No announcement yet.

Advert that cannot be closed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve promoted Admin again...not much more we can do tbh. Try modding all day and trying not to click on it
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Utterly annoying that the adverts newly inserted 'close box' doesn't work. I hope GYO get paid by the click through because I wouldn't buy off the advertisers if they were the last seller of whatever they're selling, on earth!
      Follow Mothhawks advice it takes a bit of time to get your finger to turn into a pointer but it does work. I've just tied it on a browser that doesn't have Adblock Plus enabled.

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      You need to move your mouse across it till the hand turns to an arrow. That's the sweet spot. Click there, gone! For me, it's on the left side of the centre picture.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 01-02-2021, 12:49 PM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Oh wow.... I just found an X on that advert!
        clicked on it and it closed!

One very, very happy bunny!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Inspired by Nicos’ excellent news,I just managed to close it too for the second time trying,earlier I tried the ‘x’ about a million times,this time I went slightly to the right where it says close & it worked

Comment

Nope. Pointer changes to 'finger' over most of the advert. I am not an IT illiterate.

I do not use ad blockers because I prefer to make my own choice about what I see. The same as I do not use spam folders for my email.

I can only assume that this might be to do with the browser it is being viewed in - in my case MS Edge - not a favourite but I have three browsers open with different windows open in each of them.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

The offending advert seems to have disapeared from my pc using MS Edge and no ad blockers.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                The offending advert seems to have disapeared from my pc using MS Edge and no ad blockers.
                Still there on my Edge browser. However I have found that if you slowly move the 'finger' pounter around the close box there is a small place where it turns back to a pointer. If it's clicked there (where ever that exactly is) then the banner closes.

What a right pain. I expect there's still one or two other places they could put adverts - nothing like killing the golden goose!
                Last edited by smallblueplanet; 02-02-2021, 01:14 PM.
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I have not seen it again since post#13.
                  Unlucky for the advert.
                  Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...