saturdays
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

So happy for you LD!

Plenty to keep you occupied and a whole new garden to sort, and nice neighbours too. Sounds perfect and you deserve it after such a long wait and so many trials and tribulations.

C & C Grory Hop in a bit, then may pop into the GC for some compost on the way home and a card for Mum's G-Gson's birthday next month.

Have a good day all, and especially Lottie
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Really glad things came together for you Lottie. I hope you're happy with the new place.
          Grey here again, but not raining and forecast to warm up later.

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad to hear you're settling in, LD. Sounds like you've got nice neighbours as well as a great son. Best wishes to you in your new home.

Done the watering this morning and weeded half the plot before it got too hot to stay outside. Jobs for the weekend: bring up water from the well to refill butts, finish the weeding, tie up the toms, sow some more carrots, beetroot and parsnips. Oh, and try yet another lot of dwarf French beans. Will leave the bed dig rather than no-dig and see if that improves matters.

Hot day ahead, nights not quite so chilly. Mozzie net now required in the bedroom. Bit later than some years. The cold nights have been brilliant.

Hope you all have a great day. Smiles keen to head northwards to cooler climes today so are winging their way to you. Have sent a bumper pack to you, LD.

Comment

• Good morning all. Cold and breezy with temp just 12 degs.
              Its Saturday so its pitch and putt day for me.
              Tomatoes fed and watered so all good.

Lottie, delighted to hear you have moved into your new home.
              You've gone through such a rough time.
              Sounds like you have some good neighbours.

Have a good day all, catch you later.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just seen Lottie’s smiles pass by overhead…thought they were pigeons at first…what a noisy lot…they’re clearly excited to be on their way to her

Late start today, no real reason but the rain is a bit off putting
                Its stopped for now so I want to finish off pruning the espalier apple and pear trees. Out of 5 trees I’ve spotted 3 apples so far. Darned late frost
                Not quite the right time to prune but they’ve gone bonkers with new growth.
                They don’t look healthy …apple gall and canker….will have to look into sorting that.

OH is having a bit of a clear out…got someone coming to buy our unneeded electric hedge clippers . Masks all round!

Enjoy your weekend peeps!

Comment

• Good Morning All Good Luck and Bless your new home Lottie. Fine here but no sun yet. One of the Golden Girls came for a shower earlier, their boiler has broken so I'm expecting a few more visitors later. I've got some cheap and cheerful bedding plants to put in so best get on. Have a good day All Your hair looks nice Bren
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Was that Bren?…..wow…nice cut lass - I didn’t recognise you!

Comment

• Hi all,thanks for the good withes and smiles,son stayed over last night,the conservatory has a inside garden bed,we digging it out and refill with fresh compost,am going to put a cue and bits in it,also try some lettuce and bits that i think up,is 2ftx5ft 3in,we got grow bags for the toms ext along the front of it,is a lovely big space,will get replaced next year,aprox 11 x 22 feet,this will also be the family room when it all done,i love the place,daughter in law doing sunday dinner again tomoz ,so nice seeing the GGrand boys along with the grand children,all now grown up,the youngest is nearly 21,where did time go,it is only 1 month ago today i all said our goodbyes to MR,just seems so unreal still,but i WILL survive and forge a new life,right,back to shovling more dead compost and soil mix,i fill barrow and son empties,in between doing other things for me,i have also been informed by family,i do not live in Brum,it is the Black country,is there anyone on here in the area,see u latersx
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all

Dull and overcast, not sure what's on for today so meanwhile I'll get the kettle on.

Enjoy your Sunday
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all. I'll join you in a cup of tea, Mr B, if there's still time.

Sounds like you've got plenty to keep you busy, LD. Must be nice to have your family around.

We brought up water from the well yesterday evening and I gave the veg patch a good drink. Then it rained really hard in the night. Not forecast. So everything is doubly wet. Don't think I'll be doing any sowing any of my proposed seeds, as it'll be mud out there. Might go and tie up the toms, but I think that'll be it for gardening today after all. Shame, as it's nice and cool. Forecast says cloudy all morning but no rain. On the positive side, at least I raked out the final beds yesterday. That's always more difficult after a downpour.

Plenty to keep me occupied indoors for the day. So might as well make the use of the time and get through some of that.

Have a good one, everyone. Smiles over by the kettle and biscuits today. They've decided they'd rather hang around there rather than go flying about in the damp.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very grey here but warm. Have a lovely Sunday
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning a dull sort of day here no real plans so will spend the day mostly in the garden.

Enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Sunny and cloudy here with a light breeze,
                                No plans for today as we had a very late night visiting friends.
                                It's going to be a chikk out day.
                                Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse