X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good to see I've not lost my touch for causing havoc Nicos
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

^^^^ ha ha ha!.....you’ve not seen the half of what’s going on behind the scenes!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        The grey question mark used to be an up arrow as a short cut to get back to the top of the page. Somehow it’s become an ?
        it works on my iPhone but not on my iPad.
        Does absolutely nothing on my computer. Just sits there looking existential and menacing.

Nick the Grief, there's a name to conjure with. Sorry if we've met before and I remember you not. Welcome back.

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all
          Tis lovely having NTG back ...probably THE original nutter and an exceptional gardener!

One Xmas tree down and the second to go.....
          I am running out of a couple of basics and not been to the shops for over 2 weeks, so when I do go I think I might just treat myself to some flowers. I don’t usually like the idea of them being transported all the way here from sunnier climes but I might just do a one-off to lift the old spirits. I have enough bay in the garden to cut to make one bunch go a lot further too

The old diet is doing well...just 2lbs more and I’ll be back at my pre-Xmas weight....then I’ll keep on going a while longer.
          Its not a New Years resolution but a promise to myself to keep going until the end of January and take it from there.

Has anyone made any sort of New Years resolutions?
          Last edited by Nicos; 07-01-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Morning I've been over to the supermarket and it was I'm sure it had more staff than customers very unusual the store was fully stocked and I was in and out again super fast.

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
            good to see I've not lost my touch for causing havoc Nicos
            Welcome back Nick the vines been unpredictable since the last upgrade
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-01-2021, 10:28 AM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Morning all.

NTG back, that should be fun!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Good morning all.
                I opened the blinds this morning to a white world.
                Yes, it snowed and the footpaths are treacherous.
                An indoor day and domesticd.
                Does it get any more exciting.
                No new years resolution as such, just to get back to healthy eating.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Morning all.

No snow yet but extremely cold and dense cloud cover. The local snow forecasts have risen to 80 cm, most falling Saturday and Sunday. But an international forecaster says half that. Still plenty, but a lot less likely that trees will be brought down. We still haven't dealt with all the trees felled by Gloria last year.

New Year's Resolutions... not really but some good intentions still hanging over from last year, will they do? Learn Italian, get the veg patch up by the house sorted, get some drainage channels dug down in the fields, lose a bit of weight and try not to spend more money than comes in!

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

Good afternoon all.

I also awoke to a white world Bramble, but in my case it's a heavy hoar frost, which still hasn't shifted. Everywhere looks more Christmassy now than it did in dark December! The trees in particular are winter white and the finches and bluetits show up as beacons of colour.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

Shopping done. Plenty of food on the shelves, dunno why all the panic buying?
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger it doesn’t help when they show queues and panic buying on the news. It sort of snowballs after that.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

^^ Glad to say I never saw any panic buying on the news. I went shopping yesterday and everything was normal. The only reason my bill was higher than normal was I saw something that I know my brother in law wants for his birthday in a couple of weeks. What on earth are people buying this time? Some people are so selfish.
                          It is really cold here again today. There was a very hard frost last night. I had to go out to check on one of the in-laws late last night and it took forever to defrost the car. This morning it was as bad again when I went out to deliver some meals.

Comment

Good Evening All Trying to snow here. Glad you're all safe, stay that way
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Good Morning All and Happy Friday Tad warmer and raining. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Mornin Flon'all

heavy frost earlier-looking really pretty!
                                Did you get snow in the end Flo?
                                We had some hail but that melted pretty quickly

More research today for the camper.
                                Things we were planning on ordering from the UK now have so much tax and duty that we're having to see if we can source them from elsewhere. Not a happy bunny.
                                But...yesterday we did finally get through all the documents for her so she's now legally imported and got a french numberplate. We just got in there before the importation fees made the whole thing financially prohibitive

Whilst out we also bought in another 2-3 weeks worth of food/provisions , so , apart from collecting wood from the diy store ( still still not in stock) , we don't need to go near anyone else for a while.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X