Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, sun is up here too!! You lucky thing bramble, have a great time! Thanks for the good wishes for the boy, hopefully as he is doubled vaxxed he will get over it soon. We were meant to be staying with him this week, guess what we’re not!!
    Ok off to grab a cuppa, have a great day everyone. Help yourselves to one too folks x
    sigpic

Comment

• Just looked at your weather forecast bramble….nice one!…Enjoy x
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
        I'm halfway through the weekend domestics so I hope someone's put the kettle on for a brew. I'm parched!
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^^^^You must be telepathic!

I’ve just defrosted some blackcurrant buns- help yourself!

Comment

• Afternoon all.

What a fantastic city Malaga is, Bramble. Won't say hope you have a fantastic time because you're bound to. I'm only a mite jealous...

All good here today. Mr Snoop off into town for a few odd jobs there. I'm holding the fort with the dogs, as per. No bad thing. I shall have a very peaceful nap this afternoon, so long as Frankie leaves my toes in peace.

The smiles left relatively early this morning. I made a cake and it's only so-so and they're far more interested in blackcurrant buns. I think you might get more over your way than usual, Nicos.

Have a good rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Will....you....please.....control....these.....darned....smiles...someone?...they're...taking ....over ...the ...place.........heeeeelp!

Comment

• I had a nice trundle around the garden centre this morning. I found something suitable for a birthday present and bought a "couple" of other things for me including a new mint plant as my husband destroyed my last ones. I thought they were supposed to be pretty much indestructible but he dug up the lot, apple mint, peppermint, spearmint and chocolate mint.
                I did quite a bit of harvesting at the allotment today and have now got a big pot of courgette, tomato and red pepper chutney simmering away.
                Tonight I'll get a couple of steamers going as also for the birthday present I'm making a couple of puddings (the 25th December variety) except at my sister's house they love them any time of year and they get called several different names "Easter pudding", "Birthday pudding", etc. The only part of making them I hate is grating the frozen butter. It doesn't matter if I do it in the food processor or by hand, it's a horrid job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Will....you....please.....control....these.....darned....smiles...someone?...they're...taking ....over ...the ...place.........heeeeelp!

I'll wave the so-so cake about in the air. That might bring them back home... No promises, mind.

Comment

• That seems to have done the trick thanks Snoop!
                    or…it could have been the heavy rain and thunderstorm we’ve just had

gf…you know,what I’m going to ask don’t you????…pretty please?
                    I could eat Xmas pud until it comes out of my ears - anytime any place. Yummy yummy yum!
                    I have to make my own I think this year as I don’t think I can import one???? - not sure tbh as it contains suet….so I could do with a tried and tested recipe.

Comment

• Really easy recipe. Hope you don't mind but as it's old all the measurements are pounds and ounces.

CHRISTMAS PUDDING

6 oz raisins
                      4 oz currants
                      4 oz sultanas
                      4 oz grated carrots
                      4 oz breadcrumbs
                      2 oz plain flour
                      4 oz frozen butter grated
                      4 oz soft light brown sugar
                      ½ tsp ground spice
                      ½ lemon rind
                      3 tbsp thick cut marmalade
                      2 eggs beaten
                      2 fl oz brandy or whiskey

Mix all ingredients together and steam for 5 or 6 hours.

This makes a large pudding, about 2 pint or 1 litre basin. Feeds at least 6. If you split the mix into smaller basins you can reduce the steaming time. I've just split this in two and am steaming for 3 hours. When they are wanted probably another hour of steaming to heat them through.

Put in some kind of pudding basin cover with greaseproof and then foil or fitted lid.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 04-09-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• ^^^^^ Thank you!….fantastic

Comment

• Morning all

Steady day yesterday. Was on the lotty at first light (06.10), at eight Mrs. B texted to say she was bringing breakfast down (raw jumbo oats and yog topped with rasps picked there and then) and after that the day was a pleasant mix of pottering and nattering. Came home about 17.00

Still no sunshine yet but the skies look more promising today

Enjoy your day
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning we have sunshine the raspberries/blackberries have been picked and the laundries out on the line.

That sounds the perfect day MrBones.

We had visitors here for the day yesterday it's nice to get back to something like normal.

Greenishfing I use a set of old Avery shop scales so I like recipes in lbs and oz it saves converting them from metric.

Enjoy your day
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^^^^
                              I've got a set of digital scales that I love as I can change between imperial and metric with a click and reset to zero between additions.

Sunshine already today. Yippee!!

Off to the allotment shortly.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 05-09-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like another day of sunshine for me,
                                It is however quite humid after yesterday’s rain.
                                Damp soil = easier weeding!…yey!

enjoy your day peeps - see ya later

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X