Denial of Service/browser checks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denial of Service/browser checks

Hi, when trying to access the forum (using a Windows PC, Chrome browser) on recent visits today, I've been presented with a check to test my browser. Will this be happening each time? I click on the I'm a human box, then do all the pictures but it still comes up that there's a security token missing, whatever that means. Yet it lets me through and clearly recognises me, as my name comes up top right. Bit tedious and I know some people will find this very off-putting if it's every time.

Also, the initial browser-checking screen suggests I can download an app from Google Store to avoid this happening. Me, I'm very suspicious and it seems odd that no-one else has mentioned this yet, so am very reluctant to follow a link to some unknown app.

Maybe I missed the news on this, if it's genuine, but could someone give me some advice on what to do.

Same happening to me.

Comment

I’m getting the browser checking too.
      I notice one o& the Admin team in online,so I’ve put up an alert list for him and pmd him to see if anything can be done.
      Fingers crossed he sees my flapping around of arms and whistling to catch his attention!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Happened to me as well. I just closed the page, opened it again it was fine. No idea why.

Comment

Hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

and me ... annoying isnt it fingies crossed for tomozz
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Its just happened to me just a browser check nothing else I’m on my iPhone just now.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Me too, why is this site so very poorly run
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Now it is really driving me mad.....

Comment

I'm going to return in a weeks time to see if its fixed.. I don't like the idea of some damm program checking my browser.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Same happening here as well.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

It is quite off putting. Having to fight your way through not only one but two screens of boat pictures, only to be greeted by an error message.
                        Pretty bad user experience, sadly.

Comment

I save a link in my favourites to access here, I have just re-saved it and deleted the old short cut, seems to have got round the captcha stuff.

Comment

I just get a screen that says it’s checking my browser,it must want to check we’re not a virus. It hasn’t asked me if I’m human,I’m on the ipad.

Comment

I think this is a compatibility thing, someone has changed the protocol for this sites browser and introduced additional checking, I don't think it is looking at you as an individual, but is trying to stop machines that shoot out spam, it may well be set too sensitively.................hopefuly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X