Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of my Golden Girls brought me flowers today and their dad brought a beef stew. An hour's chat on the doorstep, freezing cold but so enjoyable
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Seeing this video on the news......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGpYs8Bexak
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Todays snow has been washed away with this evenings rain
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

The first daffodil in my garden just coming into flower!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7232FC3A-D4A0-4611-92CE-3E833264DA52.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	2517095
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Spotting two geese heading north this morning...they must reckon Spring is on its way!

Comment

Currently i take great happiness from sitting at my breakfast bar in the kitchen, looking out into the garden and seeing the Robin that likes to sit on the fence.
              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
              - Henry Beard

Comment

Wrapping up warm and going for a walk.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Since the latest software upgrade, the alarm on my tablet no longer goes off at 0705 every day ;-)
                  It’d been doing it for over a year, regardless of whether or not I had actually set the alarm, so is a great relief!

Comment

LD in the house.

I sometimes feel like Mother Goose. Got to keep my goslings close. Mr Bones looks like he's got away. But I still live in hope of Rary turning up again.

Comment

Snow . .don't see it much here.

Comment

Got to spend over 4 hours on the plot today, emptied out one of the compost bins with an audiobook from the library playing in my ears. Bliss!

Comment

Snow!
                          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Having a snowball fight with OH at 1.30 in the morning!!!!

Comment

Kestrel.

Went in to see Mr Snoop to offer him a cup of coffee and there was a kestrel sitting on our window ledge not 40 cm from his head. It was looking out over our fields and paid no attention to either him or me. I got very close (20 cm) and I'm guessing it must have seen me as I got a good look at its feathers, eyes, beak and talons. What a beauty. A male. I thought he might have been suffering in the cold or had perhaps flown into the glass and was stunned. But one of our dogs down below spotted it and barked and it flew off. Lovely sight.

I'm guessing it was the kestrel that flies up and down our valley. It has developed a hunting trick I've not seen in birds like this before: when the small birds settle down to roost at night, it lands in the trees, forcing them into the air and making it easy to pick at least one off. Very sad to see but obviously very successful as a technique. I've seen seagulls in Barcelona do this, harrying pigeons on ledges and balcony railings to get them into the air so they can be more easily caught. But never kestrels.

Comment

Being woken up at Stupido’clock.fr by two tawny owls chatting each other up right outside our bedroom window!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X