Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Washing's out and half way dry already. Picked my first runner bean yesterday (just the one, the rest are still embryonic in size ) and they look to be setting well despite the heat.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All 30 degrees already! Bit hot for housework but needs must. I'll aim for a chair outside later. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Thought you were doing overtime at work Flo…..it’s still lovely weather!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• 10 am and HOT. Off to the allotment as soon as my husband gets himself organised. I am still waging war on the ants in the greenhouse. If anyone has any brilliant ideas for getting them to leave I'd appreciate it. Putting lots of water in seems to have no effect and I don't want to hurt my plants. I can't even weed in there without getting covered with them.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Sun is high and temp 23degs already,
            Laundry left out overnight is now dry and indoors.
            Greenhouse plants all watered and shaded.
            Now out to play pitch and putt.
            I play by the coast so must leave early as the roads will be bumper to bumper goingvtohe beach.
            Have a good day all and dont forget the suncream.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              ... I am still waging war on the ants in the greenhouse. If anyone has any brilliant ideas for getting them to leave I'd appreciate it. Putting lots of water in seems to have no effect and I don't want to hurt my plants. I can't even weed in there without getting covered with them.
              Have you tried ant nematodes, GF? Supposed to be very effective in greenhouses. They don't attack the ants, but apparently ants can't abide them in the neighbourhood and move out. I'm thinking of trying some as I have red ants in the lawn which really sting/bite/whatever. Plus they are making the lawn uneven by raising areas. It's amazing how much earth they can shift.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Have a look at this…

https://www.pearsonguy.com/Blog/8-na...t-rid-of-ants/

my neighbour in the uk used cornmeal ( dried polenta) and that kept them under control

Comment

• Hot innit?

Anyone fancy a chilled glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice with ice cubes?
                  Last edited by Nicos; 17-07-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon I’m under the gazebo with my iced lemon drink just finished of a Cornetto
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Anyone fancy a chilled glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice with ice cubes?
                      Yes please Nicos

Days like this I miss having a garden.
                      Carrie

Comment

• Sugar free Irn Bru for me thanks...............................

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Have a look at this…

https://www.pearsonguy.com/Blog/8-na...t-rid-of-ants/

my neighbour in the uk used cornmeal ( dried polenta) and that kept them under control
                          That's interesting. I might try that near some ants' nests in the veg patch, see if it does any good there. By the way, am I too late for the juice? I'd love a glass if there's still some going.

Not had a very productive day. But very restful. Went back to bed at just after 9 am, having finished the gardening for the morning and walked the dogs. Was just going to rest for ten minutes or so but woke up three hours later. So that has rather put the kibosh on most other things I'd planned to do.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

Comment

• Had to come indoors it’s just to hot even under the gazebo. Just munching my way through a dish of fruit

Snoop you must have needed that sleep or it wouldn’t have happened.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              A glorious day in the sunshine playing pitch and putt
                              Temp got up to 28degs so the traffic was horrific going to the beach.
                              Home now and having a Zoom family quiz tonight.
                              Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all

Hot to trot again today. Hit 30 deg yesterday, popped out in the evening to water the PT and came back just as the bitey flies started. Sat out then with a glass of red and watched the stars (saw a few satelites zoom over, there are lots more than there used to be).

Enjoy
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X