• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Clear sky!…looks like we may have got the sunshine back again

Just waiting for a fuel delivery for the central heating - no idea what the cost is per litre but I’m bracing myself for a price hike
    More wood being delivered tomorrow too.

Ta muchly for the brew Bones - perfect timing!

I forgot to mention that our local supermarket is now selling real fresh crumpets!…I bought 3 packets the other day and put them in the
    freezer. Yummy yum!

Have a great day fishing Snadge - fingers crossed you catch something for supper tonight!

More sorting of the bedroom this morning - I got through a few boxes of stuff yesterday.
    If it stays like this then I’ll mostly be spotted pottering around in the garden later on.

Have a great day peeps!

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning folks

Up relatively early today and it seems to be OK out so what better time is there to go FISHING! Wish me luck!

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all

Lovely day yesterday, don't think today is forecast to be quite so bright but 19 degs for this far through September isn't too bad at all.

Kettle's on - help yourselves to a brew

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Ignore that last question Nicos, I’ve worked it out. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Thanks Nicos…works a treat!
    Excuse my ignorance but where would I find the Showcase Forum?

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Actually, it doesn’t look like we can make general announcements any more

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Can I ask, is there an easy way of finding a thread in which you are the last person to post on and then want to add another comment to the same thread…if you see what I mean?
    Also is there any way to have the Vine Competition categories pinned at the top of the threads? They disappear very quickly from the list otherwise so go out of your head. Could be why there are not a
    lot of entries in the categories.

Go to your name ( top right of the page and click ‘on recent posts’……or just click on your name anywhere and your general profile will come up and you will see your previous posts)

The VVS…..all the competition threads are stickied in the Showcase forum - I can put the main one up as an announcement if you think that would be a good prompt?

( Always open to suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Afternoon guys.

Went off to book hospital appointments and for grory hop this morning. Feels like there have been a few big shops recently, what with all the hospital visits (sorry to hear about yours, GF, not nice).

House now chock-a-block with food, it feels like.

Also bought some plug plants - a dozen vorbote cabbages for Feb/March time, a heap of lettuce because I've been badly organised, and some 'bimi' cabbage, which turns out to be broccolini now I've looked them up. Not frost hardy by the look of it, so may come to nothing, but for 15 cents a plant, I shan't complain.

Big job to get through this afternoon so better step on it.

Hope the smiles set off of their own accord this morning. They were having a bit of a lie-in when we left.

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Can I ask, is there an easy way of finding a thread in which you are the last person to post on and then want to add another comment to the same thread…if you see what I mean?
    Also is there any way to have the Vine Competition categories pinned at the top of the threads? They disappear very quickly from the list otherwise so go out of your head. Could be why there are not a
    lot of entries in the categories.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Just made my first bottle of apple juice and have to say it’s delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    greenishfing That’s exactly what our tree was like, I’ve never seen more apples on it. We have loads to use, a load on the ground which the animals have been chomping on and there are still more on the tree. I’m going to try juicing some, not sure it will work though. Jelly is a great idea too bramble!

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Morning All,

Managed to get the grass cut, even had time for a quick run too.

Im now trying to plan what i want to grow next year. we know we're going to expand out wild flower patch but still no real ideas as to the veg patch.

Happy Monday

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    What a fantastic crop - looks quite a young tree too!

Add that photo to our competition!,

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Jay, have you considered making apple jelly.
    What a great crop, shame to let them go to waste.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Morning, it’s foggy and a chilly 9 degrees this morning. Notice a real change in the temperature now. Looks as though it has to be a dull day for us.
    Got loads of apples from our one tree and no idea what to do with them. Making more chutney but need to have a think on what to do with the rest!
    Domestics first, well after a coffee, machine is ready to go do help yourself.
    Have a great day everyone. x
    This was one of my trees before I took some weight of it yesterday. When I originally planted a little "stick" I never realised what I would end up with. I give lots away. Hopefully someone this year is going to make some into cider. The last ones my niece usually takes to the stables she uses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210918_135711_resized.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	734.1 KB
ID:	2533404

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X