• Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    I haven't spotted it yet today...

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    I think I have finally found out how to close it. I have been using the point of the arrow but if I aim the point slightly above then close it, it usually works.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Maybe somebody's experimenting with the design...?

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    What is weird is that other sites obviously have similar ads, yet they don't interfere with the workings of the site.

Peteyd is right, we seem to have dwindled to a core of not that many active members. But presumably the forum serves its purpose for the owners and visitors.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Whoopee!!!! It seems to have disappeared for me.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    I am on a desktop and find I sometimes have to scroll the screen up and down a couple of times before it will colse.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
    It certainly does seem to play up a bit. its better on the PC than on a phone / Tablet.

I took a break from the forum for a while as other things in life took over. I have however noticed that since coming back, the forum really doesn't seem as active as it once did. There are some very noticeable "big players" missing of late.

Did i miss something?
    Not really, some folks just moved on.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    It certainly does seem to play up a bit. its better on the PC than on a phone / Tablet.

I took a break from the forum for a while as other things in life took over. I have however noticed that since coming back, the forum really doesn't seem as active as it once did. There are some very noticeable "big players" missing of late.

Did i miss something?

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    I’m reading on my phone just now and oddly it never has that advert at the bottom of the page, I do get it on my kindle and it’s a real pain trying to click it of without ending opening the advert
    No problem on my PC Adblock plus soon gets rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    I agree, it's a pain, especially the dead space it creates, once it finally closes. This site really is quite shoddily managed, still advertising the August edition of GYO for goodness sake!
    I only like it for the friendly, helpful people

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    I'm on a PC, so I don't know if phones/tablets are different, but if I hover the cursor over the ad, its http appears in the bottom left corner sitting just above the task bar. I move the cursor till that http disappears, then click to dismiss the ad.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    started a topic Advert at bottom of page

Advert at bottom of page

I know we have had problems in the past with adverts at the bottom of the page refusing to close. Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't close. It is quite annoying and sometimes I just give up and leave the site. ARRRRRRRHHHHHHHH!

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X