Help! my keyboard is misbehaving!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! my keyboard is misbehaving!

When I press the shift key and the number 2 key for quotation marks, I get the @ sign, and the @ key is giving me quotation marks. The 3 key gives me # then the rest of the row is OK. The # key gets \ and |
    but they are still also on their proper key on the left. And the key to the left of 1 gives me ~ with the shift key.

Can anyone help?

And what does the Fn key do? Never really noticed it before.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Have you got an external keyboard or are you using a laptop?

It sounds like you've managed to reset your keyboard somehow.If you have a laptopand you open control panel it should be in there somewhere. a lot depends on which OS you're using.

The FN keys lol ... see those little writings aabove the F keys? well if you hold down Fn and press them thats how you access them mine control brightness, volume and other bits and bobs

I resist the standard IT ersponse of turn it of and back on again
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

OK, panic over. All sorted. I fixed it by changing the language option, which restarted the PC. Whether just restarting would have done the job, I don't know. I wonder what caused it in the first place?
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Thanks Nick. Maybe I should have tried on/off before changing the language, which was more of a fiddle.
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          OK, panic over. All sorted. I fixed it by changing the language option, which restarted the PC. Whether just restarting would have done the job, I don't know. I wonder what caused it in the first place?
          fat finger syndrome its a trait of bloody Microsoft ( I hate it) it assumes you want to do something and goes ahead and does it withought pausing to ask!!! spell chucker is the same.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

A windows upgrade changed my keyboard, I think it's the American one that has the keys like you are experiencing, I had to change the default setting to get rid of it.

Comment

As a joke o e of my collegues levered out two keys and swapped them round.
              Consequently when I came to login I couldn't enter my password properly.
              After 3 attempts my account was locked out.
              I thus had to involve the firms IT admin to unlock the account.
              It also took him a while to sort the keys.
              He was not amused.
              My collegue got a good telling off.

Horseplay at work often ends up in tears!

Jimmy
              Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                A windows upgrade changed my keyboard, I think it's the American one that has the keys like you are experiencing, I had to change the default setting to get rid of it.
                I agree. It happens that an update of the operating system changes the default settings. You need to watch and adjust as you like.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X