X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatback number 20

A new thread for chatter boxes, here's a link to the old one
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ime=time_today

Good evening a bright warm day again have been busy fitting a new electric radiator in our front porch OH has been moaning about how cold it is at times and wasn't too happy with my recommendation to put more clothes on, she says I am changing my usual tune, not sure what she means by that now I better go and tidy up
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Went looking for a marmite flatbread recipe, Nicos, but came across these instead. Look good to eat if not for diet... https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk...ll-apart-bread

The busyish day didn't happen, as I seem to have spent most of it asleep. Not good. Just as well tomorrow's another day.

Comment

the ones i had were very thin/crispy and tasty,nothing like a bread at all,aprox 5 by 1.5 inch,made by marmite,the box says 140g,did not count them,at first,but think it was 10 in the box,Snoop it's the heat that makes us tired,the body cannot cope,so it shuts down to rest,we did have some rain,not a lot but better than nothing,it's gone very warm and clammy again now,stay safe
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Snoop make your flatbread and I will give you my address, it won't be a problem for me as I am not on a diet being young enough to carry on working in this heat it would do as a fuel or for the energy burns that we youngsters have now going to have a look through my seeds to see what I can sow now and give some thought to how I can store them 1/cooland viable 2/easy to see without hunting through a number of tin boxes, enjoy tomorrow keep cool and safe. Goodnight
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Marmite flatbreads are really marmite flavoured crackers.

If you use a good cracker recipe and add a dollop of marmite and a sprinkling of cheese, the resulting cracker would be very similar I think.

This is a good cracker recipe...

https://moorlandseater.com/easy-homemade-crackers/

The actual recipe is right at the bottom of the page, but the images are yummy to look at as you scroll down.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Good morning to everyone. It is blissfully cool here today so I shall be in the garden if anyone wants me.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all
                'Tis a much more bearable day here too.

Snoop and MH...those links look fantastic-I've saved them -thankyou!

I'm hoping to play outside today -yanking up weeds whilst the ground is damp....but it looks like it's about to rain again

Oh well...the kitchen it is then...what to do with a mountain of courgette, cucumbers and 8 dozen eggs?...answers on a postcard please.....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

^Cucumbers split lengthways to the chickens to fuel more eggs. Courgettes and eggs to make fritters, quiches, filo pastry pies and pie-lets. Courgettes to make thick soup for freezer (add more stock and blue cheese when thawing). Chickens will even peck out the middle of courgettes if you split them lengthways, like the cucumbers. Eggs to make more roulades, savoury and sweet, buns and sponge cakes if you've got room in the freezer. Crème caramels, savoury custards... But I have to admit, that would all make barely a dent in eight dozen. We've only got three chickens and I've given away 18 eggs this past week all told. I'd be outfaced by eight dozen eggs.

Comment

Morning all.

I've only recently started baking crackers, mothhawk. They go down really well. Better than crisps for a savoury nibble with a drink. I'll give that recipe a try today, along with another round of biscuits to justify having the oven on. I gave away loads of the apricot and walnut cookies from the book you recommended, and Mr Snoop keeps talking about them. In fact, if I make them this morning, we can have crackers with hummus and salad for lunch. Perfect. That's today sorted.

Not much other news. Got some work to get through. But baking comes first!

Have a good day, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

Pleasantly cool again today. Last night I cooked the blackberries I'd picked and put them through the jelly bag so at some point today I need to add the sugar and boil it to setting point. Also lots to do at the allotment today.

Comment

Good Morning All Cooler here too today. I've hung out the washing, but it's looking like rain. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Good morning all.
                          Cool and dull here so I am going to paint the porch.
                          Some gardening this afternoon and that's my day sorted.
                          Have a good one .

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Morning all,your right girls,it's a lovely refreshing day,painting here when fairy comes,ceiling included,emulsions dries fairly quick,and the wood paint is quick dry,all depends on how the coverage goes,how long it will take,thanks for the links MH,happy baking girls,have a good day see yar laters,off to get the coverups out
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Morning, all this talk of painting sounds like hard work, I had everything outside on out house replaced with UPVC, soffits everything, I only have to paint the guttering once every 10 years, the only painting I now do is on an easel just finished a canvas, next may start soon once it cools down in the conservatory.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X