Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's still breezy but the sun's out and nice and bright so time to pop down the lotty. Compost to turn and veg to pick.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Snadger I'm another who loves putting flat pack furniture together these days although I have bad memories of the early MFI horrors where there were either bits missing, holes in the wrong places or wrong bits in the box. I remember once nearly getting thrown out of one of their stores when I had to go back and complain for the third time about a stool and they tried to treat me (young, blonde, female at the time) as if it was my fault. I did eventually walk out with a fully assembled (display) model of the offending item when I demonstrated to a packed store how the seat was for a smaller item and simply fell through the hole. My mother who wanted the item was cringing in embarrassment in a corner.
      I can't wait to see both your and Nicos's camper vans when complete. I've never done one but have remodelled a few boats with my husband over the years which tend to have similar obstacles to overcome with trying to fit everything in.
      I'm glad you are getting your log problem sorted Nicos.
      Just got back from care home birthday visit which went far better than we expected. Unfortunately the weather keeps alternating between short spells of sunshine and heavy showers so the allotment is postponed until tomorrow. I think I'll make a batch of pasta bakes next.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Grory hop this morning so didn't get much else done. I did get 3 bags of FYM for the front beds though. It has a bit of a pong but hopefully that will disappear before the neighbours realise where the smell is coming from.

Right, time for a brew, then clearing out the Fench beans is the job ahead.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• I got 2 more bags of coxes, Nicos, so I'll definitely try a tarte tatin. They freeze beautifully too, staying a buttery cream colour and not oxidizing at all.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• I hope the pong subsides before your neighbours discover your "smelly" secrets mothhawk. If the smell doesn't disappear they'll probably get used to it....eventually. I got a text today to book a booster coronavirus vaccine. The trouble with these NHS texts is they never specify who they are for. I receive texts for my husband, my brother in law, my sister in law and myself as none of the others are really happy using a mobile phone and theirs are turned on intermittently. Never mind, I rang up and got a booster booked for my husband and myself at the same time within a mile of where I live and the girl on the phone was very helpful...and no long queue on the phone.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 01-10-2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Evening Its good that you're both got your boosters sorted Greenishfing we have our Flu jabs on Monday at the local pharmacy so a quick in and out.

Enjoy your evening.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

It's a bit nippy as yet - only 7 degs and quite clear. Supposed to be reasonable until rain arrives early afternoon so probably get down the allotment to potter and cultivate my social skills this morning

Meanwhile, kettle's on so help yourselves to a Saturday brew
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all

A few aches and pains this morning after spending all day yesterday stripping the camper out. Still not finished 'stripping' yet but well on the way. This is an old camper from 1981. I have the original price which was just over £9000 delivered and weeks later a bill for £3500 for the conversion from new. The workmanship was shocking for such a relative high price at the time and I hope the firm, which is still on the go doing conversions and pop top additions similar to mine on new vans, have improved their quality somewhat!

Anyway, enough of that, off to Son's soon after dog walking and hopefully his flat packs will be better quality than my Vanettes interior.

TTFN
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning its dry just now but rain due from lunch time onwards.

Good luck with those flat packs Snadger

I'd best get on have a good day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's a cold miserable morning here, but not raining yet, that's due later. I awoke at about 7, slid out of bed, turned the thermostat up and slid back in for an hour. When we're both organised I'm off to deliver some pasta bake and then down to the allotment, hopefully without getting soaked.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Looks like we have the sploshy stuff again today!

Got some good news yesterday…we now have a replacement document from Toyota for the camper for its proper weight - so we can crack on with the work inside. There are a few other replacement documents to have reissued before we are back on track for it’s conversion, but at least we know for sure she’ll be ours now
                        I still think yours will be up and running before mine Snadge!

So…we now have a camper AND the bedroom renovation to crack on with
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Great day ahead: getting the range sorted for the winter and getting the first lot of wood in (Mr Snoop said he felt a bit cold last night) topping up one of our sets of big solar batteries with distilled water, and good food and wine this evening. So a day of energy supplies, I guess.

Other than that, a little bit of work and a great heap of washing-up, doubtless, by the end of the day.

Have a good one all. Smiles going all over the shop as it looks like everyone will be using a few up today, all the good things we've got going on.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Cold and breezy here but its dry.
                            Laundry blowing in the breeze so it shouldn't take long to dry.
                            Grocery shopping this morning and then grandson is visiting with his mam.
                            Good luck with all that work Nicos, you wont feel the winter going by.
                            Snadgar, if me and hubby ever fell out it was because of flatpack.
                            He was hopeless at putting it together and always insisted there must bits missing.
                            Snoop, a load of smiles just arrived on the breeze.
                            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Rain forecast today. 100% probability plus snow at 2000 m. We're at 500 m, so it won't affect us but it's the first snow forecast of the season. Took me aback to see it. I've just looked at a long-term weather forecast for autumn in Spain, written on 31 August. Looks to me like we'll be going back to the kind of weather we had when we first arrived: periodic bouts of rain (good for the well), cold (great for killing off pests) and quite a bit of snow over the winter. The snow is the biggest nuisance, as it wrecks the dirt tracks. But we're much better prepared than the first years we were here.

Plenty to keep me busy this morning. Hoping for a nap this afternoon.

Have a great one, everyone. The smiles say they'll head off in a few minutes. Not sure why they're dithering. Maybe they're hoping to be over the mountains when it snows, but that won't be till this afternoon and they'll be long gone by then. Anyway, they'll be with you at some point.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Grey and wet here…maybe after getting frostbite Snoop, the smiles are reluctant to get sopping wetness route?
                                You can reassure them that the wind has dropped though….plus I have a couple of spare croissants they are welcome to en route ( if I can keep my OH ‘s gnashers off them )

Today will be an indoor pottering day.
                                Lots of tidying up of building stuff and clearing of white plaster dust which,despite plastic curtains everywhere ( looks like a crime scene!) , has started settling everywhere

Anyone fancying a brew? I’ve just put the kettle on.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X