Advert at bottom of page

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advert at bottom of page

I know we have had problems in the past with adverts at the bottom of the page refusing to close. Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't close. It is quite annoying and sometimes I just give up and leave the site. ARRRRRRRHHHHHHHH!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I'm on a PC, so I don't know if phones/tablets are different, but if I hover the cursor over the ad, its http appears in the bottom left corner sitting just above the task bar. I move the cursor till that http disappears, then click to dismiss the ad.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

I agree, it's a pain, especially the dead space it creates, once it finally closes. This site really is quite shoddily managed, still advertising the August edition of GYO for goodness sake!
      I only like it for the friendly, helpful people
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

I’m reading on my phone just now and oddly it never has that advert at the bottom of the page, I do get it on my kindle and it’s a real pain trying to click it of without ending opening the advert
        No problem on my PC Adblock plus soon gets rid of it.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

It certainly does seem to play up a bit. its better on the PC than on a phone / Tablet.

I took a break from the forum for a while as other things in life took over. I have however noticed that since coming back, the forum really doesn't seem as active as it once did. There are some very noticeable "big players" missing of late.

Did i miss something?
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
            It certainly does seem to play up a bit. its better on the PC than on a phone / Tablet.

I took a break from the forum for a while as other things in life took over. I have however noticed that since coming back, the forum really doesn't seem as active as it once did. There are some very noticeable "big players" missing of late.

Did i miss something?
            Not really, some folks just moved on.

Comment

I am on a desktop and find I sometimes have to scroll the screen up and down a couple of times before it will colse.
              Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Whoopee!!!! It seems to have disappeared for me.
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

What is weird is that other sites obviously have similar ads, yet they don't interfere with the workings of the site.

Peteyd is right, we seem to have dwindled to a core of not that many active members. But presumably the forum serves its purpose for the owners and visitors.

Comment

Maybe somebody's experimenting with the design...?

Comment

I think I have finally found out how to close it. I have been using the point of the arrow but if I aim the point slightly above then close it, it usually works.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I haven't spotted it yet today...

Comment

I have just had it ..Grrr

Comment

Originally posted by Peteyd View Post

Did i miss something?
                            They started their own forum
                            google gardenandgossip.org
                            Last edited by Bobh; 27-09-2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I normally don’t mind advertisements as long as they’re easy to close and don’t obscure content.

However I am absolutely totally utterly completely revolted and disgusted by the earwax advertisement. It makes me feel sick and I’m not even a squeamish individual. What would be the process for complaining? I can’t bear to look at it anymore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X