Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All What a lovely way to start the day with your talk of travel. I'm planning to restock the freezer with pastry, which seems pretty boring but necessary and much easier to do if I'm at home. We have a sprinkling of rain and storms forecast. Fabulous photo Snoop. Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good day all,had a drop of rain this morning,it was needed,hope every one is well,camping eh,brings back some nice memories,tents,trailer tents and caravans,the freedom it gave,1 night here and 3 another,hope you have a peaceful rest nicos,nothing better than doing something out what others say is norm,reminds me of our lottie days in the shed with lots of open windows,having a snooze in peace,also remembering 1 time when at a vehicle gathering,in tents,the 2 elder ones in a little one each,decided to gather up the sheep poo,it was all over the tents,they even moulded it around the metal bit that was on top of the tents,was i mad,what do you think,then the time we pulled into a site with a caravan late for 1 night,it was an old van even back then,i thought i was hearing things when i head a parent berating their ofspring for coming near us,must have thought we were gipsys,then the time we did not even get undressed or unhitched,as it was so bad,all these things make for memories,what have you got to share,saturday i triped up coming in the porch door,lady over the road saw me ,another up the street heard me,upshot was,4 lovely new neighbours came to my rescue,son was duly called,i was not left alone until he came,i have really hurt myself,both arms bruesd,knee ,ankle,am feeling a lot better now,just sore and brused,nothing broken,just taking things a bit easier,for now,1 rescuer came to see how i was,with a lovely hand made x stitch little pillow to hang up in my new sewing room when it.s done,i am so lucky here to have such lovely peeps around me,have a lovely afternoon noon all
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sympathy like there, LD.

Terrible way to meet people, but nice to have met them, I bet.

Comment

• Hope you're feeling better Lottie. Glad you're settling into your new place and meeting people.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I had already met them,1 i have a good rapore with,he is looking out for me bless him,we met him and his partner before we moved in,he said to son,that he loves his mom/me, as i remind him of himself,i just feel like i belong and been here for a long time,apart from MR,the only thing missing is my get up and go,the brain is on top form,hoping by christmas,to have my kitchen done,am sitting in the conservatory and the rain is heavy,it makes a change from the ruddy squirrel darting about,am also hoping that my computer can be changed from linux to somat else,as i cannot use the system to process pics ext,then i will be able to show you my new garden,and owt else
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

It sounds like you have some nice neighbours Lottie Hope you don't feel to sore xx
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Decent neighbours can really make the difference, if you're got that, you're halfway there!

Not much happening today as its rather wet and wild here. That sort of weather always makes me tired
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• Take care of yourself Lottie.
                  Sounds like you have some lovely neighbours.

Well the rain finally arrived.
                  Not enough to fill the water butts but the garden is looking fresher.
                  The temp has gone down so it will be easier to sleep.
                  Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh dear Lottie , sounds like a very nasty tumble - you need to remember you don’t bounce any more
                    Hope recover quickly, and am thrilled you are surrounded by kind, thoughtful people

We had a great day out. Each time we realise something extra we need to pack on a regular basis and something we can replace with a smaller alternative.

We ended up in a small forest which had 5 parking/ picnic sites and chose one where we were the only people.
                    Just as we were leaving a guy showed up in his 1982 converted vw campervan. It looked like something out of Jo 90.

My parents had a tiny 12ft caravan when I was growing up and we used to travel all over the place most weekends over the summer and most school holidays.
                    . I think that’s how I learned to love the countryside in all its shapes and forms.
                    I didn’t start camping until I took my Duke of Edinburgh Awards and thoroughly enjoyed that for years , but I have to say that this camper feels somewhere in between and I’m already loving it.
                    The smell of theCalor gas stove sends me straight back to my childhood each time we make a brew

On the way home we did a quick grory hop in Lidl. The house now smells utterly Devine with a mixture of ripe peaches, nectarines and melons.mmmmm….
                    yup…it’s been a good day for me
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all

Glad you enjoyed your day out Nicos, know what you mean about the smell of a calor gas stove

15 deg and overcast here. Car's in dock having a towbar fitted today so probably be hanging about later waiting for the call to collect it.

Enjoy your day
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, a bit of rain early on then more due this afternoon.

A good day out Nicos Calor gas and canvas my favourite camping smells along with bacon.

Hair cut today not sure after that.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lottie I'm glad you have settled into your new home.
                          We had a tiny calor gas ring at one point but more than anything I remember my grandad brewing tea and cooking bacon on the ancient primus stove, which I believe ran on metholated spirits, on the marine drive in Scarborough. Why does bacon taste so much better eaten outdoors?
                          Productive morning so far. Already had an appointment with the nurse. I'm going to buy fish at 10AM when my mobile fishman will turn up nearby. It was raining earlier but seems to be brightening up now so hopefully I 'll get some weeding done later and pick some courgettes before they balloon into monsters.

Comment

• Good morning g all.
                            Mixed weather here, sunshine and showers.
                            We brought our calor gas cooker with us everywhere we went.
                            Such happy memories of those simple times.
                            No plans for the day, it will be dictated by the weather.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I love your camper van photo Snoop - my goodness you clearly did some adventuring in it!…how fantastic!

Bacon cooked outside….ha , yes, absolutely gf.
                              That reminds me of a time we were doing a vide grenier( car boot sale) with some friends a few years ago .
                              We both had cars with hatchbacks and having arrived at the stupid time of 6 am had obviously not had breakfast.

Between us we had the ingredients for a typical breakfast fryup, so …boot lids up, two portable camping stoves lit, sausage, bacon,black pudding, fried bread, baked beans, mushrooms , eggs….coffee pot on…we suddenly noticed a pile of people at our tables and eagerly went to sell them our unwanted ‘stuff’.
                              But nah….they were queueing to buy our fry up thinking we were also selling food.

They just kept on coming - right up until the frying pans had cooled down. The smell of fried bacon is utterly delish isn’t it?

Well, having just been drooling whilst writing that, today I just have to be content with my breakfast of homemade toasted bread with my ginger and gooseberry jam and mug of tea. That too was delish

OK..stuff to do!
                              See you all later - enjoy your day whatever you get up to!
                              Hope you are feeling easier today Lottie x
                              Last edited by Nicos; 28-07-2021, 09:36 AM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

You getting a trailer for all those bags of rabbit poo, Mr Bones?

How about those Camping Gaz lights you used to get that ran off small canisters? All this talk of camping cookers has reminded me of the sound they used to make.

Busy morning outdoors to start the day. Managed to get quite a bit of weeding done, pollinated three Emir melons (one must surely take...), did absolutely masses of watering (temperatures due to go back up a bit - mid-30s, so not absolutely sweltering - but also due to get a bit windy), admired the tomatoes, picked some rather large courgettes, and watched the bees go berserk over the sweetcorn.

Just yesterday, I was telling Mr Snoop we might get some, as the tiller tassels are out and the silks are now mostly on display. And now the bees are here. This is only the second year we've had bees come for sweet corn pollen. I need to time it better, so there are more ordinary flowers out and about rather than a dearth. Some bees were even rolling over in the pollen that had collected at the base of the leaves where it joins the stem. Last time it happened, we had only patchy kernels. I guess the same will happen again, exacerbating the already poor pollination after the cold nights and then scorching heat. Good to know there are honeybees about somewhere though.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but an afternoon nap sounds appealing.

Have a great day, everyone. Smiles on the loose today. Hope they find you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X