Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Another wet day. 2 weeks ago I had my dormer window fixed. Expensive. Yesterday I came downstairs to a leak in my kitchen roof. Now the dormer one wasn’t totally unexpected as it wasn’t checked when the main roof was done about 6 years ago. But the kitchen roof is on the new extension that was built only 4 years ago, so not a happy bunny. I’m waiting for the roofer to come and give me a quote.

So the plan for today is to turn the small bedroom into a craft room. I’ve been putting it off for months now as it involves some hard labour. I’ve chosen that room as it has a beautiful view of the garden and the above mentioned roof that seems to attract birds.

Hope you hear soon Nicos, and cross fingers for LD that things get moving soon.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Still now news!
      Te he Snadge...keep up!

Tipping it down at the moment

Sounds like a good plan Janie- I’d love a craft room!
      Very frustrating about your leak though.....sorry to hear that - might it be a good idea to contact the builders to see if they will fix it for free/ discount price?
      Last edited by Nicos; 18-02-2021, 10:03 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all!! Shouldn’t be too long now Nicos!! Exciting times.
        it was a wild night last night, a bit calmer now though. Sorry about your leak Janey hope you manage to get it sorted soon. Ok off for a cuppa, if anyone wants one they are welcome.
        Enjoy your day...hope you get to the allotment today Vinny. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
          ...it was a wild night last night...
          we dont wish to know what you got up too Jay 😂😂

sun is shining just spent an hour tidying a bit of the greenhouse up and potted some lilies, alstromeria, lily of the valley and 3 pots of freesias all Mrs G’s favourites ... i can creep with the best 😂

coffee time now
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

• Afternoon all, the day began wet butis dry just now and the winds dropped, too wet to work on the garden, but pottering has taken place in the greenhouse, all my potted up French strawberries have been tidied up and the pots watered, new growth apparent on all the plants, which is a bonus, I usually lose a couple over the winter. Patio Roses also tidied up, these will get a top dressing of 6X in the next week or so, using this instead of B,F&B this year as this was what the GC had for delivery. Potting compost arrived too, so if this warmer weather persists, I may sow some more seeds later this weekend.

Comment

• afternoon all,no news here either,actually got some nice blue colour inbetween the clouds,hope for things to come eh,must go and get the kitchen sorted,i have had the layzeese/could not be bothered,tried rubbing the pot,but the genie has fled to another hehehehe,stay safe and lets Bgood2ourselves
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Just had a brew and chocolate cake to warm up.
                Help yourselves.....( apart from Snoop- I ‘ll freeze yours for the weekend )
                Last edited by Nicos; 18-02-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Good Afternoon All from my home office! It's great to have everything at my fingertips and nothing techy in the bedroom or dining room. Yay Hope you're all having a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Well done getting that sorted Flo...It’s very satisfying completing a task eh??

I’ve come back in to warm up. I think I’ve stopped for today.
                    Mostly filling in gaps in the camper van insulation with sheep's wool. I look more like a teddy bear now with bits stuck to my clothes.
                    Time for a quick soak and a brew ( how decadent eh?) then time to get some nosh ready.

Oh...and still now news

Comment

• Nick...whatever could you mean?!!

Doing a clear out of the house, finally got to see some carpet in the smallest room. What does son do...clears things from his room and piles them up in the spare room...just until he goes through everything!! Grr!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^^ Ha ha..still NO news!

blinking auto correct!

Had to laugh about your son Jay...we have been ‘storing’ things belonging to our children from 20 years ago...if they want them back I’m now going to have to fill in and pay import duty stuff....
                        See it COULD be worse
                        Last edited by Nicos; 18-02-2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon/evening we've been out walking in the sunshine kept to the local roads the fields are a bit to wet to make walking enjoyable.
                          ​​​​Janie I've got a craft room you won't regret taking the time to set it up. it's nice to have everything in one place but what's better is I can leave everything out mess included then close the door on it.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

no news!

porridge with blueberries for breakfast for a change .

More van insulating today, and hopefully a bit more weeding . I swear I can see the lawns growing!

Anyone got plans for the weekend? We thought we might nip up to the coast and take a flask of coffee with us and some butties . The sort of thing my grandparents used to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              ​​​​Janie I've got a craft room you won't regret taking the time to set it up. it's nice to have everything in one place but what's better is I can leave everything out mess included then close the door on it.
                              Ha ha! I can’t remember why but the door was taken off years ago and chucked. I suspect it was because my son hit it in a temper and made a hole in it.

Morning all.
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning a wet and windy day here its supposed to ease of later though. so won't be doing much outdoors. until it does.

Janie you're enjoy your craftroom with or without a door, you've always got the option of replacing the door or putting up a curtain.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X