X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Have you got a steamer Bren for stripping your wallpaper?
    We used to have one and it was also great for steam cleaning furniture / mattresses / spot cleaning carpets

Thats a brill bargain price for a dehydrator!
    Always worth popping in isn’t it?
    Nicos its more of removing the wallpaper and trying not to bring the plaster with it, one of the joys of having an old house.

I've used the dehydrator lots of times If I realised they were this handy I would have bought one years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    OK…thanks - ‘Discussion’ is one of the Mod sections…

The GR?…..why didn’t I think of that?….* scoots off….

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Where is it??seriously…????…..I lost it! It should have stayed in the mod section

TBH we’re having big complications behind the scenes trying to sort out the voting for the VVS
    No harm in people knowing - it’s just another eg of what goes on behind the scenes so that every day users find the Vine a comfortable place to visit.
    (A serine Swan gliding along whilst the feet are paddling away like crazy below the water , out of site!!!)
    I clicked on the Latest topics button and it's supposedly in the Discussion section of the site. Though that seems not to exist. The "Ignore this" thread title is clickable, but it just takes you to the same place as when you click the Forums button. Good luck finding it. Maybe it's having an early drink at the Gardener's Rest.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    By the way, Nicos, is the "Ignore this" thread a test? Are you checking to see which cat is most likely to be killed by curiosity? If so, given my name, I think it's likely to be me. I couldn't ignore it and had to look... eventually...
    Where is it??seriously…????…..I lost it! It should have stayed in the mod section

TBH we’re having big complications behind the scenes trying to sort out the voting for the VVS
    No harm in people knowing - it’s just another eg of what goes on behind the scenes so that every day users find the Vine a comfortable place to visit.
    (A serine Swan gliding along whilst the feet are paddling away like crazy below the water , out of site!!!)
    Last edited by Nicos; 07-10-2021, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Snoop, I make pesto when I've got lots of basil. I make it in the food processor and then freeze it in some rubber (silicon?) ice cube trays I've got with biggish compartments. When it's frozen I put it in bags. When it's time to use it it's just a matter of "one lump or two". It freezes exceptionally well and tastes far better than any I can get in the shops.
    Thanks. I have loads. I had ten or so plants and let them go to seed. Ants carried off all the seeds and the plants threw up a whole load of new spikes. First time ants have ever done anything I approve of.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    By the way, Nicos, is the "Ignore this" thread a test? Are you checking to see which cat is most likely to be killed by curiosity? If so, given my name, I think it's likely to be me. I couldn't ignore it and had to look... eventually...

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    18°C here too and sunshine off and on. We're off to the allotment shortly to make the most of it. Just invited an old friend of my husband for a meal at the weekend which he seems really happy about.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Strange weather, 18 degs after a week of 9 and 10.
    Out for lunch today with my two school friends.
    No time to chat, catch you all later.
    Have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Snoop, I make pesto when I've got lots of basil. I make it in the food processor and then freeze it in some rubber (silicon?) ice cube trays I've got with biggish compartments. When it's frozen I put it in bags. When it's time to use it it's just a matter of "one lump or two". It freezes exceptionally well and tastes far better than any I can get in the shops.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 07-10-2021, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

I love charity shops, but Spain isn't big on them. I'd never be able to extricate Mr Snoop from them. He's a terrible hoarder. Even he's starting to admit that some stuff will have to go back to the tip from whence they came. I hate all the piles of stuff about the place, but have to admit he's never let me down and can always come up with something for my veg patch almost as soon as I ask.

Bright blue out there, but not far off a frost down in the valley, I'd say. 6 ºC in our little walled corral by the house. Better go and pick all the tender stuff worth saving. Loads of basil. I've seen people say make pesto and freeze that. But do the oil, pine kernels and cheese freeze satisfactorily?

Odds and sods day today but lots of them. So need to be a bit more active than I'm feeling.

The smiles set off this morning in a good mood. I walked them and the dogs through some woodland looking for mushrooms. Lots of inedible ones, but nothing tasty. Maybe when it's a few degrees cooler. The dogs are also in a good mood. While out, we ransacked our vine for grapes - amazingly, the birds haven't taken all of them - and now they're scrumping off our fig tree. All the figs still on it burst in the rain, so we've stopped taking any. Not many now at dog height, but dozens still for the birds and wasps. And loads in our freezer.

Right, better get the show on the road. Have a good one all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Have you got a steamer Bren for stripping your wallpaper?
    We used to have one and it was also great for steam cleaning furniture / mattresses / spot cleaning carpets

Thats a brill bargain price for a dehydrator!
    Always worth popping in isn’t it?
    Last edited by Nicos; 07-10-2021, 07:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    where's the sun gone?…I hope someone is keeping their eye on it?

Fantastic bargains there Snadge!
    I have to admit that I am a bit of a hoarder and dug out denim curtains and duvet covers from our uk house ( 14 years ago!…but still in perfect condition) to cover our cushions and the curtains from the study there to make the curtains for the camper.
    I’d been hanging onto them for when our kids get bigger houses but they haven’t so I thought I’d use them myself!
    It’s actually quite comforting and reminiscent . So glad I kept them.
    So - for all of you who get lots of for hoarding - it DOES sometimes pay off!

I called in at our local charity shop on the way home from the grory hop yesterday and asked if they’d like some Xmas decoration to decorate their shop and they were absolutely thrilled - so I’ll go and sort some out for them.
    I used to make lots of Xmas crafts (but want to use more natural products now )so I’ve loads of old decorations people have given me- including plastic trees- which I can sort out for them.
    It was so worthwhile asking - the manager was absolutely thrilled! Their shop was burned down last year so they moved to new premises and of course all their stock went down in the fire.
    I think I did a good deed there and my OH will be relieved I’m clearing more ‘stuff’

Have a great day peeps….see ya later!
    kettle’s on by the way….

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Grory hop first then back to stripping wallpaper and hopefully some gardening later.

You got some good buys yesterday Snadger one of my best charity shop buys was a Dehydrator for £5
    enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Snadgar, you sound like a man on a mission.
    Well done on all or bargin purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Evening folks.

Got a set of blue tartan curtains and three different bedding covers for a 99p a piece from the charity shops and a £5 fleecy throw from B&M to see which would look best as my camper upholster?,

I wrapped one of the seat bottoms in each and photographed them then showed them to my three grown on up bairns on snapchat. They were all in agreement the throw I got from B&M looked the best but the others won't be wasted The blue and white tartan curtains will do for my bedroom and one of the duvet covers will do for my bed.

Managed to get a steel seat frame hacked to bits with an angle grinder this afternoon and it now sits in the position I want it. I just need to reinforce the bits I have hacked out now.
    Off to B&Q tomorrow to get some timber for build.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X