Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Good to see you, Baldy. I have an ad blocker. It claims to be blocking just seven ads at the moment. There used to be dozens, it felt like.

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    Whilst I'm not on this site or any other gardening forum much these days - on my PC with a few ad blockers running I think its better than it used to be for obtrusive ads. Might just be that my ad blockers are top notch That ad at the bottom of the screen was always a *blugger*

Leave a comment:

• Vince G
    replied
    The site is just crammed with Ads, it's so irritating. It's why I hardly come on here any more

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    I was looking at YouTube last night & that horrible picture was in the side advert & I was eating! I cleared cookies after that,the ads must think it’s our interest

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    Now I'm getting this ruddy e*rw*x advert as well! I blame this thread ...

Leave a comment:

• muck lover
    replied
    Def will try an ad blocker for this phone. And will never mention earwax again (ooops)

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    You're right, JJ: usually Google (and social media) ads are based on things we've been talking about or looked up. So if that's a Google ad, then the Vine possibly can't be held to blame. I've got an ad blocker installed on my PC and these days the only ads I see are the big banner across the top and whatever pops up at the bottom. I haven't seen anything along the bottom for days now.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    That is disgusting,I don’t know why I clicked on the picture to make it larger I think talking about the thing might make us all get those adverts,I’ve got this one which is quite regional & not bad if it’s just words,some things don’t need a picture

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    I use an advert blocker to get rid of those distracting flashing adverts by default.
    I do not see the ear wax advert.
    I have not had a closure failure with the pop up at the bottom for a week or so.

Leave a comment:

• muck lover
    replied
    Hope you haven’t eaten recently. This is on my screen ALL THE TIME

Leave a comment:

• muck lover
    replied
    Hear (!!!!) it is.

Leave a comment:

• muck lover
    replied
    I mean I know earwax is an unfortunate fact of life but what’s next? Are they going to show us photographs of haemorrhoids? Sputum? Nasal polyps? Post nasal drip? Please please get this advertisement off my screen

Leave a comment:

• muck lover
    replied
    I normally don’t mind advertisements as long as they’re easy to close and don’t obscure content.

However I am absolutely totally utterly completely revolted and disgusted by the earwax advertisement. It makes me feel sick and I’m not even a squeamish individual. What would be the process for complaining? I can’t bear to look at it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Bobh
    replied
    Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
    It certainly does seem to play up a bit. its better on the PC than on a phone / Tablet.

I took a break from the forum for a while as other things in life took over. I have however noticed that since coming back, the forum really doesn't seem as active as it once did. There are some very noticeable "big players" missing of late.

Did i miss something?
    They started their own forum
    google gardenandgossip.org
    Last edited by Bobh; 27-09-2020, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    I have just had it ..Grrr

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X