X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    The thought of the cork in the Hoover nozzle is making me smile. In Summer I never clean any cobwebs away as I far prefer spiders to flies and midges although I have rescued a bee from a web. I used to have a massive spider that ran around the lounge, just below ceiling height. I even rescue spiders that get trapped in the bath.
    Just had a glass of ginger milk. It was bog standard milk until I dropped a ginger biscuit into it by accident. Not to be recommended.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    No spiders here but we are aware of mosquitoes so have plugins in all the rooms.
    Hate the big black spiders.
    My next doorneighbour is absolutely terrified of them and hoovers them up.
    She puts a cork on the nossel of the Hoover in case they escape.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    We have cellar spider's now too, it's a recent thing never had them before. They were supposed to be associated with damp places (hence the name) but seem to have moved into the whole area irrespective of whether it's damp or not.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    We have quite a few of those too MH.
    One in particular starts doing a spinning action if we get too close to it.
    OH keeps saying he’ll video it and play it back on slow motion to see exactly what it does.
    Very strange!

Is it flirting with me / my OH….or wanting to eat us?
    Last edited by Nicos; 17-09-2021, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Morning, I awoke to a giant house spider sitting in the middle of the bedroom floor! I hate spider season!!
    I hate house spiders too, but since a cellar spider or two has moved in (they're the ones with tiny bodies and long legs), I haven't seen a single big black house spider. The cellar spiders have eaten them. They eat all the other pests - wood lice, spiders, silverfish, flies, moths, and they are quite unobtrusive, preferring to hang upside down quietly in a corner near the ceiling. So I consider my two as pets now

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Just got back from collecting the missing prescription and accidentally bought a boot full of things from 2 discount stores

Mostly food but there were quite a few English foods there for a change.
    Who can resist jacobs cream crackers, Carr’s water biscuits, custard cream biscuits, French’s mustard, Cadbury’s chocolate biscuits…that sort of thing when you’ve not had them for a year or more? Espesh as they were cheaper than uk prices because they were so near to their sell by dates.

Another mega supermarket had just filled the meat and dairy discount section ( think yellow stickers) - a lot of it was organic too! …Glad we still have room in our freezer!

We have a lot more spiders in the house too Jay….along with mice.
    Hibou has munched her way through so many spiders that she’s given up on them now.

Snoop - you can enter veg still on the plant…everything is so late this year that we thought it would still encourage entries like tomatoes and chillies too , even if they’re not ready to pick!

We (read that as ME as I was the one driving) drove off this morning forgetting the petrol can for the lawnmowers so it looks like another outing is in order.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Midmorning here and it's a glorious day.
    Just back from shopping and now off to the beach.
    The smiles arrived here earlier Snoop.
    Your day out sounds lovely Nicos.
    Have a good day all..

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, I awoke to a giant house spider sitting in the middle of the bedroom floor! I hate spider season!!
    Its a lot cooler, darker and wetter this morning so went back to bed for a bit…I know bad!
    Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day… your bread sounds lovely GF.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I awoke to the smell of fresh bread this morning as I'd set the breadmaker on the timer. A great start to the day.
    Glorious sunshine here at the moment. Yesterday at the allotment my husband was moaning that he was too hot and went to hide in the shade with his newspaper. I think I'll drag his shorts out of the hibernation pile today for him, unless that's tempting fate. I'm still hopeful a few figs might ripen if the weather stays warm and I've spotted another squash hiding under the butternut squash plants. I thought I wasn't going to get any this year so the three I've now spotted are a bonus. I think I'll change the bed and get the washer going next. Sunshine is a great motivator for me.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Trouble is, Nicos, I like my plants when they're growing. Especially cabbage for some reason. They're so expansive. Not sure if that's the right word, but a savoy cabbage at full spread is an impressive beast. They're never quite as nice when harvested to my eyes. But, I shall do my best.

Haven't gone on a grory shop as intended. Work has taken over (again, already...). Monday it is, apparently. Suits the food stores better too.

Bright out there today but it was a chilly night. Due to be around 6 ºC tonight. Is it worth covering up my squash and melons with fleece, or will they cope, do you think? I've got about 15 butternuts that should do well if the frosts hold off.

Right, on with the show. The smiles are rushing off even as I write. Largely because Mr Snoop is telling me off for not taking the medication I need to be using for my nose... Oh dear... Anyway, the smiles are heading your way.

Have a great day, guys.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning a misty start here but its starting to clear and it looks like being a good day.

To me that sounds the perfect outing Nicos, when we go camping our favourite spots are always those next to a river.

enjoy your day.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 17-09-2021, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Morning n’alln’all

Hazy sky again so it looks like a nice day ahead.
    Quick grory hop later as the pharmacist didn’t have one of our repeat prescriptions so might as well stock up on a few extras whilst I’m in that village.

Go on Snadge- get that washing out You need some rain for planting out those new fruit bushes - or have you already done that?

Nice link there Snoop. I’ve always admired Roman mosaic flooring - particularly the picture ones rather than the symmetrical designs - but even those are amazingly clever .
    The nearest thing to mosaic work I have ever done is glue a ring of small mosaic bathroom tiles in a ring under the lip of a terracotta tile. OUr uk neighbours had a few left over after they’d redone their shower room ( so no sharp edges with those!) Looked very pretty in the garden.

Yesterday was lovely - we pulled up next to a river and just sat and read, had a picnic lunch then much later on heated through a cassoulet I’d defrosted….then read until it got dark.
    Workwise it was a waste of time but mentally it did us both a lot of good.

We managed to pick up some litter there and OH waded into the river to drag out a new finger post which had been thrown into it , then phoned the local Marie ( town hall) to say where he’d left it.. Very sad to see vandalism, particularly as it’s a very rural place.

Have a great day peeps - remember to get some photos taken and entered into the competition ( even if you doubt it’ll win )
    Only a couple of weeks left now!
    Last edited by Nicos; 17-09-2021, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all

Snadger we normally grow Autumn Champion but haven't found any in the garden centres yet. They grow well for us and being globe shaped are easier to use in the kitchen.

Lovely morning again - light cloud with big blue patches. Probably go for a walk today.

Happy Fridays

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Just debating whether to stick the washing on the line as it looks a bit overcast. Nothing planned for today so I'll just blag it.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

Cool and clear here with a pink flush to the sky. So rain later? Grory hop a bit later, then weeding the flower beds if it stays dry.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X