X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^^ nice idea!…a few free flower buckets and Bob’s yr Uncle!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    lottie dolly, could you try some things like spinach, lamb's lettuce or overwintering lettuce? Broad beans, maybe? Just to scratch that itch...

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I missed that too!

Happy burpday Mr gf.
    I have a feeling there’s going to be another happy hubby tucking into his burpday cake today !

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Sorry, forgot to wish Mr Mr Greenishfing a happy birthday, I hope his day is very enjoyable and thank you so much for the marmalade recipe.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    AFTERNOON ALL,my a lot going on in here today,happy birthday MR GF,thank you for the smiles,if ducks are about do not look up,pleased you getting the campers sorted out Nicos and Snadger,happy jamming ladies,well done on the weight loss Peteyd,i still live in hope of some will power ,son came in said,if i get the dr before 1pm i get a flue jab,so he took me ,so quick ,mmmmm,must try that in choc cake,part of me is itching for growing,but i have to be patient and wait,however,i can try and organize seeds ext,and try a plan for my new garden,now that is a good excersize,i like a planning challenge,keep thinking about,if i can get a allotment plot at the back of me,need to remember to knock a door ,keep forgetting with other things going on,can't you tell i feel more in charge ,enjoy rest of your day,and Bgood2yourselves.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Bramble, I use this marmalade recipe. It is dead easy and there is no waste, apart from the pips. When I have scraped all the contents of the cooked skins into the pan, and before I put the rind in, I put the stick blender in and give it all a good zap. It sets really easy too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211006_115230_resized.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	538.3 KB
ID:	2534337

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Just a quick nip in for a brew before the grory hop.
    More Sanding discs are on the list too.

I’ll be joining you on the diet Peteyd as from next week…. We have a couple of birthday bashes to munch our way through first

Bramble - have you got a shed , or room for a shed in your garden you could do up as a project? I see garden ‘luxury summer houses’ (aka done up sheds )are pretty popular these days.

Once our camper and bedroom are sorted - hopefully before Xmas - I’m wanting to crack on with family tree research. My granddaughter has a whole other side which needs researching!

Must dash - shops are much quieter here at lunchtime….
    Last edited by Nicos; 06-10-2021, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Dull and grey here but the wind has dropped.
    A visit to the hairdressers this morning.
    Very badly needed as the sun has bleached my hair blonde.
    Quite envious of you Nicos and Snadgar, I could do with a project as the garden is slowing up,
    Greenishfing, I make jm and jelly every year but never marmalade, perhaps I will give it a try.
    Have a good day all,

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Happy birthday to Mr GF. Special bunch of smiles heading your way. Hope the others manage to stay out of the way of the ducks, Nicos. I suppose they might look a bit like fish to a duck!

Glad to hear assorted camper plans are coming to fruition. Hope the blood results are what you hoped for, Nicos. And congrats on the scales result, Peteyd.

Interesting what you say about chocolate cake, Nicos. I did actually buy some espresso coffee granules for the purpose, but was too much of a coward to add any as they weren't included in the recipe. Next time...

Not a very cold night last night but a heck of a wind gusting about out there now. Just as well the smiles set off earlier. Not sure they'd make any headway out there at the moment. Got plenty to keep me busy indoors.

Have a good one, all.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Yesterday morning's sunshine did not last, but today looks more promising and I've got the washer rumbling away. I did the grory hop yesterday and even got oranges, lemons and sugar to make marmalade later in the week. However not a grapefruit to be seen. I'll have a quick look in a local supermarket for one if not it'll be two fruit marmalade instead of three. It's my husband's birthday today so I think I 'll make him a cake this afternoon. However off to the allotment shortly, as soon as I've put the washing out, while the sun is still shining. Must book a care home visit for later this week.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Another miserable start to the day today, BUT i have lost weight according the the scales this morning so I'm in rather a good mood.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning. a cool start but no rain due today

Good news about your camper Nicos hopefully you'll soon be all sorted and can enjoy a few overnight stays before winter sets in.

Snadger I love charity shops you never know what you'll find and a tape measures handy to take just to check sizes.

Not much happening in the garden mostly picking raspberries and beans for next years seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Late riser today so better get cracking. The camper I have bought was already registered as a camper (although its just a shell now after two days of stripping it down then two days of rain where I couldn't pull electric extension outdoors to work on it!

Off to charity shops to see if there is any decent curtain material to cover seats. If not will go to B&M and try there. I need to go to B&M anyway as I bought what I thought were curtains for the French Windows in the house, only to find out after fitting rail that there was only one curtain in the pack and a central support on rail only allowing it to go half way. Need to buy another charcoal voile curtain!
    Once that's done and if the weather stays dry i will be able to crack on with the seat boxes.
    I have been watching you tube video's on electrics for camper and think I have it straight in my mind what I require. It was already wired and had a hook up cable and I have photographed wiring as I stripped it so hopefully all will be well.

On the gardening side I still need to plant some potted plants in border so may get that done as well.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Blue skies and calm here…offfor a grory hop after the drs appt.
    Funny how you don’t go near a Dr for months and then suddenly the appointments turn up like buses

We collected the bedroom purlin yesterday so we need a few burley friends in to help manhandle it in through the bedroom window

The other fantastic bit of news for us about the camper is that the second official document has come through …. Boring I know, but it means that we will be officially allowed to get it MOTd as a camper when all the other paperwork is replaced with the correct details.
    Cant really describe the frustration and upset caused by the company we used to import the vehicle falsifying the documents. And yes, once this is all sorted we’ll be giving all the evidence to the police.

6 monthly MOT Snoop?….is that standard for all vehicles? Here it’s every 2 years! I much preferred the yearly uk one as I don’t think every 2 years catches problems soon enough.

Love the idea of chocolate cake…for the first time ever , last time, I put in half a teaspoon of instant coffee granules ( dissolved in a tiny amount of hot water) and it brought out the flavour of the chocolate more. I really don’t like coffee cake and you wouldn’t know it was in there. It’s a trick I’d read about but never tried!

Best get my brew finished then head off to the Drs….I already have my results….bloods taken at 8.30 yesterday morning and the results came to me by email at 12.30. How’s that for service!

Just seem the smiles flying overhead being chased by some ducks….Hope they don’t catch them!

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all. Clear skies here but the wind's cold. Can't mistake that it's autumn now, although the weatherman says it'll be summer again tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X