This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

I'm back in doors for a coffee to warm me up we've got bright sunshine pity its cold and windy with it was nice in the GH picking toms though. Waiting for the last few to ripen then the plants can come out and I'll cover the borders with Dalek compost.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Its wild and windy out there but its dry.
      No plans for the day so we will take it as it comes.
      I may working the greenhouse,l

Snoop, the smiles have arrived, blown in on the wind, thanks.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning. I never got to the allotment yesterday as the rain set in earlier than expected. Today I am meeting my sister there at noon and she can help herself to more bags of apples. I think it's probably time to strip the last of the sweetcorn off the plants as well.

Comment

• Morning all. lots of smiles have arrived here carried on the cold wind, Snoop, and they are enjoying the sunshine and clear blue skies. just finished making a bread & butter pudding for afters today. I haven't eaten any bread since the beginning of July, though I still make bread for my mum, so it will be a real treat.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          I hope the pong subsides before your neighbours discover your "smelly" secrets mothhawk.
          I waited till it started to rain yesterday, before spreading the FYM, and any pong seems to have been washed into the ground by the wet. Couldn't smell it this morning, though my nose isn't the finest, but as we have a pig farm up the road, hopefully any lingering whiff will be blamed on them

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Well there was no rain forecast for today but I've just got soaked through in a heavy shower. I've stripped the last secondary cobs off the sweetcorn and shared them with my sister. Amazingly these cobs, although smaller, are still pretty much perfect which isn't normal. Also picked a gravel tray of grapes and some Padron peppers and shared them too. We also filled another couple of carrier bags with apples. Although it felt cold there was no threat of rain at the time. That sneaked up on me from nowhere.

Comment

• Morning all . Am I first up this morning? The sun is out though the clouds are gathering too, so probably rain later. Kettle's on for a second brew.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning it feels a bit warmer here today with rain late afternoon, so not to bad.

Flu jab today at the local pharmacy I'll have a browse in the charity shop while I'm out.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning, 10°C and sunny here. No rain forecast so we'll see if they've managed to get it right today. Woke up late this morning, probably because I was wide awake in the middle of the night, no idea why. I think some tidying up at the allotment later.

Comment

• Morning all.

Clouds scudding across the sky. It's quite windy and cool. With any luck, the clouds will keep on going rather than bank up, but a bit of rain is forecast.

Got a busy day ahead. Work and billing, as per. Plus clean out the range and chimney. We did it at the end of the last season but perhaps need to do it again, as it was a bit smoky last night. Maybe something has fallen down the chimney. That would be a shame, but it was lovely to have it going. So toasty and warm. Looking forward to baking bread in it.

Right, better get on with the day. It's Mr Snoop's birthday and the fortieth anniversary of us meeting. So I'm afraid we've been hogging the smiles a bit this morning. They've just headed out with Mr Snoop, the dogs and Frankie, so should be with you soon. Glad they found you the other day, Bramble.

Have a great one, all.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Bright sunshine here today

OH is sanding down the oak beams so I may do some work on the camper instead and keep out of the dust

Just time for a quick brew though!

See ya later peeps.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Really productive weekend. shifted 2 tonnes of topdressing on the local tennis courts on saturday before the monsoon hit, then sunday was spent prepping the garden for winter (Even the little man helped!)

we even had time to go to the park in the afternoon

Happy Monday All
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• You snook in there Snoop!
                          Many congrats to you both - enjoy your day

We’re having our chimney swept on Thursday. It’s smoked out a bit once lit and we did wonder if it’s somehow got a bit blocked , but then we realised it was the heavy air pressure .
                          Yesterday was really windy and and the draw was amazing. Still, our insurance insists it’s swept one a year, so this Thursday it is!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Another bright and breezy day here.
                            Must go into town this morning..

Birthday and anniversary greetings going your way Snoop.
                            Have a lovely day.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hope you're both enjoying your day Snoop. Just got rained off from the allotment and the sweetcorn plants (triffids) are now chopped up in the compost bin. Not enough Padron peppers to make them worth picking today. I did pick another bag of apples though and attached them to my neighbour's door knob when I got home.

Comment

• Evening i was in and out quick for my Flu jab and like last time I've got a sore arm but never mind it's better than getting a full dose of the Flu.

Belated birthday and anniversary wishes to Snoop and Mr Snoop hope you both had a lovely day. xx

The winter quilt went back on the bed last night and I wore trousers today meaning summer is over.

How's your little man doing Peteyd, is he back to is usual self ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X