Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The birds seem to think Spring has sprung. I have been watching the local pigeons chasing each other around in the hope of mating and a magpie seems to be refurbishing a nest in a tree about 100 yards away. It does look a bit exposed as there are no leaves on the tree yet.

Comment

Having a constant supply of green finches tucking into our feeders. There must be about 50 of them which are around all day munching their way through the sunflower seeds.
      Oh...and we are now well aware they don’t like peanuts...they pull them out and Chuck them on the floor! So we’ve had to catch them on a tray!
      such pretty little birds.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I had a peep outside about 11pm last night and saw a hedgehog. I think it might have been eating the last bit of crepes suzettes I'd thrown out for the birds.

Comment

Nice sunny weather,and things braking into life,from the ground and pots,yes,it seems to have sprung,also have some new growth on a couple of loganberry cuttings,now severed from the mother,and i think,blackcurrant bits just stuck in with the blueberry pots,yes i forgot all about them ,see i even have my own smiles
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Gardening in t-shirt and shorts. having a tea break just now so browsing on my phone.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Just saw the first snake head fritillary in the garden. My favourite spring bulb.

Comment

26C yesterday ​​​​​​...cooling off again by weekend with a potential for snow...but what a wonderful taste of Summer!

Comment

Sisters!
                  My sisters make me very happy these days. Hard to believe we barely spoke for about 50 years until a few months before the death of our mother who believed in "divide and rule".

Comment

Driving along seeing daisies, dandelions, primroses , cowslips and wild daffs covering the grass verges. Stunning!

Comment

The loudest buzz of bees all over the wild rosemary I've ever heard. Most of them honeybees. None of them are paying any attention to the broom plants, which are putting on an amazing display too.

Time to think about putting up a hive? I've got a Warré that needs some fettling but probably could be sorted in a few hours after negotiating a spot with Mr Snoop.

Comment

I can see some Basil germinating after 3 days!

Comment

Just got a call saying 5 tonnes of sheep muck arriving early tomorrow morning. Last year's, ready to use.

Not many other people I know would understand the joy such a pile can bring...

Comment

^ We understand Snoop - any chance of a photo?

Just been watching a pied wagtail with a beak full of grubs.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

My happy moment...a peacock butterfly in my garden this afternoon.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Saw a great tit taking some of the dog hair I had pegged to the tree for its nest. Plenty more where that came from.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X