X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning it was misty earlier now its clearing it going to be dry for the rest of the day.

Nicos thats good news about the new butcher I know you miss English bacon, I've not tried haggis not sure why though I've tried most other meat items.

Being able to stand will make working on your camper much easier on your back Snadger, what does Kato think to being inside it,?

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    andMorning all

I need to devote a decent time to the allotment to catch up so if weather stays dry today, Bob's yrer Uncle.

Got my lawn cut yesterday and even though my back was playing up a bit I managed to get some work done on the camper. I'm waiting for strut ends to come so I can lift the Pop-top on it so once get that sorted I will be able to stand up inside whilst working on it.
    Planted some Aubretia in ground on top of my dwarf dry stone wall in front of kitchen window at home.Hopefully this will cascade similar to my Thyme which hangs over the wall now.

I'm enjoying my morning cuppa, but after that, dog walking then off to lottie.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Not had much sleep- mainly because OH didn’t get back from their Irish gig until stupido’clock.fr.

He guessed it’d finish at midnight but was wrong and there was no signal for any of them to let peeps know.
    Imagine living in an area with no mobile phone service
    Yep…I know…it’s not that long ago I recall OH coming home with his first mobile phone -on loan from his firm - and he had to carry a small suitcase with it presumably containing the battery? Must be only 30 odd years ago…and look at them now, with cameras, Apps etc etc….that thing was ‘just’ a phone too!

Anyway…funny how at that time in the night/ morning you start looking at trees and ditches in your mind in a very different light
    But he’s back safe , exhausted and had a great time which is the main thing.

Quiet day ahead…the only thing I have to do is go and collect a joint of pork with skin attached for crackling.
    Not a big thing maybe to you, but they cut it off here and discard it….but there is an English butcher just started in the local village and he’s going to prepare it for me. And , he said he’s thinking of preparing an English section making bacon, sausages, maybe pork pies etc. Maybe I could persuade him to make haggis too??

Anyway…that’s later on -but first, it’s time for my first brew of the day
    Help yourselves!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening

It's been a lovely sunny day here even warm with it, spent some time in the garden and GH mostly taking out plants that's finished and harvesting seeds for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by bramble View Post
    Good morning all,
    Mild and grey here.
    We are going to the funeral of a long time ndighbour this morning.
    Meeting up with my daughter this afternoon to go clothes shopping.

Snadgar, you put me to shame you're o organised.

Have a good day all and Nicos, good luck with the chimney sweep.
    Huh, me organised, you evidently haven't met me! I am so disorganised and have so many half finished projects on the go, it was nice to have the funds available and try and wrap up the majority of my Crimbo shopping which I usually leave to the last few days. My Daughter told me I had to get my act together this year and led me by the nose to make sure I did!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Snoop, I got the silicon ice cube trays with lids in Aldi but I then got some hard plastic ones,2 in a pack, supposedly for baby portions of pureed food, with lids in the pound shop. However I had to line the hard plastic ones with cling film as they refused to part with their contents when frozen.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your neighbour bramble. Hope it goes ok.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Snoop, I make pesto when I've got lots of basil. I make it in the food processor and then freeze it in some rubber (silicon?) ice cube trays I've got with biggish compartments. When it's frozen I put it in bags. When it's time to use it it's just a matter of "one lump or two". It freezes exceptionally well and tastes far better than any I can get in the shops.
    Thanks. I've made it without parmesan or salt, will add those when I want to use it. I've frozen it in a bun tin for jam tarts, as I can't find our ice block trays. Tastes and smells yummy even as it is. Will have a look again for the ice block trays to make smaller amounts for dropping into soup.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its Friday already the weeks gone fast

We've lit our stove these past couple of evening just seeing the flames makes the room feel warm and cosy, with that lit and the winter quilt of the bed the only thing missing is the electric blanket but it we'll put that on we have our first frost.

enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all,
    Mild and grey here.
    We are going to the funeral of a long time ndighbour this morning.
    Meeting up with my daughter this afternoon to go clothes shopping.

Snadgar, you put me to shame you're o organised.

Have a good day all and Nicos, good luck with the chimney sweep.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Got up late today but looking at the thermometer, there may have been a touch of frost down in the fields. But as I didn't actually see it, it doesn't count and didn't happen. Haven't been out to look at the basil yet... Making pesto is on the list for today, so fingers crossed it's OK.

We've had the range on for the last few nights. And swapped to the winter quilt a few days back. We've even got the fleece quilt cover on. Mr Snoop likes the snuggliness of it and the cats love it, of course.

Got to go into the village this morning but other than that, the day is pretty well my own. But I shall try not to hog too many of the smiles, but send them on their way once I've had a coffee.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Snadger, you are so organised! I have got half a dozen new pudding basins but my sister turned up with those the other day (maybe a teensy weensy bit of self interest involved on her part).
    Care home visit this morning and then hopefully carrying on with yesterday's weeding. I've now got a plot reweeded ready for the Autumn onions. Just need to get some onion sets now. With the recent rain the weeds came out so easily yesterday and the weather was wonderful, warm and balmy. I think there is the tiniest glimmer of hope that some of the figs might ripen!

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Morning all,

Rather misty here this morning. i doubt much will be happening in the garden until sunday as we're rathe busy tomorrow but we shall see.

Happy friday all, have a nice weekend

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

I have a flatpack sideboard laid out on the living room carpet. I took the pieces out the box last night, but after looking at it I thought "Nah, this is an early morning job assembling it, not a last thing at night job"
    Anyway, enjoying my cup of tea, then dog walking, then will tackle assembly. Its for the camper and may need to be 'doctored' a bit to fit once assembled.
    Pleased I managed to get the majority of my Crimbo shopping done yesterday at the Metrocentre with Daughter keeping me right! Got summat for everyone and just need a few finishing off presents either made or purchased from internet.

Have a good day folks and TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin Flo’n’all

Just left your brew out for you Flo… I heard you tiptoeing around

Early start- the chimney sweep changed his appointment and is arriving in an hour! It’s pitch black!…I hope it’s light enough when he gets here!

No idea yet what today has in store- I’ll see what OH has in mind before I make plans.

We seem to be lighting the fire every evening now- and put the winter duvet on yesterday, so it’s really feeling Autumnal even though we’ve had a few warmer days.

Best get a wiggle on - can’t have the chimney sweep peeking through the bedroom window!
    Last edited by Nicos; 08-10-2021, 05:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X