Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Windy here but not wet. No doubt it will rain when I go to collect groceries later. It always seems to rain when I've ordered things in paper bags, like sugar or flour, and the pickers always seem to put them in the top baskets, so by the time the baskets reach the car the bags are well and truly damp.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• morning Grapes ! ... well another week has flown by off down the greenhouse in a while to sow a few more seeds - mainly perennials and shrubs but a few veggies.

Nicos ... would you like me to nip up the road to our local quarry and get something off them to shift this darn grandchild .

Craft rooms I don't have but I do have my man cave with my computers (I've several ... don't ask) fishing gear and my amateur radio gear (I've been a licenced 'ham' for 40 years) plus all my books ... lots of books and its my little sanctuary.

Mrs G is in the middle of a dreaded Zoom call to herTutor as she's doing some qualifications for her job but this damn virus has got in the way so its all being done via zoom so I resist the temptation to wander naked round the house with a silly hat on

off to make another coffee ... now where's that hat ...
      Last edited by nick the grief; 19-02-2021, 09:48 AM.
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

• ^^^ maybe I should hunt out me best Nora Batty stockings so she’d feel welcomed into the family?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, very wet and windy here today...would much rather have the dry and cold weather!
          Nicos, your granddaughter is obviously too comfortable in there...is that a week over now? We have asked our daughter to hold on as long as possible so that we will be nearer a lift in lockdown restrictions so we can head down for a visit when baby is still tiny...she wasn’t best pleased, no idea why!!
          Have a great day everyone. x
          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. A very wet and windy day here.
            No plans for the weekend Nicos but going further than 5 km is out of the question here.
            Looks like a domestics day so it gets no more exciting than that,
            Have a good day all and enjoy the outdoors those that can.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday I watched a programme last night about having babies during the pandemic with Emma Willis. It was really good, I thought about you two expectant grandmothers. Worth a watch if you can get it. Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Late on parade today. Internet connection was playing up and then I had some bits and bobs to do. Nothing spectacular. But people who were at work early? The French seed company I ordered from at 2.30 am and who already had the order on the road by 10.30 am. One of the items I bought is Chef's White leek. Never heard of these but apparently you sow them directly in situ. And supposedly they grow fast and big. Might this be a leek I can grow successfully?

Busyish kind of day. Against all expectations, work is still coming in. So I'd better get on the case so they don't go looking for someone else next time. Really want to get a bit more weeding done too before the rain. Forecast amount keeps going up, and then there are only a couple of days' respite before the next lot. So the ground is going to be too wet to do much.

Catch you all later. Hope there's good news for Nicos and LD today.

Comment

• HI all,no news here ,MR seems to have gone further into his shell,i only hope we can get moved before the shell door gets slamed shut,stay strong LD,had a chat with younest yesterday,he said he finds it hard to remember how his dad used to be,so a mum chat helped i hope,as it is not a case of having to cope,but simple as getting used to a change in live,to love and care for him,thank you for listening peeps,if my ranting are out of order,please will a mod kindly say so ,i live in hope that when we have moved and i got sorted out,to be a growing grape again,
                  Snoop let us know about them leeks,i am missing garden activities,but common sence has come first,have a good day and lets Bgood2ourselves
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good to hear from you, LD. Rants not out of place at all. Bet your son appreciated the chat. You're a wise woman coping extremely well in very difficult circumstances. Really hope things get a move on for you next week.

Comment

• Afternoon all, I seem to have found a new side effect from the covid jab, heavy head syndrome. I awoke at 7.40, usual sort of time, put the heated towel rail on in the bathroom, jumped back in bed for 5 minutes to let it warm up a bit, next thing I know it's 10.30...............................

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                        Afternoon all, I seem to have found a new side effect from the covid jab, heavy head syndrome. I awoke at 7.40, usual sort of time, put the heated towel rail on in the bathroom, jumped back in bed for 5 minutes to let it warm up a bit, next thing I know it's 10.30...............................
                        Do you know which one you had, Burnie?

Comment

Afternoon all, I seem to have found a new side effect from the covid jab, heavy head syndrome. I awoke at 7.40, usual sort of time, put the heated towel rail on in the bathroom, jumped back in bed for 5 minutes to let it warm up a bit, next thing I know it's 10.30...............................
                          The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Got up normal time, turned the heating up and went back to bed for 10 mins. After what I thought was 10 minutes I got up and I'd lost over 2 hours. I can't remember when it was though, maybe shortly after the jab.

Comment

• I had the Oxford Astra one, almost 2 weeks ago now, I don't think it's anything to do with the jab really, staying up till nearly midnight on forums and computer games more likely cause lol.

Comment

I had the Oxford Astra one, almost 2 weeks ago now, I don't think it's anything to do with the jab really, staying up till nearly midnight on forums and computer games more likely cause lol.
                              I had Pfizer, never associated my "lazy sleep" with the jab really. It does make you wonder about some " side effects" though and how real they really are.

Comment

• I think it is down to the weather,lockdown ext,we are all out off kilter one way or another,as described is how i am,there are some days when i feel great,my head aches are stress,maybe staring at the computor and mobile to much,we had our pfizer one 3 weeks tomorrow,not noticed anything different from before,we will all be better when we can go out with confidence
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X