This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat back number 21

A new thread where folk can pull up a chair and gossip.
    Old thread here
    Chatback number 20 - The Grapevine (growfruitandveg.co.uk)

Evening all.

Hope you had a lovely start to the year. Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

Still frozen here, but a lovely walk round the fields in the thin winter sun.

Comment

Morning another frosty start but at least the snows almost gone from the garden, of out for a stroll later.

Enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Morning all.

Weather phenomenon that is new to me early this morning. I've decided to call it snizzle, as I can't find a real name for it: a really fine mizzle made up of tiny, tiny snowflakes. Didn't last long, though, and didn't settle, unsurprisingly. Very cold and cloudy here, looks like it's going to stay this way for the rest of the day. Time to get the fire going.

Big fat robin bobbing about on the wall outside my window. No thrushes today. Maybe it's a bit windy for them to be so exposed.

Busyish day. Got quite a lot done yesterday. Hope I manage more of the same. Even managed two half-hour stints at trying to teach myself Italian. Getting a bit old for language learning it would seem... Not going in as easily as it might once have done.

Right, have a lovely day everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Morning all.

Weather phenomenon that is new to me early this morning. I've decided to call it snizzle, as I can't find a real name for it: a really fine mizzle made up of tiny, tiny snowflakes.
            I've come across snizzle too once, many years ago, on a trip to Amsterdam with my husband. It was driving snizzle. I've never been so cold in my life. We kept having to go into all kinds of weird shops just to try and thaw out.

Keep listening to the Italian Snoop. I find that more of a language sinks in than we realise at the time.

It is a freezing morning here again with a beautiful blue sky. I'm not going out until the ice cube on wheels has at least semi-defrosted.

Comment

Good morning all.
              A little overcast this morning all. A dull start but still cold.
              We are also learning a language, Spanish, keep going, it's good for the brain.
              No plans for the day, maybe a walk later.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

heavy frost has now gone but still chill here. Never experienced snizzle ...good word!

Know what you mean about new languages not going in as easily!...I’m still working on my French!!

I did 2 years of Italian at night school about 20 years ago - such a beautiful language!...wish I’d kept it up, but I needed to study sign language for work and didn’t have time to do both.
                  Sign language is so much more easy and very logical....and that was actually a good laugh...I’d highly recommend it!

Today will be spent phoning and emailing friends and family and bringing in wood for the fires.
                  I could do with walking off some of the Festive fat I’ve somehow acquired...but just can’t be bothered!!!

Enjoy your weekend peeps
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning, been breaking the ice on the pond gently, no fish in it, but still don't want cause chaos in there, but don't want the ice to damage the liner if it starts expanding. Suns out, but you can't feel much warmth from it, so the fires lit, burning the last of the peat we got for Christmas. Take care all and keep safe.

Comment

Morning all,not to bad out there,we have had a few good frosts,and a little snow that went quick,and black ice,but nothing remotely like some of you,so please take good care,
                      Good luck with the learning snoop,the nearest i got to another language was when i learned {oh my beloved father}in Italian years ago,it does sound beautifully liracle,wish i could hit that top C these days ,have a good day all
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

No sooner had my phone tinged with a weather update "Expect rain at 12 O clock" than I saw the odd snowflake. So few and far between I could count them. Now in full blizzard mode! The biggest, fattest snowflakes I have ever seen, and they are settling. I have no intention of leaving the house in a hurry.

Comment

Rush out and catch a few in your mouth gf !,,... you know you want to!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Rush out and catch a few in your mouth gf !,,... you know you want to!
                            I went out (in the car) as soon as it started to get a newspaper for my husband. I think I probably caught a few. I was only out about 10 minutes. I can't see my tyre tracks from when I came in.

Comment

Snowing steadily here too
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X