This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Its frustrating Snoop our old collie used to open the back door so we used to keep it locked unless it was warm out is it possible to put a bolt on your door or maybe move the handle up higher.
    I've found a long piece of wood to wedge the door handle up with. The only problem is that Mr Snoop is usually outside, so in an emergency, he wouldn't be able to get in if I needed help. She sleeps in our bedroom and was pacing a bit in the night. Anyway, she seems to have settled now. But she's getting on, so hope she's OK.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      My!...you lot are up and about early!...must be thanks to that bag of smiles

Woke this morning to a very heavy frost.
      Yesterday I spotted the first strawberry flower and a couple of peach flowers oh well.

I’m hoping to make mothhawk’s apple cup dessert today.Not diet food but just the thought has me drooling!

Hope the weather is fine for you all - enjoy your day and don’t forget the ‘hats and sun cream’ season is upon us....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
        Good morning all.

I feel really cheerful today, for no particular reason. I really must move the raspberries today back to the bit of garden where they are escaping from, and rig up some chicken wire round the bird box the bluetits have chosen to build in. The one that is already protected, which they build in most years, is being used as a dormitory and the third box is constantly checked to make sure nobody else is using it. Very possessive, my bluetits, they are a 3 home family.
        Must be lovely watching them, mothhawk. I really like bluetits.

Comment

• Have you thought of a child stair gate Snoop?

Hope she’s ok....

Comment

• Talking of birds - we have a nest in the eaves and we can hear the parents landing on our metal guttering and hopping around when they turn up with food.
            Metallic clog dancing!
            Cant help but bring a smile to your face even at stupido’clock.fr

Comment

• Just finishing my second coffee before going to the supermarket for necessities of life. Then hopefully a trip to the allotment to chill (hopefully not freeze). Feeling a bit down today. One of the elderly relatives is in hospital after a failed suicide attempt and is so upsetting that there is no visiting.
              There is however one weight off my shoulders..... a few inches of hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Just finishing my second coffee before going to the supermarket for necessities of life. Then hopefully a trip to the allotment to chill (hopefully not freeze). Feeling a bit down today. One of the elderly relatives is in hospital after a failed suicide attempt and is so upsetting that there is no visiting.
                There is however one weight off my shoulders..... a few inches of hair.
                That's terribly sad, GF. You're a good person, always helping others. I can't imagine how I'd feel in your shoes. Not being able to visit just compounds the awfulness of the situation. Big hug.

Comment

• Good morning all. Its wall to wall sunshine here.
                  All the plants are outside hardening off.
                  Blossom on two of my tomato plants.
                  Off out for my morning walk.
                  G.F, what a very sad and upsetting episode to have to cope with.
                  Snoop, could you not put a brick giant the door to keep it shut?
                  Have a good day all whatever your doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                    Morning all
                    Glorious day, been out and about already, sun's shining, little breeze and above freezing at last (4C).

Re woodchips CG, best if you can leave them in a pile for a while even if only for a month. Cardboard is only necessary if you already have perennial weeds and for the first few applications a scattering of chicken manure pellets or BFB helps balance any nitrogen loss where the chips contact the soil.
                    Ideally a layer about 2 inches deep applied to a raked flat soil surface will suppress weed seed germination and still allow flowers to poke through.

Enjoy the day
                    Ground elder though . It took off when I was ill and am yet to get it under control. Thought the card or newspaper first may help. When I get my compost I want to add to everywhere anyway to improve my heavy clay .
                    The lads give the stuff away so thought if it would be useful id ask them for some.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• That's sad GF, so hard no visiting still.
                      Poor doggy , hope she remains settled. How old is she? We've a door gate here you can borrow

Sun is out now
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        Snoop, could you not put a brick giant the door to keep it shut?
                        I love this idea, except the door opens outwards, so she'd still be able to open it.

She's 14 in a few months. A medium-to-large dog, around 33 kg. One thing, she hasn't lost her appetite!

As for the doors, I'd love stable doors, Nicos.

Comment

• Good day peeps,a nice day here,sorry to hear about your reletive,thoughts are with you all,poor dog snoop,MR was in the floor again this morning,got 1 on him,let go of the frame with his working hand and and down ,had to get help again,i eventually got his hair cut and showered no bother,now its my turn,will feel better again,see you all later,have a good afternoon,and stay safe
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Aww gf... not a nice situation for you - and them...really sorry x

I’ve just come in from the garden and am chilled to the bone. In the sun it was lovely but the wind was wicked once the sun went behind the clouds.
                            At least half the patio tubs and path has been ‘sorted’.
                            Then we can power wash it.
                            It’s an old concrete pad used as a holding area for cattle when the house was a farm and the concrete must be 70/80 years old and badly breaking up.
                            We need to do something with it really, but always get distracted with other things higher up the ‘ should have done by now’ urgent list of ‘Things not to ignore doing any longer’!!!!)

Right...to the kitchen...I have a pudding to make!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 14-04-2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Bit of a frosty one this morning, but gloriously beautiful nonetheless

Sorry to hear that Greenishfing, Hopefully now we are getting some freedoms back and the weather is getting better, things won't seem so bad after all.
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

As for the doors, I'd love stable doors, Nicos.
                                I’ll send my OH over with his chainsaw then!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X