This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Great to hear about your dog, Snadger. Bet he really enjoyed the new smells and sights. We had a lovely walk yesterday, somewhere we haven't been for ages because the elderly dog would have struggled. But she had a whale of a time. Didn't do much hurtling off to the side of the track after a scent, like the other two, but was on excellent form. Found a mudhole and came back absolutely covered in the stuff. She's a bit stiff this morning but has had her painkiller and I imagine she'll be right as rain shortly.

Sorry to hear about the blight, Mr B. Must have been devastating throwing all those lovely tomatoes away. A promise of pleasure not fulfilled.

Not much other news here. Last day of our Dutch friends' visit. It's been really good. We've been friends for thirty years but haven't seen them for absolutely ages. Might just as well have been last week, though.

Busy day ahead, so better get on the case. Still haven't watered, so I'm going to be really hot by the time I've finished. But I needed the sleep.

Smiles going every which way this morning. It's a bit breezy and they're getting blown all over the place. I'm just going to leave them to it. They know the way to your places by now, so I'm sure they'll find you. Have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Morning all

Had my dog out on a trial run in the car yesterday to see how he got on. We drove to a picnic site and I took him a walk from there. I needed to check out whether he would be ok before I contemplate buying a campervan where we can have a bit of a late hol. He was fine thank goodness.

TTFN
      At this rate you’ll be off in your yet unbought camper before we are!

Good idea about seeing if he travels OK first…now you have no excuse not to get one
      What are you leaning towards buying?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

We've had 3 dogs over the years and they all loved the car, Wire fox terrier liked to just sit in it any chance he could. Had to keep him on a short lead in car parks any car with the door open or he would be in

Sorry to read about your blight MrB it must be really disheartening to lose crops like that.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A very breezy day here so lots of your smiles coming in on the breeze Snoop.
          The camper van holiday sounds great Snadgar.
          Sorry to hear your problems with blight Mr Bones, it's very disheartening.
          No plans for the day but I am sure something will get my attention.
          Off to the park shortly.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

The dark mornings are creeping in at a fair lick aren’t the? ( that’s not logical English is it?….but you know what I mean!)
            I know what you mean, it was a fairly dark feeling drive in this morning - and fairly cool and damp too. I rocked trousers instead of shorts for the first time in ages!
            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon all,not looked back yet,hope all are well,sorry to hear about the blight,good your dog will travel ok,so on with your camper plans,where on earth has the time gone to,did not realize i not put me nose in here for a bit ,just been putting all the sewing gubins in the new homes,i have treated myself to a cover seam machine,so i can actually hem up bottoms ext on garments,aaaaaaaaand,a industrial overlock machine,waiting for it to get sorted out out and delivered,i will then be able to seriously use some fabric in my large stash,and hopefully get some nice new clothes and try and wake up my design brain again,i shall be hopefully suitably engaged over the none gardening times,next job is the new kitchen,hoping to start next week,my new life continues,look after yourselves everyone
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

No gardening today apart from harvesting we've been out walking instead we had a bit of rain but still wearing shorts though, I won't go into trousers just yet.

Enjoy your new sowing machine Lottie you'll soon work your way through your stash.

Comment

• Evening All That's all good to hear Lottie. Very windy here so there'll be loads more apples to pick up and not many I can use. Back in the office tomorrow so will probably see you bright and early, well definitely early! Have a good night All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning All It's dark! Off I go again. Have a good day All
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Dull and overcast, 14C but it feels cooler. Like the sound of your sewing machine lotty

I'll get the kettle on, help yourselves - Snoops smiles will be here soon
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• The weather was miserable here yesterday with intermittent drizzle. In other words a typical English Summer day. We picked blackberries in the afternoon which I've cooked and put through a jelly bag. The kitchen looked as if there had been a mini bloodbath by the time it had dripped through. I'll add the sugar this morning and try and get it to set. I don't think the weather's any better today.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Lovely to see you lottie - also love the idea of you sewing again. Tell us what you’re up to…it might kick start me into getting mine out and making the curtains and thermal liners for the camper!

Gf…it sounds like your jam making skills are similar to mine - sometimes I even manage to get it on the ceiling
                          I’m impressed you already have blackberries - all mine are dark green and the size of petit pois or else still coming out into flower!

Off out in the camper for the day straight after breakfast.
                          We’re Heading to a Roman camp which has a few prehistoric places nearby - we both need a change of scene away from the house.
                          ….

Ta muchly to whoever left the cuppa - perfick ​​​​​​​

Enjoy your day peeps
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning the laundry's nearly ready to go out, sourdough's been fed, I've picked a few raspberries and blackberries for my oatmeal so a good start to the day.

Enjoy your outing Nicos

Comment

• Morning all

Glad you mentioned the camper/motorhome Nicos, I was going to ask you summat. Campers are expensive, vans are a bit cheaper.Do you reckon you have saved a lot by doing your own conversion? Just pondering what to do myself as I don't want to pay a shed load of money when I could possibly save a fortune by doing it myself and building it to my own specification.?

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                The laundry is out and should dry quickly as it's very breezy,
                                A trip to the hairdresser this morning and then some shopping.
                                Enjoy your trip out Nicos,
                                Have picked a lot of blackberries over the last week,
                                Putting them all in the freezer and will make bramble jelly in the winter.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...