told you I was a geek ...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• told you I was a geek ...

Whilst flashing ( not that sort Nicos) a new Linux image to a memory stick, I had a read of some of the projects on Balena Etcher ( the program I use) and came across this ... its intended for a single plant I think but I don't see why you couldn't use it for either a greenhouse - to automate watering or maybe make a misting unit for propagation ... it runs on a raspberry pi so thats cheap enough and its only 5v so you could hook it upto solar charger and a battery to run on an allotment.

We're building a plant monitor (and saver) - this is the early stage - balenalabs-incubator/balena-plant-saver
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

You had me at ‘flashing’ and ‘raspberry pie’ until I actually realised what you were talking about.

Interesting idea!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That's suh a great idea. I had no idea that Raspberry Pi's could do such varied tasks. I might ask a techie friend if he could set it up for me. He was telling us all about what him and his son had done with them and my head nearly exploded but he does love a challenge. Do you think it could be set up for individual pots on a run or with the info from one pot? Watering isn't a problem for me, it's the regular feeding I forget.

Comment

no idea Taff. I've several PI's of varing specifications but never thought of using one for this. I guess you could do it individualy but it would need sensors for each pot ... I wound need lots of cups of coffee to work that out
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X